Looking for a new window at your home? There are different types of house windows but here the only common are discussed and enumerated. These are five stylish types of windows that you can install in your house.
Popular and Common Types Of House Windows
- The Awning Windows: This is a type of window that provides breeze and good light. This type is good for areas that need privacy but at the same time let light in such as your bedroom. The awning can also be open slightly just to let some ventilation in. They can be installed next to the other windows, in a column, or just place above the door patio to have a light in and as well as fresh air. The negative side of this one types of house windows are since the awning is installed inside, all the dust and dirt will fall into the sash and onto the floor.
- The Casement Windows. This is a type of window that opens outward to let fresh air and light. It is installed on a place hard to reach and tightly sealed. Mostly found over sinks and top of the appliances in the kitchen. It is easily maneuvered by cracking it open and not the sliding up and down. On the negative side, moving into an older house with this type of window can have rusty hardware parts that increase the risk when replacing some parts.
- The Double Hung Windows. One of the types of house windows picked for its unique style among others. It has an ease of access and very good in ventilation ability. The top window can be opened while the bottom part remains close. The negative side is it tends to leak more air and only one will remain open while other types can be opened whole.
- The Hopper Windows. This is a window mostly installed in basements. Eventually, it is a casement window that flips on its side. It allows maximum ventilation because the entire pane is opened inward.
- The Bay Windows. This window lets you feel an open and peaceful indoors. This is one of the types of house windows that allows light to past through in many directions and in different angles. It adds uniqueness and style when installed in the house. The not so good about this window type it has no screen where a pest can trespass.
These are some types of house windows good for your house. If you are looking forward of installing them, understand first the features and its effects on your house. Also, you might also want to check out replacement windows ratings for installing replacement windows. This is to know how they work and what suites your house.