Did you know that you can use homemade whipped cream topping on any dessert? From brownies, cakes to pies and any tasty treats in between, whip cream is the favorite topping of most people. What’s more, you can make your own topping at home, if you want to get your family involved in a fun activity that would yield delicious treats. Just be ready will the following ingredients you will need, and you’re good to go!
Ingredients In A Whip Cream Recipe
To make your own whip cream topping at home, you will need the following:
- Glass mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Whipping or heavy cream
- Electric mixer
- Pure vanilla extract
- Confectioners or powdered sugar
How To Make Homemade Whipped Cream Topping
- Put the mixing bowl inside the refrigerator about an hour before the time when you want to make the topping. Ensure that the bowl is properly chilled as its best to work with cold ingredients.
- When the bowl is ready, you can put it on a flat surface to get started. You can start by adding the vanilla and cream into the chilled bowl and then use the electric mixer on low speed to mix the ingredients. Mix continuously until you get a consistency with a soft curve.
- Next, take the bowl from beneath the mixer and then add sugar. At this point, you would sift the sugar into the mixture using the sifter to remove lumps and ensure that the whipped cream topping has a smooth texture.
- To finish the process, you can continue to mix the whipped cream with the mixer on a low speed and lift it periodically to check the cream’s consistency. The cream should not be loose, so ensure that the mixture has a soft peak once it’s done.
- Use plastic wrap to cover the glass bowl and then leave this inside the refrigerator to get a better tasting cool whipped topping with a nice texture.
There are many ways to decorate whipped cream, especially when you want to make tasty treats during the summer. You can really make a difference with this topping even if you are serving a mere bowl of berries. One of the most popular frosting decorations for cup cakes or whole cakes is the whipped cream frosting. With a bit of flavoring and powdered sugar, you could get a great tasting frosting in any color and shape. Some frosting have to be placed inside a refrigerator right after preparation, but there are others that can retain shape for longer periods outside of fridge.
Now that you know how easy and quick it is to make whipped cream topping or frosting, you can really get creative with your desserts. When you want more flavoring, you can blend fruits such as mango and peaches; melt chocolates; dissolve coffee or anything else that you want to use to make sweet or healthier choices.