Gold earrings continue to be one of the most popular types of fine jewelry today, as most women wear them as fashion accessories and for status symbols. You can find these jewelry pieces in a variety of colors including white, yellow and rose gold earrings. There are also many styles for you to choose from, including small studs or dangle drop styles, which can be somewhat ostentatious. However, when it comes to versatility, none can beat the white gold hoop earrings in looks.
Before buying one of the expensive pair of oversized hoop earrings, you need to ensure that you are comfortable with the appearance, size and shape. Once you are certain that these styles match your facial features and personality, you can invest in one of the expensive pair of golden hoops. In addition to the white gold hoop with a combination of 100% pure gold and other metals like nickel, these hoop jewelry are produced from many different types of gold.
Main Types of Gold
Gold Hoop Earrings: Shopping and Wearing Tips
When you decide to buy hoop earrings, you will certainly love the versatility that they have to offer.
One of the easiest ways to get a new look would be to add a tiny novelty items through your hoop earrings. This way, you can get an ornament to dangle from the center of the earring. You can choose charms, small porcelain pieces and more.
Another way to change the look of your gold hoop earrings is to add pony beads and feathers to create a unique style. For earring styles, which open to hook in the ear, you can select three or more beads with huge holes that you can slip on to create a pattern that is colorful.
These are just some of the ways that the hoop earrings can look unique or different from other styles. Keep in mind that some of these techniques will allow you to get a new look every time, whilst others will be permanent. But, in either case you will definitely have fun when changing your hoop jewelry to match your outfits.
Whether you are buying gold hoop earrings for women online or at the local stores, there are certain things that you should know before spending your hard-earned money.
Things to Consider When Buying Gold Hoop Earrings
For conservative earrings, the solid gold hoops will be ideal whether they are small, large, thin or broad. The classic gold hoops are must-have accessories for every woman, because they can go well with any outfit, from jeans and sweater, office suit to evening wear.
The simple variations of these conservative styles include the white gold hoop earrings. White gold is similar to sterling silver in color and offers the prestige that is synonymous with gold.
You should also consider the embellishments when buying hoop earrings. Diamond hoops can be found in white and yellow gold in all sizes and shapes. There are many choices available whether you want small diamond chip accents on the outside edge, around the circumference or full carat diamonds on the outer and inner edges.
Whether you choose small or large gold hoop earrings, there is no doubt that you will cherish them for many years.
Nowadays, more and more people have their ears pierced as part of enhancing the beauty. You always want your earrings to look shiny. It always feels great when wearing the earrings, but a lot of people have no clue on how to clean earrings. Below are several tips on how to do it.
General Tips on How To Clean Earrings At Home
- You will require a bottle of peroxide, a small bathroom cup, plastic preferably and a few toothpicks. Put some peroxide in the cup and put your earring in the pool of peroxide. Leave the earrings to soak in the chemical for at least ten minutes. This is important so that dirt in the earring and debris that had built up to loosen and boil off.
- After at least ten minutes, remove the earrings from the peroxide and place them on a small towel. Most of the time, not all the dirt and debris are completely removed therefore, you need to take a toothpick and remove the remaining dirt and debris between the cracks or crevices of the earrings.
- Once this is done, you now have to leave the earrings in the open until they are completely dry and you can keep them in your jewelry box. These are just basic steps on how to clean earrings generally. However, your white gold hoop earrings need special care when cleaning them.
How to Clean White Gold Hoop Earrings
In order to keep that sparkle in your white gold hoop earrings, it is important that you try as much as possible to clean them on a monthly basis. White gold is normally plated with Rhodium, which is a hard and durable silver white metal and can be polished to a very high shine. It can last on your earrings for a lifetime if the correct measures are taken to care for the earrings.
As much as gold is long lasting, it is still a metal like others, and it can get scratches and dents. It is important that you take it to a jeweler to have it cleaned for a minimum cost. This does not mean that you cannot clean these type or earring at home. You don’t have to keep running to the jeweler each time you think your earrings need cleaning. You can follow these simple steps on how to clean earrings and your hoop earrings will regain their sparkle.
- Liquid Dish Detergent
- Measuring Spoons
- Small Bowl
- Clean Old Toothbrush
- Lint-free Cloth
- Mix one teaspoon of detergent with 3 teaspoons of water in the bowl.
- Use the old brush to scrub the white gold earrings. Pay special attention to the stones by scrubbing around them for longer. After doing this for some time, remove them from the water.
- Pour out the dirty water and once again mix the appropriate amounts of detergent and water as earlier and leave the earrings to soak in this water overnight.
- Remove the earrings from the solution and rinse them in warm water.
- With the use of the lint-free cloth, dry and buff the earrings.
When you follow the above simple instructions on how to clean your earrings, you will have them looking as good as new.
Nowadays, both men and women wear earrings. They always seek for the most popular types of earring to ensure they stand out from the rest. Types of earrings differ from an individual to another, but they fall into two main categories.
Two Main Categories of Earrings
- Clip-on: These are earrings that do not require the user to pierce their ears. They use a clip, and it is usually a two-part piece that gets attached to the back of the earring. The two pieces then get closed around your earlobe through the use of mechanical pressure. This holds the earring in place.
- Pierce-on: They are the most popular types of earring. To wear them, you need to have a piercing on the particular spot you want them. The most common place is the earlobe but other places like the tragus, rook or across your helix are also pierced.
