Different Types of Adhesives
- Acrylic adhesives
- Bolt-locking compound
- Contact Cement
- Epoxy Glue
- Hot melt glue
- Polyerethane adhesives
- Thermoplastic Emulsion (PVA)
Let’s talk about the applicability and use of vinyl adhesive. This type of adhesive falls under the flooring adhesive category and thus is very useful in many modern houses of today. It has a high bonding strength and it can still be repositioned for as long as the adhesive is not yet dry. While it is especially created for the use of vinyl flooring, vinyl adhesive flooring can also be used on timber, hardwood, particle board as well as concrete.
Benefits of Vinyl Adhesive:
- Safe and it has no odor
- Emits no vapour
- No VOCs
- It’s water-based so it’s easy to clean
- Vinyl adhesive is great for substrates that are not perfect
- Repositioning is easy while it is still wet
- Allows you to work on large areas because it does not dry off immediately
- It is very sticky; its viscosity is extremely high, so it’s good for surfaces that can absorb fluids
It can also be in spray form and most users say it is more practical than any other types of adhesives. It can be bought from any home store as well, or from grocery stores.
Major Advantages of Vinyl Adhesive:
- Very easy to use. Because this is a spray adhesive, all you have to do is to position it to the surface where you want to apply it and then press.
- Its form of adhesive allows you to really finish the contents of the can
- It can be used on many different types of materials
- You do not need glue brushes to apply it to your material. All you need is a finger’s touch and the job is done.
- The bonding power is very high and long-lasting and its efficiency is the same as if this is not spray.
You can also use other forms of this adhesive such as waterproof vinyl adhesive to fix above ground or in-ground swimming pools. The moment the vinyl adhesive dries up, you can be assured of its strong hold and efficiency and then you can resume your swimming pool activities without worrying that the patch will slip or that it will not stick.
You will be amazed about the usefulness of these types of adhesives. In fact, there are also clear vinyl adhesive that are used to fix covers of the seats, boat canvas and used in greenhouses.