It is important to take care of your outside space just like you worry about your inside space. First impression is always long lasting and to have an appealing landscape increase the value of your landscape instantly. Regardless of whether it is your house or your business establishment, you should ensure that the landscape looks great so that you make it welcoming, refreshing and beautiful. There are so many landscaping ideas to choose that you will easily find one to your liking.
Popular Landscaping Ideas
- The English Landscaping Garden: A simple garden with beautiful and lush green plants is always inspiring and relaxing. There is no better way to relieve stress and be refreshed than by spending time near your aromatic plants, taking in the beauty and feeling close to nature. The English landscaping design is thus popular all over the world. You could plant herbs such as lavender and sage. They are highly fragrant and can refresh your senses within minutes. They are the perfect landscaping ideas for the house because they add beauty along with fragrance.
- Tuscany: Tuscany designs are known for the rich earthy tones. They are popular because they are highly versatile and can be used for both houses and work establishments. You could add vines to your landscape to make it look more rustic. A waterfall with a solar fountain pump will only enhance the look further. Shrubs are also a great addition along with the stonework that the design comes with. They are low maintenance and this makes them even more ideal.
- Island Bed: Just as the name implies, these are planted in the middle surrounded by grass. You can choose an island bed based on the space you can spare and the kind of design you have in mind. The shape and size depend on your preferences. Make sure you have the tallest plants in the middle with the shortest ones farthest or on the edges to get the perfect island bed. These landscaping ideas are best for offices.
- The Modern Garden: Modern gardens are all about luxury, greenery and richness. However, it is important to keep things within the line so that it is low maintenance. Walkways with rectangular blocks and amazing greenery are the main points of the modern garden. Moss may also be used to accentuate the walkways. They are again ideal for homes as well as offices and are simply gorgeous.
There are many landscaping ideas that you could choose from. Be creative in your design and make sure that the finished landscape is appropriate to your house or office establishment. Do not be hasty in choosing a design, sit down and have a look at various designs so you can be sure of what you really need that suits your budget and space. This way, you will not be spending a huge amount of money and regretting it the next day.
Spring is an amazing time of the year because after a long time, you are able to step out of the house without the fear of turning into ice. Spring is the time when you feel closest to nature because everything is just so beautiful. Planting a few trees and spending a few moments on the patio is always welcoming. To make this even more special and to feel closer to nature, you could install water features. They have the ability to add a lot of beauty to your backyard and make it even more welcoming. You don’t need to go overboard with them either. Simple landscape water features will do the trick for you. There is nothing more relaxing than listening to the sound of water splashing.
Examples of Popular Water Features
- Bubbling Rock: True to its name, this type of water features indeed looks like water is bubbling out of the rock. The rock is generally a fake, large one and is not as heavy as a real one. It is installed over a basin from where the water is supplied and re-circulated to the top opening of the rock via a pump. It looks completely natural and beautiful.
- Free Standing Fountain: These fountains can be found in different varieties right from simple to highly complex. The shapes and sizes also vary. The styles vary from vintage to contemporary. All you have to do is find the right spot for this water feature in your yard and then have it installed. Make sure you enhance the landscape in the surrounding area so that it looks great and the feature blends in with the landscape.
- Free Standing Waterfall: Water fall doesn’t always need support. It can even be free standing and it makes for an amazing type of water features. All you need is a rock fence or a wall. You can install the basin below the ground or over it according to your convenience. If you want a dramatic effect, you could go for “colorfalls” where there are lights behind the waterfall. You can choose based on the color of your choice.
- Pond-Less Waterfall: These waterfalls are becoming popular by the day mainly due to the scenic beauty they ensure. They look completely natural. However there is no pond for the water. There is an underground basin where the water reaches and that is why the waterfall is called pond-less. The main advantages and the other reasons behind its popularity are the fact that they are energy efficient and there is no standing water. Thus, your electricity will not boom.
For circulating water, solar fountain pump is ideal because it does more than just circulation. It turns the water into a beautiful fountain, enhancing the beauty of the water features altogether. Whichever you choose is up to you, however, you have to make sure that your choice is suitable for the type of your landscape and area. Make sure in what you choose as this type of beautification to your home is a bit pricey.
If you are looking for a way to brighten up your backyard and provide a beautiful and eco-friendly decoration, then consider putting in outdoor fountains. Outdoor water fountains can be either built by the home owner or contractor, or you can buy one that is pre-made in many different forms and materials.
You can buy outdoor fountains that are made of resin, metal, concrete, stone or marble to name a few materials. You can buy them to set up on a pedestal in your yard, to use as wall fountains outdoor on a patio, or you can buy smaller ones that sit on a table or are used to decorate and lead into a pool or pond.
Outdoor Fountains Come in Several Varieties
If you want to decorate your backyard with outdoor water fountains, then you will find that there are several types. Water fountains outdoor can be put in for the benefit of local wildlife by constructing a birdbath that will ensure your feathery friends have drinkable water all year round.
You can also put one in that flows into a pond and fill it with koi fish and water plants for your own little ecosystem in your backyard. If you put in this type of outdoor fountains, then you need to look out for the welfare of the fish. Be sure to include a heater and a way to aerate and keep the water clean so the fish stay healthy. You might also consider a screen so they won’t be eaten by cats or other animals that may live in your area.
