Do you know how to properly paint your nails? There are various reasons as to why people paint their nails. Some do it as part of fashion and beauty whereas others do it to maintain the health of their nails. Whatever the reason is, it is necessary to know how to apply nail polish in the right manner.
Tips on How to Apply Nail Polish
Painting of nails varies from one person to another. With the advent of fashion and art, nowadays people even have designs painted in their finger and toe nails. The results of nail painting or art will greatly depend on how the nail polish is applied. Here are some tips on how to paint your nails properly.
- The first step is to ensure that you have the necessary tools to use in applying the nail polish of your choice. Prepare your work area so that you can avoid causing a mess.
- Clean your nails first using warm water and some hand soap to remove any dirt beneath the nails.
- Then, remove the previous coat of nail polish applied using either an acetone based or non-acetone nail remover.
- Once the old coat has been removed, wash your hands and toes to ensure no dirt or remains of the old polish are left on the nails. Dry your nails well and perform a manicure and pedicure.
- Begin by applying a base coat, mostly colorless polish on your clean, manicured and pedicured nails starting from the middle of the nail and work towards the sides. Allow the base coat to dry completely before proceeding.
- Take your preferred colors of nail polish and apply on the nails in a similar fashion to that used in applying the base coat. Start from middle of the nail and work towards the sides. Ensure the polish is well applied and no bubbles formed.
- Let this first coat dry then apply a second coat, which can be of a different color as per your preference. To enhance the appearance of your nails, you can apply a thin layer of white nail polish on the tips of the fingernails and toenails, creating a French tip.
- After the second coat has dried completely, apply a top coat mainly of clear polish in order to give your nails a shine.
- Allow the top coat to dry then gently remove spots of polish on your skin.
Dos and Don’ts
When it comes to applying nail polish, there are some dos and don’ts that need to be taken into consideration.
- Before applying any polish, ensure that your nails are well cleaned and cut.
- Ensure your nails have dried completely before applying polish. Always allow the polish to dry before applying the next coat.
- Always apply a top coat to give your nails shine.
The tips on how to apply nail polish is an easy undertaking. It becomes easier with time thus ensuring you have beautifully painted nails all the time.