If you live in places with hot or humid climates, air conditioning units are essential appliances you should have. It gives contentment since it allows you to adjust the temperature at a desired level and gives you the relaxing feeling that you always wanted during the hot days. These systems can be used for commercial or residential spaces and are widely used among millions of people who like cool air in the summer heat or those who live in the tropics.
Different Types of Air Conditioning Units
There are so many types of air conditioning units that have the same basic purpose but are called differently. Some of the popular air conditioning units sold online or locally are the following:
- Window-Mounted Air Conditioner – This is typically installed on windows and walls of buildings or homes. This is the oldest type of air conditioning units. This is common in homes because it has a good cooling system for small areas. Window types have a back end protruding outside the wall where the compressor and cooling fan are located.
- Split-Type Air Conditioner – These wall air conditioning units have two mechanisms: one part, the air handling unit, is located within the room like in walls and floors and the other part, the condensing unit, is located outside the building or home. The very good thing with this is that it is capable to cool an entire building with a number of rooms. Among all types of air conditioning, it is commonly used commercially for its proficiency and efficiency. It is also known as ducted air conditioning units.
- Ductless Air Conditioner – This is used in places with no available ducts. Similar with split type air conditioning, this type also has two components. It is widely used in places that are very spacious.
- Portable Air Conditioner – It is otherwise known as mobile air conditioning which is the most compact and ideal for mobility and traveling. No mounting is necessary for this type and it can be transported easily. Most portable air conditioners cool a room size of up to 300-400 square feet.
- Central Air Conditioner – Central air conditioning units are usually used in movie theaters, commercial buildings, shopping malls and any other spacious areas that require heavy cooling.
- Package Air Conditioner – It is designed to cool very large areas. It is called as “package” since all the parts are packed or compacted as one. It is mounted on the wall and works effectively with no sounds. It is considered as the best type of air conditioning units.
- Roof Top Air Conditioner – It is mounted on the roof and capable of cooling areas with high levels of temperature.
Popular Brands of Air Conditioning Units
The names listed below are common air conditioning units for home and office use. The differences of air conditioning units prices among units with the same dimensions are most often due to extra features.
For the Home
- Frigidaire Appliances
- Amana Air Conditioning Units
- Kelvinator Commercial
- LG Electronics
- Coleman Air Conditioning
For the Office
- Goodman Manufacturing
Nevertheless, the best brands vary among various consumers by geographical region. This would mean that the best brands in the United States might not be the same in India or in Brazil.
Air conditioning units are used all over the world but of different types. The best air conditioner for your office or home hugely depends on the size and construction of the area, budget, and required features for an excellent cooling system.
Air conditioning units are nowadays a common feature in most homes. They allow individuals to regulate the temperatures in their homes or offices to get the most conducive environment. There are several different kinds of air conditioners that are available in the market today to suit all kinds of situations. For example, there are those that are suited for large buildings and offices and also those that are best suited for homes and small rooms.
Air conditioning units prices will depend on several factors but the different types and the variety in the market ensures that the prices are conducive for whatever budget.
Types of air conditioning systems
Window Mounted Air Conditioning Units
It is a small air conditioning unit that is most commonly used to cool single rooms. It is best for situations where you only have a specific area that you need cooled. It does not use the split system which means that all the parts are enclosed in one single box. For those looking for cheap air conditioners, this particular type offers several options that you can choose from.
Wall Air Conditioning Units
This type of air conditioner is very similar to the window air conditioner except for the fact that it is not placed on a window opening. Instead these air conditioning units are placed in a sleeve on the wall. They are a bit older than the other types of air conditioners and can be found mostly in older homes. This is one of the cheaper air conditioners available in the market and they usually fall below $1000 price mark.
Packaged Air Conditioning Units
This is a type of air conditioner that can be used for an average building. It is common in small halls, restaurants and even homes. It does not use the split system and all its components are contained in one single casing. However, depending on how you arrange the packaged air conditioner units you can be able to cool more than one room which is an added advantage of this type of air conditioning unit.
This type of air conditioner is further divided into two: water cooled condensers and air cooled condensers.
Central Air Conditioning Units
This type of air conditioning is very common especially in offices and large buildings because it is able to regulate the heat in more than one room by using ducts that are installed all around the building. Using one unit saves on costs compared to placing individual air conditioning units in all rooms.
Because of the large size of buildings that they service, central air conditioning units use the split system. This means that they have two separate units: The indoor unit and the outdoor unit. This also means that you do not have to create any slots in the wall to install them. Because of this split system central air conditioners are usually much quieter than other types of air conditioners.
One of the best features about this kind of air conditioning units is the fact that they are able to filter dust and lint from the air when the air passes through the filters. Central air conditioner prices are the most expensive types of air conditioning units due to the fact that they offer better cooling capacities and the units are built larger as well.
Indeed there are numerous options for air conditioning units. All one needs to do it match their needs to the right one. Also, do not forget to read reviews on specific brands and models since manufacturers also produce these units differently. Some may perform will up to your expectations while some may fall short.
As opposed to what numerous people think, there are many different types of air conditioning units in the market today. It is important for you to know about the different models before making a choice if you want to end up with the best deal. For example, it would be stupidity to go for central air conditioning units when actually your house is small and you could do with a window air conditioner. Here are the main types of air conditioning units and some information about each which is bound to come handy when you look for air conditioners for your house.
Types of Air Conditioners
Window Air Conditioners: They have been designed for smaller rooms and as the name suggests, they are installed in the window. All the essential parts of the unit such as the expansion valve, compressor, condenser, evaporator and cooling coil are enclosed by a metal box. They are also similar to the wall air conditioning units and the only difference between the two is the place of installation. Wall units are installed in the wall while the window ones are for the window.
Split Air Conditioners: These are made up of two different units. The indoor unit consists of the cooling coil and the cooling fan while the outdoor unit has the condenser, expansion valve and compressor. They are usually installed in the ceiling. They make for great interior designing and can also be used for two rooms together.
Central Air Conditioners: They can pump out a lot of cool air in less than a minute and are a popular choice in offices. They are the best for large areas and big houses with two stories. They are also used in gyms, hospitals, buildings, etc.
Air conditioning units prices could be out of your budget and thus it is important to analyze your purpose before picking any model. Wall ACs are cheaper than central ACs and if you have a small house, there is no need to even think of a central air conditioning unit. It is important to be practical while choosing air conditioning units if you want to save up on your money and your electricity bill.