Homemade whipped cream dessert can add magic to any event, whether the same involves hungry kids or adults. Depending on the amount of time and the ingredients that you have available, you could prepare puddings, cakes, pies, fruits, and many other delicious desserts with whip cream.
Useful Tips To Make Whipped Cream Dessert
- Preparation: You can make whipped cream a couple hours before the scheduled time of the party or event. First, you must prepare and place a bowl inside the refrigerator with a strainer set on top.
- Freezer Cold: Although this is not important, it’s best to start with a bowl, cream and ice cold beaters to get better results. All you have to do is place them inside the freezer in advance for about 10 minutes.
- Flavored Whipped Cream: You can use a flavor of your choice, whether its rum, cocoa, Amaretto, cinnamon, Gran Marnier or coffee, rather than the usual vanilla. Just ensure that you are adding the right amount to jazz up the taste. Note that flavors such as vanilla, hazelnut and lemon will combine well with whipped cream. If you are making a dessert that is really sweet such as a rich chocolate cake, then using less sugar with the other whipped cream ingredients will give better tasting treats.
Some Easy Recipe Ideas
1. Berries and Whipped Cream
You can prepare this easy recipe by spooning your favorite whip cream over a bowl of fresh berries. This is perfect if you want to make a quick and tasty dessert that will impress your date.
2. Traditional Whip Cream Recipe
To make this classic homemade recipe, you need ice cold bowl and whisk to get great results. You can put them inside the freezer beforehand for 10 to 15 minutes.
For ingredients, you need:
- 1 or ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of heavy dairy cream
- 1 tablespoon regular granulated or confectioner’s sugar
Combine all the ingredients in a huge pre-chilled mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer to whip the cream to stiff texture. Add sugar and vanilla while whisking until it’s fully formed. Any leftover can be stored inside the fridge in covered containers to use later when making desserts with whipped cream.
3. Ice Box Cake
You can opt for this classic dessert because it is easy to make and you don’t have to do any baking. Place cookies in a bowl and add layers of whipped cream. This can then be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of hours until the cookies absorb the cream to form a soft, cake-like texture. You could use cocoa powder, nuts or chocolate shavings and different flavors to jazz up this whipped cream dessert.
The bottom line is that you can do a lot of things with whipped cream. It can add an assortment of flavors to many different sweet desserts. One cannot deny the fact that adults and children really love to enjoy different variations of desserts, especially the ones with white toppings. Whipped cream dessert delights are truly wonderful treats for everyone to enjoy.