Triathlon is becoming very popular today; hence, many triathlon training programs are coming into existence. These triathlon training programs are participated by triathletes to enhance their skills, increase their stamina and make them stronger to endure the whole race. However, one must remember that this kind of programs will depend on the character of the person who will undergo this particular training. It will be affected be several factors such as:
- the experience of the trainee
- the athlete’s body physique and level of performance.
Hence when joining a triathlon training program, these factors should be kept in mind.
Just like other sports training program, a triathlon training program has benefits and the need to have some structure with limitations on what to do such as:
- It must help the athlete identify his or her weak and strong points. So, it is best that you train on the weak points and maximize your strong points.
- During training, you don’t have to give all your best at the first blow. It must always be gradual and one should expect a gradual change as well. Exerting too much effort on training can weigh your body down, so do it gradually.
The Course of the Program
Before an individual joins a triathlon training program, there are some necessary steps to take first. A visit to the doctor is advisable to check if the individual is fit to undergo a training program. One needs to be fit because training is rigorous. Triathlon is intense. One should be able to keep up with the whole training in order to attain success and to be able to join a triathlon.
The program will start with a comprehensive plan that will concentrate on the athlete’s weakness and strength. He or she should be in proper attire during the training program. For example, when the training involves water, a wetsuit is needed for proper functioning. Orca wetsuits will be on the top list if you are looking for one since they ensure that you get the best comfort and convenience while on training or even during the race. This brand also provides flexibility and it can boost the speed of the athlete, equilibrium and buoyancy. In general, the training attire should not be too tight and too loose. Always be careful when it comes to the size you pick, as this is very crucial.
This training program is not all about training but it also integrates plans right after the triathlon competition. It will usually involve the recovery period and this must be planned systematically because most competitors get muscle injuries after the race. Make sure to check feedbacks from different triathlon training programs before committing to one. And when you commit, be sure that it would be whole heartedly since it will not be easy. Train hard and be physically fit to win a medal in your triathlon events.
Scuba diving is a popular activity and there are lots of scuba gears that you have to either own or rent for this activity. Diving gears retailers who focus on scuba gears have appeared in almost every large city, regardless of their closeness to big waters. Alternatively, the popularity of the wetsuits has improved over the years hence many of the talented and experienced athletes have chosen it. For instance, the discount orca wetsuits enable the athletes to perform up to the top levels and feeling very fit and flexible after they put on the suits.
Basic Scuba Diving Gears
There are different brands, and the scuba gears one should select depend on the type of diving activity you intend to perform, the level of competence and your ability. Below is a list of basic scuba diving gears:
- Exposure Suits: these are the easiest scuba gears to start mentioning about, and they have a large variety. Some individuals just dive in swim wear, possibly with a t-shirt, while others swim using thermal undergarments or dry suits. These suits safeguard you from cold water and abrasions, unless the water is warm, then one is protected from scratches.
- Wet suits: There are a variety of wet suits obtainable such as orca wetsuits, depending on the water temperature. The thicker the fabric the warmer it gets to the wearer. They are used to limit the water flow over your skin. The water sometimes goes in through cuffs, but a well-fitting wet suit will prevent water entering your body.
- Dry suits: these are completely sealed so that the water remains outside of the suit, apart from your head. As the water becomes cold, you can increase more layers underneath the suit, in the end going to thermal layers and professional diving underclothing. Also, they are very useful in muddy water, as it is held away from you further.
- Fins: Fins are scuba gears that help making your kicking motion more effective. They help you change your kicking movement into a forward motion to help powering your movement through the water. If you jump into the water without putting the fins on, you will hardly move.
- Buoyancy Control: These are mainly classified into BCDs, stab jackets, wings and a brand of other names. They allow people to control their buoyancy, changing the setup as the deepness differs.
When considering about shopping, especially on Orca wetsuits and also getting good deals of discount, one should be a good researcher. Understanding when the stocks will go for sale is one of the factors that you could do to obtain discounted Orca wetsuits. For instance, you could browse through the internet to find the facts about upcoming sale events. Furthermore, you may also ask different people who have the similar interest where you could buy various cheap wetsuits. On the other hand, Scuba gears are quite expensive, durable and reliable. Before you commit to buying your own scuba gear, aim to rent it first for use in as many dives as possible to make sure that you get precisely what you desire.