Outdoor Fountains Can Be Eco-Friendly
You can also help the environment and choose a solar fountain pump for your outdoor water fountains instead of an electric version. This type of fountain also can be placed in more areas since you won’t have to worry about being able to reach an electrical outlet. Be sure to place your solar outdoor water fountains in a location where the solar panels for the solar fountain pump will be able to absorb enough sunlight to keep it running. It must be in direct sunlight several hours to be able to accomplish this task.
The bottom line is that outdoor fountains are a great way to decorate your home, as well as enrich your environment and provide a peaceful location to sit and relax away your day.
If you are looking for a great way to put a spot in your backyard to induce relaxation and serenity, then garden fountains are a great choice. Outdoor garden fountains can range in size from a simple rock structure with a bubbling stream coming down to much bigger ones that flow into little ponds.
Deciding on Type and Size of Garden Fountains
When you are getting ready to add garden water fountains to your yard, you first need to determine how much of an area you have available to put it in. For instance, you could either have a small version of a fountain that is used as a focal point for your flower garden or other area, or a large one to be a focal point for the whole yard.
You also need to determine if you want a traditional electric fountain or one of the newer and more environmentally friendly solar fountains for the garden which use a solar fountain pump to supply the water and make it flow.
Popular Types of Garden Fountains
Here is a listing of some of the most popular kinds of garden fountains:
- Birdbaths – If you are creating garden water fountains in your backyard and also like to watch birds, then consider a birdbath. These come in several shapes and materials such as metal, fiberglass, resin or ceramic. They have a bowl for the birds to drink and bathe in and come in several styles such as a pedestal, a mounted version or smaller hanging versions and in several sizes. Some are also heated and may use either solar heaters or electric heaters. These are great for keeping the water thawed in winter so the birds have adequate drinking water.
- Tabletop Garden Fountains – If you don’t have a large area to place a fountain, then choose one of these models, which are meant to put onto a table or ledge.
- Waterfall Style Garden Fountains – If you like the idea of a fountain that looks like a little stream bubbling over some rocks, then choose a waterfall style of garden fountains. These are quite beautiful and come in many styles, sizes and shapes.
Putting in Garden Fountains
When you get ready to put in garden fountains, you have to ready the area. How you do this depends on whether you are putting in a store-bought fountain or building one yourself. You can buy already made basins made of rock, concrete, metal or other materials to use for your homemade garden fountains.
Either way, you need to smooth out the area and make sure it is free from debris. You also have to hire a plumber so you can determine how to direct your water supply to the fountain you are getting ready to install. You will have to dig a hole and put in some piping from your main water lines to the location for the garden fountains.
You also have to dig a hole to hold the basin of the fountain securely, as well as provide a trench leading to an electric outlet if your fountain is to be electric. You won’t need it for a solar one. You have to have about two inches of gravel in the hole to allow for drainage of the fountain.
The fountain’s pump needs to be put into place into the center of the basin. Then, you have to arrange your stones to make your waterfall and put them securely into place. Decorate it as you like and then plug in the fountain and enjoy your garden fountains.
Being that more and more landscapes now features water features, there will be a need for a pump. However, instead of simply circulating the water, it would make it much more enjoyable to turn that water features into a fountain, this is where the solar fountain pump will come in handy. The nice thing about having a solar powered fountain pump is that you won’t have to run electricity to the pump and it will cost less in the long run.
Since a solar water fountain pump only needs sunlight to operate, you can easily set it up in a matter of minutes. This is not the case for an electric water fountain pump, these require running a conduit to the fountain in order to get the electricity that the fountain needs. There are many benefits to a solar fountain pump and that is why many people resort to using them as opposed to any other type of pump.
Features Of Solar Fountain Pumps
- No Battery Required – The first features of a solar fountain pump is that you don’t need a battery if you don’t want one. When something is solar powered it means that it will run directly off the solar panel, the batteries only purpose is to hold the excess energy in order to be used at a later time.
- Easy To Maintain – Being that you don’t have to turn on the pump, it won’t take much to maintain it. All you have to do is clean the solar panel and water fountain pump every so often in order to ensure a prolonged life span.
- Economical – Running a fountain off of pure solar power is a great thing to do. It doesn’t only save you money on electric bills in the long-run, you can also buy a solar fountain pump with battery so that you can run it at night as well. The reason you need a battery to run the solar fountain pump at night is because the lack of sunlight will mean the pump won’t have enough power to operate. The purpose of the battery is to hold the excess energy throughout the day in order to power the solar fountain pump throughout the night.
As you can see, there are many features to owning a solar fountain pump and there are many advantages of owning this pump over any other ones on the market.
Advantages Of Solar Fountain Pumps
- Better For The Environment – You probably already know this, however, a solar fountain pump is better for the environment than electrical pumps are.
- Cheaper Long Term – Since you are not running the pump from an electrical outlet, it won’t cost you anything other than the cost of the solar fountain pump and the solar panel. In the long term this will be a much cheaper option for you.
- Self Sufficient – One thing that people like about a solar fountain pump is that once the sun comes out, the pump will turn on. This is great for people that don’t like to add more on their list of things to do during the day. Having something this self sufficient will make your life a lot easier, not to mention it will be very relaxing for you.
If you want something to power your water fountain, then a solar fountain pump is exactly what you need. If you still don’t believe that this is the best thing for you, then head to your local hardware store and see how many people recommend solar fountain pumps over their electrical counterparts.