A nail polish can reveal personality and elegance. All of us have unique nail polish attractions, might be due to the shade, quality or healthy mineral formulations. Regardless of what distinct qualities are essential when choosing popular nail polish brands, utilizing the large number of accessible nail products, determining the brands that actually work best and are affordable are useful tips.
Some of the Most Popular Nail Polish Brands
When you try browsing for nail art designs or nail care products, these are the brands that are usually mentioned in beauty websites, blogs, and online shops. Check out these popular nail polish brands and see if you have one of these in your stash.
- OPI – Founded in 1981, OPI Products, Inc. started as a small dental shop and began venturing into professional nail products when its key people noticed nail technicians buying acrylic porcelain that were actually used in dentures. Now, OPI produces professional nail care products such as nail polishes, nail treatments, and body creams, both for regular and professional use. OPI boasts of nail polishes and finishes in 260 colors and still counting. Their nail polishes come in unique and fun names like “Are We There Yet?”, a glittery silver nail polish called “DS Radiance”, and “Not So Bora-Bora-ing Pink” which are as fun and dazzling as their colors.
- China Glaze – This brand has set another standard in professional nail care and is one of the most popular nail polish brands for regular girls and salon professionals. Their nail polishes or lacquers contain China Clay, a material used to give porcelain a shiny finish and is used as a hardener for your lovely nails. They also take pride in their DBP (dibutyl phthalate), toluene, and formaldehyde-free products. From neon to glittery colors, China Glaze has something set for each girl.
- Orly – With their leading products in nail care and treatments for regular and salon use, Orly has been a household name since its debut in 1975. They created the original French manicure, a manicure style with a natural look that has captured the eyes of many women. They have also been recognized widely by award-giving bodies and magazines as among the top names in nail care and for their trademark Gripper Cap. Their nail treatment products include nail lacquers, top and base coats, strengtheners, quick dry agents, and polish removers among many others. The Flash Glam FX, a collection of glittery polishes and shimmers, is a surefire hit.
- Sally Hansen – This brand is the namesake of the company owner, Sally Hansen. Together with her husband, they created “Hard as Nails”, a nail treatment and strengthening product which made the company rose to great heights. Their innovation has led them to creating nail art effects for consumers such as nail polish strips, crackle overcoats, magnetic nail polishes, nail art pen, and the French manicure white tip pen. Their Hard as Nails trademark has also branched into collections such as Xtreme Wear and Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color.
- Essie – It was in 1981 when Essie first showed its 12 nail polish colors that were said to be unconventional. It has partnered with many companies in launching various nail polish collections and is now a part of L’Oreal USA. Their various colors include sheers, plums, reds, blues and greens, corals, and pinks and roses.
- MAC – This high end makeup brand is also famous for its nail polish collections which made them pricier than other brands. Their nail lacquers are in three long wearing finishes: cream, pearl, and frosted. MAC provides a no chip and no streak formula in their nail polishes for a flawless application. They have ventured into creating bold press-on nails and are famous for their collaboration collections.
These popular nail polish brands go from affordable to mid-range to some a bit high-end on the pricing scale. All of these brands create nail polishes that have a luxuriously sparkly finish, and they are also long-lasting that is perfect for those with busy hands.
A majority of women spend a lot of time, effort and money polishing their nails since this is one of the best ways to make them look even more fabulous. Hence, it simply shows the importance of being able to understand the necessity of taking care of your nail polish. Regardless if you have decided on putting a silver nail polish or a red one, you have to put effort into ensuring that your manicure and pedicure will be taken care of as much as possible.
Nails always look best when they are freshly polished and shiny at the same time. As soon as your polish starts to get chipped off or whenever you have noticed that it starts to flake and crack, it does not give you that fabulous and glamorous look that you have been looking for at the start. To avoid getting those nail chips and cracks, here are some aspects that you have to consider as important steps in taking care of your nail polish.
1. Choosing the Right Nail Polish
Taking care of your nail polish involves finding the right polish brand. You can find cheaper brands out there, but the question is: are they worth the money? Remember, some cheaper brands may not be as good as the more expensive ones. Before you consider buying that silver nail polish, read reviews, find customer testimonials and ask the experts about it. There will be times that you may experience seeing some nail kits. These are perfectly fine as long as you are confident about the brand. If the nail polish brand seems new, do not hesitate to ask other friends about that brand and see if they have bad or good experiences.