A wet suit is extremely important for a diver in order to be safe while he is in water. Immersion in water can also lead to severe injuries at times. Diving and swimming are aggressive and in order to be safe, the gear has to be reliable. Wet suits were designed to cater to all these needs of divers so that they enjoy the sport and stay away from injuries at the same time. Wet suits can be of various types depending on the purpose. Different wet suits have different thicknesses and depending on the water you are going to be swimming in, the thickness will vary. Warm water diving usually requires thin wet suits and cold water diving requires very thick suits.
Types Of Wet Suits
Here are the different types of wet suits and the uses of each:
This is the main concept behind today’s wet suits. These wetsuits are made from neoprene and act like second skin to the swimmer. This suit does not absorb water at all because the neoprene foam bubbles are never connected to each other.
These suits are ideally worn by marine engineers who work in the deeper areas of water. The temperature in deep waters is usually very low. When engineers dive deep into the highly polluted environments of the waters too, this kind of wet suit comes handy because the level of protection it provides is very high.
You should always buy properly fitting semi-dry wetsuits because loose fitting ones can allow water to seep through. They are not as efficient as the dry ones. However, there are protective gaskets which come very handy. Adequately fitting suits provide excellent insulation.
These include Scuba wet suits, triathlon wet suits and also wet suits that are worn by hunters. These wet suits are ideal because they prevent hypothermia. In addition, they provide protection so that the divers and athletes don’t face any injuries during their competitions and events. These wet suits are usually preferred over dry suits because even if they are damaged they don’t lose their insulation properties.
More benefits offered by wet suits include protection from the sun’s harmful UV radiations and hard water falls, injuries in the water, among others. They also provide comfort when the right fit and quality is worn. Orca wetsuits are an example of great quality wetsuits. You can find various types of wetsuits based on age such as kids wet suits and wet suits for women.
A triathlon consists of three contests i.e. cycling, swimming and running. This triathlon is an event that tests your endurance and thus, all these three contests are held one after the other. The fastest to find all the contests wins. In between each contest is the transition time during which the gear has to be changed catering to the next contest. In order to win the contest, strength, training and a proper diet are very important. But the triathlon gear also plays a very important role in your performance throughout the event. Training involves handling each event in quick succession of the other and handling the transition time well.
While training thus, the triathlon gear should be worn such that it resembles the gear you wear during the main event. This is to make you get accustomed to the type of gear and the changing time. Getting the right feel of the gear beforehand is very important because it determines your performance during the contest. If you are uncomfortable with what you are wearing, you will not be able to perform well no matter how healthy and prepared you are.
Here is a detailed account of what the triathlon gear women consists of:
- Triathlon gear for swimming: As long as you are comfortable with your suit, you can wear it. You don’t need to think too much about the swim suit. Even a simple, basic suit will do it for you. Orca wetsuits are very popular because of the comfort level they offer. Along with the wet suit, you also need good quality goggles and a waterproof watch. The watch is especially important during your training session. Seeing the time and how fast you are going will give you an idea of your performance and you can try beating your own time to perform better.
- Triathlon gear for cycling: While training you need to make sure you have a good bike. If you are a beginner, the bike should be very comfortable. You can choose road bikes, mountain bikes or ten speeds based on your preference. Cage pedals are the least requirement in your bike. Cages can actually very essential for safety and better performance. Helmet is a must. You will not be allowed to even participate if you don’t have a bike helmet. Padded shorts are ideal because you will be able to wear them while swimming and during the transition time you will be able to change faster.
- Triathlon gear for running: Shoes are a must. You have to be very careful about the quality of the shoes because they will directly affect your performance. Buy shoes that fit you well. The foot arch, your weight, your height, etc are all important in determining the right running shoes for you. Taking help of a professional is ideal. Shorts that you were already wearing can be worn even for running if you find them comfortable. Or else, you could wear running shorts.
The entire triathlon gear can be expensive and thus choosing the best based on triathlon gear reviews is a must. You can also find discount triathlon gear over the internet if your budget is an issue. However, make sure that you only buy the best brands for complete comfort and thus, better performance.