Anyone who needs some types of power tools but is not very experienced with them will naturally go after the manufacturers known to be the best power tool brands in the market. Here, you will get a clear idea about these best brands and the tools that made them stand out of the ordinary.
What are power tools?
Before moving on to the brief descriptions of the best power tool brands, you should know what power tools are in the first place. These tools run on electricity, gasoline or even compressed air and they are used in construction, maintenance, painting, polishing and for many other different purposes. Just so that you know, chainsaw and leaf blowers are also included in power tools. Here you will also get some general ideas about the popular Poulan chainsaw.
What are the best brands in the market?
Take a closer look at the best power tool brands in the market below.
First on the list is the Japanese power tools maker Makita. Makita started its business in 1915 and has been in the market ever since as the original brand. Therefore, they have about 90 years worth production experience. The best thing about Makita’s power tools is they are made with the latest technologies and they are always pursuing dynamic ideas to improve them. Truthfully, all of their tools are world class, but their drills are the most unbeatable. Below are the features of their drills.
Features of Makita Drills:
- Comes both in cordless and direct line style
- Super fast rotation speed to keep splinter production to minimum
- Secured with impact mechanism
- Capable of doing light and heavy duty, straight and angle drilling
Raymond E. DeWalt started the original DeWalt Company in 1936. For those who do not know, he was the inventor the famous radial arm saw. Until the miter saw was introduced in 1970, radial arm saw was used to cut long pieces of logs. The latest news is that Porter-Cable was merged with DeWalt in 2004. DeWalt is mainly famous for its woodwork and construction power tools. Their specialty is on saws and drills.
Features of DeWalt Saws and Drills:
- About 200 choices available
- Each tool is individually job site tested to ensure maximum toughness and endurance
- These tools are produced with the professional contractors as the center focus
- The performance of DeWalt saws are unmatched by any and they offer every kind of saws needed for all types metal and wood cutting.
Black & Decker holds the third position on the best power tool brands list. Founded in 1910, Black & Decker is popular for its power tools appropriate for both home and commercial use. Black & Decker and Stanley Works merged in 2010 and became Stanley Black & Decker. Black & Decker is very popular for their trimmers and specialty drills more specifically the lithium drill/driver.
Features of Black & Decker Trimmers and Drills:
- The lithium ion battery can hold charge for maximum 18 months
- Extra level of control means no stripping or overdriving screws
- LED light to facilitate jobs in dark places
- Lightweight and compact design
Next is the worldwide famous brand Hitachi. This brand has been the name of reliability since its introduction in 1910. Their high-level power tools work great regardless if they are for home, construction or industry purposes. Truthfully, no single item makes the brand one of the best. However, if someone must pick one, their woodworking tools could come forward. Their woodworking power tools include planers, belt sanders, orbital sanders, routers, industrial shop vacuum, saws and universal workstation.
- Other best power tool brands include Bosch, Skil, Dremel, Panasonic, Porter-Cable and Milwaukee.
Those who are familiar with power tools are bound to be familiar with Poulan chainsaw. The founder of the company is Claude Poulan and he established the Poulan Saw Co. in 1912. Now, it is a part of Husqvarna AB, the Swedish manufacturer. So now, it shares technology with Husqvarna. A Poulan chainsaw was even featured in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 1974. Gold and black in the Poulan Pro brand have substituted Poulan’s traditional green color in recent years. A Poulan chainsaw can be quite expensive based on the model but it is still the trademark of reliability.
Cutting tools are devices, which are held by hand when cutting through different materials. There is no industry, big or small, that does not use one cutting tool or the other. Only difference is the kind of work the types of cutting tools do. Currently, there are hundreds of cutting materials out there, some used on our day-to-day activities while others not so much.
For different types of cutting tools to be useful in their function, they must be harder than the tool being cut and the tool or material being cut, must also have the ability to take the heat brought about by the friction caused in the cutting process. The tool/material being cut must also have a certain design of geometrical clearance angles so that the surface on which the material is placed on will not be subjected to the cut, when the tool is getting cut. That is not all other things that should also be optimized for the cutting tool to function properly are the flute number and width plus the size of the margin and the cutting face angle. Below are some of the most common cutting tools and their functions:
Some of the Types of Cutting Tools
- Tool Bits: Also known as single-point, this is the kind of tool used in planers, metal lathes and shapers. They are made with cutting edges suitable to cut specific machinery, and they can also be sharpened and reshaped as one would like to have it. Initially, the tool bits were made of steel of high carbon. But as time went by, the steel was replaced by ceramics and carbides, which are brittle and more expensive as compared to steel.
