When it comes to the best in comfort and durability, lined jeans are hard to beat. By inserting a thin lining of flannel or fleece into a pair of denim jeans, you get protection and comfort for when you are at home, at the lake, around the house or around town. Best of all, they are available in a variety of styles and sizes from many of the biggest names in the production of jeans.
While snowsuits or thermal outerwear work well in some situations, they often limit movement and are quite bulky. For those who work exposed to the elements or enjoy outdoor adventures, these options simply will not work. Due to their lightweight construction, you can move in a pair of lined jeans much like traditional jeans or pants. This means that lined jeans offer thermal insulation where other options often fail. Many manufacturers also offer lined jeans with water-resistant treatments for regular use in the snow or rain.
Popular Styles of Lined Jeans
- Mens flannel lined jeans
- Womens flannel lined jeans
- Childrens flannel lined jeans
- Boot cut lined jeans
- Straight leg lined jeans
- Relaxed fit lined jeans
Sizes and styles of lined jeans mimic those of traditional jeans. Whether you are looking for a pair of flannel lined jeans for your children, family or friends, there are dozens of choices out there.
The costs of lined jeans vary by manufacturer. However, they are often priced similarly to traditional jeans or khakis. This makes them affordable on nearly any budget. If you have trouble finding them in warmer climates, most sporting goods stores and a variety of online retailers offer an extended selection throughout the year. For the best prices, consider purchasing flannel lined jeans during the spring or summer seasons.
Popular Brands of Lined Jeans
- LL Bean
- Guide Gear
- Eddie Bauer
Due to their typical denim appearance, lined jeans are easy to fit into nearly any wardrobe. For a casual look, consider a stone-washed or acid-washed color. For a clean, crisp look, dark denim works nicely. Paired with a buttoned shirt or T-shirt, flannel lined jeans transition seamlessly from work to play. For a little added flair, rolling the bottom of the legs to create a cuff will show off the underlying flannel or fleece.
Fashion Tips and Sizing for Lined Jeans
- When sizing lined jeans, choosing a pair that fits snug will help to create a more flattering appearance. While the flannel or knit does not add much weight or bulk, buying an overly large pair will create an unpleasant bloating effect.
- If you intend to wear your jeans with boots, a straight-leg style will tuck into boots cleanly. Boot leg cut jeans are intended to be worn over the boot.
- For the best appearance with boot leg cut jeans, always be sure to account for the boot when choosing a leg length. If the leg is too long, it will create unsightly bunching.