Do you prefer to have an air conditioner that can easily be transported? Then, you are looking for a portable air conditioner. This is a unique type of air conditioner that can be carried from one location to another with ease. This article will guide you more about this type of air conditioner.
Like most other air conditioners, a portable air conditioneruses electricity, specifically 120 volts power source. In order to function, it uses Freon, which is a feature that makes it different from older version of air conditioners that used coolants. Due to being portable, this air conditioner is best suited for industrial use. However, it is availed in different sizes to suit different needs. For use in a small industrial closed space, a small portable air conditioner can be purchased instead of wasting money on a very large one.
The use of a portable type air conditioner has several advantages such as the following:
- This air conditioner is portable. This means they can be used in more than one location and can easily be transported.
- It is easy to operate.
- Manufacturers provide commendable customer support for their air conditioners. This makes them safer to use and more reliable.
- Portable ones are efficient and convenient as they are designed for long term industrial use. An investment with a ventless portable air conditioner is, therefore, worth it.
- It is available in different sizes. Finding an appropriate air conditionerthat will satisfy your needs is easy due to this variety in sizes.
When searching for appropriate portable air conditioners to purchase, there are several purchasing factors that you need to consider. Below is a buying guide that you can use to get the air conditioner that will best suit your needs.
- Assess your needs. A great way to know exactly what to purchase is by assessing your needs.
- Ask yourself the following questions. Where will that air conditioner be used? How big is the room? Will it be used in a single location or in different locations? Do you need a quiet portable air conditioner or a noisy one will do?
- Read user reviews for different brands such as the Kenmore air conditioner. Learn the pros and cons for different brands and note this down.
- Consider the price you are ready to pay. Do not go for extremely high prices when you do not have that money ready.
A portable air conditioner is always a good idea if you need an efficient air conditioner for various uses. It is highly beneficial and with highly impressive features.
Every house during hot seasons requires an air conditioner. Since installing a central air conditioning system would be expensive and a total waste on small areas, a solution has been brought about by small air conditioner.
A small air conditioner is ideal for small areas in a home as they do not occupy too much space and is not as expensive as central air conditioners. There are many types of air conditioners in the range of small air conditioners like small portable air conditioner, small window air conditioner and small room air conditioner. All these types have been made using latest designs and technology to ensure they serve the purpose of cooling a small room. Most of them are also considered quiet air conditioners since relatively they have smaller motors and condensers.
Things to consider
Making the right choice in purchasing a small air conditioner will save you a lot of stress and money. Understanding air conditioners and how they work is important if you are planning to buy an air conditioner. There are various things to look for in an air conditioner and listed below and below are some of these features.
- British Thermal Unit rating better known as BTU of a small air conditioner is important to identify. Higher BTU means better cooling. However, it is not advisable to go for air conditioners with too much cooling abilities, as it will trouble you with the on and off cycles wearing down your system fast. This will result to a shorter life span for the unit.
- Considering electric consumption will guide you on which type of air conditioner to go for. An air conditioner’s Energy Efficiency Rating will help you calculate how much it will cost you on a monthly or yearly basis to keep it running. A good air conditioner is one with a higher energy efficiency rating which translates to higher energy savings and lower energy costs.
- When shopping for small air conditioners consider their size. Base the size of the air conditioner with the size of the room you’re installing it to.
- As mentioned, a small air conditioner contains a small motor that is compact thus making it efficient and also silent during operation. These small motors enable an air conditioner unit to be small in size but packing enough horsepower to cool your room comfortably.
With these guide, it will be easier for you to make a choice in getting the best air conditioner for your room. Make sure to measure your room in square feet to calculate the amount of power needed for you to choose the appropriate air conditioner. In case you have settled on a specific unit but still feel uneasy about purchasing it, then reading some reviews online may help you finalize your decision.