Different Types of Earrings
They always come in circular or semi-circular designs. They literally resemble a ring. In most cases, hoop earrings are made of metal tubing. White gold hoop earrings for instance are made of white gold, which is a precious metal. They have a thin wire attached for penetrating into the ear. The semi circle hoop earring is usually constructed to resemble a half moon and it is worn like a stud. This type of earring can also be studded with different stones and gems to ensure you choose the ones matching your apparel.
They have a unique characteristic in that they take a floating appearance on your earlobe. This is because they do not have a visible from the front connection point. They usually have studs constructed to penetrate through your ear. In most cases, a stud earring comes with a screw back to ensure it is securely tagged on your ear. This ensures that expensive earrings do not get lost in case of involvement in violent activity.
These are other popular types of earring. They simply flow from the bottom of your earlobes. They vary in size depending on your choice. Dangle earrings get attached to your ear by use of thin wires. These wires usually go through the lobe and hang through a small hook present at the back. In most cases, dangle earrings use various hook designs. There are those which simply hang from your earlobe without any closure, and there are those which come with plastic retainers at the end of the hook.
Huggy earrings literally hug the earlobe. They come in numerous sizes and shapes and are quite popular types of earring. Most custom jewelers prefer making these types of earrings, because they can be made in many varieties when it comes to setting. They usually channel set stones in these earrings.
This is simply a plastic stick, usually a millimeter thick and 1.5 centimeters in length. It is among the most popular types of earring among teens, especially in schools thay do not allow stud earrings. This stick never falls out because it’s always slightly bigger than the ear piercing.
Make sure you choose the type of earring that matches the occasion and your outfit to avoid fashion disaster.
Silver is a beautiful metal. Jewelry made out of silver is simply outstanding and that is why it is so famous and desirable. There are numerous types of earrings in the market today but silver earrings especially sterling silver hoop earrings stand out for numerous reasons. They are elegant, stylish and the perfect pieces of jewelry for those who want to enhance their look and highlight their face. Even though they seem bulky, they are an excellent choice when worn with the perfect outfit. They bring in a lot of sophistication and class and make sure you stand out in a crowd.
Sterling silver denotes that it is 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% of it is composed of other metals. Pure silver is not functional to be used for these purposes since it is too soft. This the main reason why it is alloyed with metals. Normally copper comprised the 7.5% of the sterling silver mixture.
Pointers in buying sterling silver hoop earrings:
- Make sure you purchase silver branded 925. This brand denotes that it is genuine sterling silver. It is advisable to keep the quality in mind because silver sensitivity is common among women. It could cause rashes and itching around the ear lobe causing infections and inflammation.
- Also, cheap quality silver tarnishes quickly. This is another reason why you should choose only the best earrings.
- It is not advisable to buy sterling silver hoop earrings over the internet because you won’t be able to check the quality before making the purchase. If you want to make your purchase online you have to be very sure about the website you transact with. One reason why internet scores over retail shops is that it is easier to find sterling silver hoop earrings wholesale rates and thus, you can save significantly.
- While purchasing, you should keep the size in mind. Large sterling silver hoop earrings are beautiful but you should be sure they go well with your face. Sterling silver hoop earrings large are the best for those who have an oval face. If your face is round, large is not the best size for you. The best idea would be to ask for advice from professional jewellers over the internet or in stores before making your purchase.
- You can also find white gold hoop earrings mixed with silver or yellow gold for a whole new design and type of sterling silver hoop earrings. Such variants are growing popular by the day and the wide choice offered is making it easier for people to select what suits them the best.
Accessories are extremely important and it is crucial to buy the right ones if you want to enhance your look. If you are well-accessorized, you will look and feel beautiful and confident. There is nothing like the perfect pair of sterling silver hoop earrings to boost your confidence, your style and your beauty.
Diamonds are women’s best friend and not without reason. They are stunning, precious and beautiful. When it comes to describing diamonds, words definitely fall short. There are diamond earrings, diamond necklaces, diamond finger rings and so many other variations when it comes to diamonds and the ones that adorn them.
The most popular and famous are easily the earrings. Earrings made from diamonds are capable of turning a boring outfit into something seriously stunning. Hence, diamond earrings are a huge hit. While many go for the simpler types of earrings like diamond studs, there are the diamond hoop earrings which are the best. This is because diamond hoop earrings are versatile and flexible in more ways than one. You can wear hoops with just about any outfit. The fact that they are much more stylish than their stud counterparts also make them highly desirable.
Here is some information about these stunning pieces of jewelry:
- They are highly sophisticated and elegant. They look best with an elegant dress and only work to enhance the elegance further. They add class and maturity to your look.
- They are timeless pieces of jewelry. Trends will come and go, fashion will change every now and then too but they will always remain stylish and fashionable.
- As aforementioned, they are highly versatile. However, they can best worn with formal dresses for formal occasions, such as black tie events.
These earrings may be divided into different types based on their design, size and the metal used.
- When it comes to design, inside out diamond hoop earrings are highly famous. They are very chic. Some designs have more than one hoop while others may have a dangling attachment to the hoop. Hinged earrings are also quite popular.
- Based on the metal used, there is a wide range to choose from. Of which, those embellished in gold are very famous. Diamond hoop earrings white gold and yellow gold are the most famous. There are also black diamond hoop earrings that are classic, beautiful and precious. Platinum and silver are also used to make these earrings. White gold hoop earrings may also be mixed with yellow gold and then studded with diamonds. They are highly exotic.
In buying diamond hoop earrings, it is ideal to get a push back or snap post closure design for comfort. They are easy to wear and they will surely work magic no matter what you wear them with or where you flaunt them.