- Broaches: They are tools that have teeth, which are used in the removal of a material. They have a similar shape to that of a saw only difference is the teeth increase in height over the tools length. Also, it has got three sections, which are different from each other: semi-finishing section, roughing section and finishing section. Broaches can be categorized into different types all depending on their use, purpose, motion, construction or function. For instance, surface or internal use, combined or single purpose, stationary/push or pull motion, hollow/solid/shell or built up construction or even sizing, burnishing or roughing function.
- Drill Bits: They are the cutting tools, which are used when one would like to have a cylindrical hole. The bits are used along with the drill to be able to function well and, unlike some tools, the drill bits have standard sizes. They have been coated with several materials for them to last long and be able to function properly. The materials are: Black oxide for lubricity and also resistance to heat, Titanium nitride which adds to the drill bit’s cutting life twice or thrice, Titanium Aluminum nitride which is also used in the extension of the tool’s life, Diamond powder which functions as abrasive, Zirconium nitride and also Titanium carbon nitride.
- Countersink: It is a tool used when one would like to cut a manufactured object so that it would have a hole, which is conical. It has also got the use of removing burrs which are left when a tapping or drilling operation is complete thus creating a smooth finish.
There are so many types of cutting tools out there like the reamers, counterbores, Poulan chainsaw, cold saws, fly clutters, hacksaws, milling cutters as well as taps and dies. All you have to know is which types of cutting tools are used and where, and you will be good to go.
The best chainsaw is helpful when it comes to cutting things such as trees. It has many uses such as cutting dead trees, cutting lumbers, or cutting firewood for your fireplace. But for inexperienced people, buying a chainsaw can be tough. There are features that you have to look for in order to secure that the chainsaw is safe to use. The Best chainsaw for the money must have the prime features in order to avoid injuries and secures your safety.
Important Features of a Chainsaw
According to some research, there are about 36,000 users who got injured using chainsaws. For you to avoid being listed on that population here are some features of best chainsaw that you must look for:
- Has vibration dampening. The constant vibration can tire you because of the weight of the object. Look for a chainsaw that has vibration dampening to lessen being tired while doing the job. Many of the best chainsaw brand models already have this feature. This makes the work easier for the period of time you are using it.
- Has an automatic bar oiler. The chainsaw works always with a constant friction of metal to metal. This is between the bar and the chain. Due to this, the bar must be lubricated with oil so the chain will run smoothly. Best chainsaw must have automatic bar oiler. This will automatically put oil on the bar when needed. Without this feature, you will constantly stop your work and apply oil to the bar. This can slow down your work.
- Has chain break. This is one of the safety features that should be available in all best electric chainsaw models. The model must feature the inertia that activates the chain break. This will reduce the chance of getting injured by the kick back of the blade. When there is inertia it activated the chain break and senses the kick back. It will automatically stop the chainsaw from working.
Recommended Chainsaw Brands
You should look these features if you are planning to buy chainsaw. To make things easier, here are some recommended brands where you can find the features enumerated above:
- Stihl. This manufacturer is one of the trusted names when it comes to producing chainsaws. They have legendary best chainsaw products from blowers, trimmer and many more.
- Husquavarna. The manufacturer has premium range of chainsaw models that are designed for maximum work.
- Poulan. You can choose any Poulan chainsaw you need and as well as chainsaw parts. You are ensured of the great quality products they sell.
- Craftsman. This manufacturer has great rates from users that offer wide range of electric and gas chainsaw.
Always look for the basic features that are needed in a chainsaw for maximum productivity and ensure security for every user. Everything should be worth the money up to the last bolt.
Chainsaw sharpener is used to sharpen the blades or teeth of a chainsaw. A sharpened chainsaw makes the work easier and faster. When the blades are sharpened well, it reduces the chance for sprocket and bar to get damaged. If you can see your saw producing small sawdust rather than the large chunk of woods, it means that your chainsaw now needs sharpening.
