The introduction of P touch labels on the market made it possible to organize more quickly and easily. The labels are created in a Brother label maker, which is manufactured by Brother International Corporation, a premier provider of products designed for the office, home and home office. Its corporate office can be found at Bridgewater, New Jersey, and was established in the United States on the 21st of April 1954. The business sells a lot of industrial products, business products and home appliances which are produced by the parent company located in Nagoya Japan – Brother Industries, Ltd.
Aside from the Brother P touch labels, the company is also known for its line of fax machines and award winning printers and Multi-Function Center. A world leader when it comes to electronic labeling, it has a full line of P-Touch Electronic Labeling systems. Brother has more than 1,100 people under its employ in America and earned around 1.5 billion dollars in 2006.
Durability Of P Touch Labels
Compared to common labels, P touch labels use a one of a kind laminated tape technology that ensures that your text is protected by a layer of polyethylene laminate tape that is super clear.
The P touch labels TZ tapes are composed of six layers that result to an extremely strong but thin label. Thermal transfer ink forms the characters that are then sandwiched by two polyester film or PET layers. This result produces a label that is practically indestructible and can survive even the toughest conditions.
Features Of P Touch Labels
P touch labels come in a wide variety of colors, sizes and types which can suit the particular electronic labeler you are employing. These include:
- Abrasion Resistant Labels – the tape lamination technology that is patented by Brother ensures that each P touch label can withstand even the heaviest abrasion.
- Temperature Resistant Labels – P touch labels could be used both in freezing conditions and in very warm environments. The labels have been created to last and have been tested to the extreme. Test result showed that the laminated labels can survive temperatures from minus 80 degree Celsius to 150 degree Celsius.
- Fade Resistant Labels – Brothers laminated labels were designed to stay legible and clear as the day you applied them, wherever that might be.
Types Of P Touch Labels
P touch label tapes are as varied as well. Some of the types include:
- Laminated or TZ Tape – P touch laminated tapes will adhere to almost any kind of surface and is strong enough to survive abrasions and scrapes. Since the tape is water resistant, they can be utilized outdoors. They are resistant to oil, chemicals and water and will not fade under direct ultraviolet rays.
- Fluorescent Tape – this tape stands out more because of its background. As they are so eye catching, they are best used for instruction and warning labels as well as store advertising.
- Tamper Evident Laminated Tape – this tape is made with a special adhesive that leaves a checkerboard pattern if and when it is peeled off. P touch labels using this tape are perfect for labeling company owned assets.
The above features and types available made P touch labels popular in different types of industries.