If you happen to work in a medical facility or institution, chances are, you will have to wear medical scrubs. If you are fortunate enough to choose your own pair, you have to make sure to you choose the right ones. A good pair of medical scrubs can last for years; that is why it is imperative for you to know the basics when selecting your own medical uniforms scrubs.
Unfortunately, not all medical scrubs are created equal. With that being said, here are some quick tips that you can use before making a final decision.
- Fabric – Nowadays, medical scrubs are available in different types of fabrics. When choosing a particular material, it is essential that you pick based not only from your personal taste but also from the nature of your work. If you need something with spill and stain resistant features, then you should go for scrubs with soil-releasing capabilities. When comfort is your main concern, then a scrub with brushed cotton is your friend. However, if you aim for better flexibility, you should opt for a pair that is made from a spandex and cotton blend.
- Fit – Because you will be wearing it most of the time, your medical scrubs should not be too tight or too loose on you. Take your measurement accurately before you order for you to ensure that the scrubs fit you perfectly. Once you are able to get the right fit, you will have freedom to move and perform your best at the workplace.
- Style – How you choose a particular style also depends on your preference and intended use. The good news is that medical scrubs today comes in a wide array of styles to choose from, which include flare or straight legs, drawstrings or elastic waistbands, and boxer or cargo styles. Moreover, you may also opt for designer medical scrubs or cartoon medical scrubs which are available in various colors.
- Color – Dark colored scrubs lessen the visibility of dirt and blood spills while light-colored versions provide a friendlier environment to medical employees that work in the pediatric ward.
- Budget – Obviously, this is one of the most important factors to keep in mind. If you are working in an operating room where there is a higher possibility of spills, a cheaper kind of medical scrubs can be your best alternative. Otherwise, you can opt to buy from manufacturers that minimize the cost on scrub production.
There you have some important pointers to remember when choosing your own medical scrubs. Always remember to buy only from reliable brands like White Cross Scrubs to ensure that you are getting something that is wearable for a long period of time. Abide with these selection tips and you will find the medical scrubs that will best suit you.