Steps in Using Chainsaw Sharpener
If you are having difficulty using the chainsaw chain sharpener, here in this article you will be enlightened. These simple steps on how to use chainsaw sharpener is your guide:
- First step: Cleaning the chain. You can use a small toothbrush and some cleaner that you can apply on the chain. When you are cleaning it, make sure that the material you use will go between the teeth of the blade and under the chain where the bar is attached.
- Second step: Arrange in a line the file of chainsaw. You can place the sharpener of the chainsaw at any part when you are cleaning the teeth of the blade. Choose tooth where you can place the electric chainsaw sharpener file of the chainsaw. It is either on the notch, groove or the front.
- Third step: Lift the file on an appropriate angle. Before you can start sharpening the tooth, make sure that you are holding the file on the right angle side. You can either tilt the file in twenty five to thirty degrees. But you can always read the manual for some instructions regarding how to make sure that you are filing on the right angle.
- Fourth step: Start filing the tooth of the chainsaw. Once you are sure that you are on the right angle, begin the process of sharpening the tooth. Move the chainsaw sharpener back and forth, clockwise and counterclockwise or up and down. Do the process three to four times.
- Last step: Repeat the process from the start for the other teeth of the blade. After all the teeth are now well-sharpened, you apply oil to the blade.
According to some chainsaw sharpener reviews, if you want to save yourself from the hassle in sharpening chainsaw use the rotary tool method than using file. This is because filing is more expensive and a slow process. Chainsaw sharpener also vary in brands. The Poulan chainsaw is top rated not only for sharpening tools but as well as chainsaw parts. The manufacturer is trusted and known for its product to be safe and durable.
The Poulan chainsaw is a reliable tool that can help you do all the work that you need to accomplish. The Poulan pro chainsaw has a quick and awesome performance. You can practically put anything in front of the saw and be back to relaxing quickly. Many professionals prefer this brand of chainsaw to the others when it comes to trimming trees and cutting fallen branches because it is well worth its price.
Selecting a chainsaw is not the same as choosing any other tools from the store. It requires precision and long consideration in order to finalize the purchasing decision.
Features of a Poulan Chainsaw
- The chainsaw could be costly, depending on the model that you select. However, this is precisely the reason why you should choose a Poulan chainsaw.
- It can do a lot of work quicker and more efficiently thereby giving you more value for its price.
- It is incorporated with an anti-vibration feature and inertia activated strong chain break that takes away accidental chain stops, when you are in the middle of cutting wood.
- Another reason that makes buying a Poulan chainsaw such a great decision is its auto oiling system that keeps the chain oiled the entire time that you are working, even without pushing a button. This alone ensures that the chainsaw is very convenient. You can refer to the Poulan chainsaw manual for more features incorporated in your chosen model.
The Poulan chain saw operates on a two-cycle engine. Compared to engines that are larger, it only requires three basic operation essentials, which include the ignition, compression and fuel. Lubricating the engine is done by way of fuel mix not through an oil pump. The engine driveshaft is powered by a drive sprocket that is lubricated by bar oil, and a clutch. These systems along with the Poulan pro chainsaw parts should be serviced regularly to ensure maximum performance.
Poulan Chainsaw Maintenance Tips
- If woodchips are inside the fuel tank or it is dirty, drain it and clean it with a brush.
- Replace your fuel line every season or if fuel was left in the engine. A carburetor cleaner should be used when cleaning the carburetor. Open the cover for the air filter and take the filter out. Open the chainsaw choke and start the engine before spraying the hole with carburetor cleaner for one second.
- To check if the spark plug is still good, lift the rubber boot that is connected at one of its end. Using a socket wrench, unscrew the spark plug and set it into the rubber boot. Hole it near a metal point in the engine block and pull the starter rope. A blue spark should jump across both points. If there is no spark, it is time to replace your Poulan chainsaw sparkplug.
- If you are having compression problems, check the pulley, recoil spring and starter rope. Ensure that the flywheel is engaged properly. The starter rope should have the right amount of tension and should retract automatically.
Now that you know the features of the Poulan chainsaw, it is up to you to decide whether this is the best deal for your needs. If you think that the benefits and featues of this equipment surely outweighs the cost, then hurry now and grab one!