2. Proper Application
Many people are not aware that proper application is important in terms of taking care of your nail polish. If you have noticed bubbles appearing during the entire application process, do not expect your polish to last longer. To avoid these bubbles and to make sure that the polish will last long, apply at least two coatings and a top coat for the final touch. Colorless nail polish gives that extra coat, which can definitely help in terms of maintaining a good and shiny polish effect. If there are particular mistakes, you can make use of a nail polish remover and use a small cotton swab to correct these mistakes. This prevents you from removing and re-applying the polish all over again.
3. Touching Up
Applying an extra coat on the chipped area is the most ideal way to have it covered. However, for best results, you have to retouch and apply a new nail polish after a week. If you are not using a tough wearing polish, remember to remove your old nail polish every week and apply a new one. You can also apply a top coat or a nail hardener every two days to protect your nails. This is the easiest way that one has to know in terms of taking care of your nail polish. Nails are continuously growing, and do not expect that your polish will stay intact for more than one week. For maintenance purposes, use a polish remover, condition the cuticles and apply new coatings for a fresh start.
Taking care of your nail polish may seem a bit tedious but the steps are actually easy. You need only take a few minutes off every two days to check on them and see if they are as fabulous as new.
Nail polish is one quick and easy way to add some pizzazz to your wardrobe and make you stand out from the crowd. One potential downfall is having to consistently change your nail polish to match your wardrobe. However, choosing a silver nail polish is a great way to have fabulous looking nails, while not being required to change your nail color all the time, as silver nail polish will match almost every outfit choice, and is good for either casual or formal affairs.
Types Of Silver Nail Polish
There are a variety of silver nail polish, including: metallic silver nail polish, silver glitter nail polish, and shiny silver nail polish; as well as a number of silver nail polish brands to choose from. Popular silver nail polish brands include: OPI, China Glaze, Revlon, Wet & Wild, Avon, Cover Girl, Maybelline, Essie, Rimmel, Lynnderella, and more. There are also many stores that carry their own brands of nail polish, such as CVS Brand nail polish or Walgreen’s nail polish.
This brand is one of the more popular and better-rated brands of nail polish, and has a number of silver nail polish varieties available. OPI has four silver glitter nail polish options available, all with fabulous names: Save Me, Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous, DS Radiance and Pirouette My Whistle, are all OPI glittery shades of silver that will really let your nails shine. OPI also has metallic silver nail polishes in their Birthday Babe and Give Me The Moon colors.
- China Glaze Nail Lacquers
China Glaze Nail Lacquers are another very popular nail polish option. China Glaze silver nail polishes tend to be a favorite because their colors are so unique and different and the polish tends to last a lot longer than other nail polish brands. China Glaze Nail Lacquers also rival OPI nail polishes in their polish name choices. China Glaze has shiny silver nail polish colors that cover the spectrum, from very light silver, Platinum Pearl, to a medium silver, Platinum Silver, to a dark, almost black, silvery color, Black Diamond. China Glaze silver glitter nail polishes are available in: Tinsel Town, Jitterbug, Silver Lining, Icicle, Nova, Polar Ice, Medallion, and Lorelei’s Tiara. China Glaze also offers metallic silver nail polishes in Cords, Devotion, Recycle, Catwalk, and Pelican Gray.
Rimmel offers a cost effective option, their Lasting Finish Pro Nail Lacquer in two shades of silver nail polish, Steel Grey and Pure Silver, which are available at many retailers for less than two dollars. Rimmel also offers a silver version of the Crack Your Colour nail polish, which can be used over any other shade to provide a crackle effect on your nails.
The only downsides of OPI nail polishes and China Glaze Nail Lacquers is that they tend to be more expensive than some of the other varieties of silver nail polish out there. So while these choices might be great if you only paint your nails every 2 weeks or so, these may not be the best options for gals who like to change their nail polish every night.
No matter which version of silver nail polish you choose, wearing silver nail polish is a sure fire way to add polish (no pun intended) and pizzazz to your appearance.