The South Sea pearls are found in the mollusk called Pinctada maxima oyster. They are also cultured and found in countries such as the Philippines, mainly in Australia, Indonesia and Myanmar, just all throughout the Indian and the Pacific Ocean countries. They are known to be one of the largest collected cultured pearls around the world. Most harvested size is about nine to twenty millimeters.
The fine, dazzling and unique beauty made these South Sea pearls so popular among others. They are also available in different shapes and sizes. They are perfect when you want to look sophisticated. Due to this, they are one of the most sought for jewelries by women.
Why Are South Sea Pearls Unique?
They are unique in many ways because of the numerous characteristics that distinguish them from other rare pearls. When talking about Nacre, these pearls range from two to six millimeters compared to the Akoya pearl which is only about 0.35 to 0.7 mm. These pearls have more satin luster with wide range of colors such as silver, white, golden and many more where other pearls do not have.
Considerations When Buying South Sea Pearls
- The more the perfect the shape of the pearls, the more they become expensive. They come in various sizes and when you bought much bigger ones, expect them to cost a lot.
- Luster is one of the biggest factors when buying these types of pearl. The clarity of pearl when reflected on the light will determine its cost. When it is dull, people will consider them not a good material for jewelries and the price will degrade.
- When you want to have the finest pearl, look for something that is virtually flawless in the surface. Make sure that it has no scratches, bumps or any variation from the color.
- When it comes to color, there are many types of colors that South Sea pearls have such as the creamy pinkish white, black, gray and silver. If you are choosing for the light color, just make sure it will be flattering to the tone of your skin. The creamy pinkish white will be flattering to the complexions while the others are good for darker ones.
You are now ready to look for your own pearl jewelry and this type can be your ideal choice. If you are looking for earrings, the Mikimoto pearl earrings are one of the best. They are made from the finest pearl such as the South Sea pearls where you are guaranteed to be dazzling and unique.
We can find cultured pearls in mollusks or oyster the same where we find natural pearls. As of today, the majority of the jewelries in the market are made of cultured pearls. That is why you can find cultured pearl jewelry in any store you enter. For that, natural pearls became rare that you could barely find them in the market. The main reason why people have been using cultured pearl is because of the price that is cheaper than the natural ones and the availability of the pearl.
We must value our cultured pearl jewelry to prolong its life. Though it is cheaper than the natural pearl, but the price of the cultured pearl can also be overwhelming. When it comes to buying, there are also certain factors that determine the quality of the pearl.
Factors to Consider When Buying Pearl Jewelries
- The Luster of the Pearl. The shine will determine the value of quality of any jewelry made of cultured pearls. It is determined by how smooth and even the layers of the pearls. If the pearl has deep glow and and is shiny, it is considered as the most desirable choice than with those chalky or dull in look.
- The Size of the Pearl. When you can see that the cultured pearl jewelry has large size, the value will also be higher. The size of the pearl is measured through millimeters. Most sizes are about 6 to 7 millimeters. The larger the size than what is mentioned, the price will grow rapidly higher.
- The Color of the Pearl. Color will not be the biggest factor when it comes to choosing the jewelry made of pearls but people have tastes of their own. When you choose pearls, the rule would be what you think of their skin tone. Mostly, people will look for the white ones. But eventually there are pink, gold and black pearls sold.
- The Shape of the Pearl. The rarest cultured pearl jewelry and the most looked for are the ones with a perfect round shape. But the imperfect sizes are also valued because they are unique and can even be fashionable enough to wear. You can find this type such as the Baroque pearl.
When it comes to taking care of pearls, they are very easy. You can just wipe them with a soft lint free cloth before putting away. If you are looking for the finest cultured pearl made into earrings, the Mikimoto pearl earrings is one of the best jewelries you can collect.
There has been much hype about pearl earrings with the fashion industry these days. They are considered as a classic style and an elegant way to accessorize any outfit yet they are also considered as simple adornments. People who want to have a simple look always prefer the pearl stones earrings than any other sort of jewelry.
Many people think that the simplicity of the pearl earring is sometimes not desired in many sorts of occasions. Hence, the creation of the black pearl earrings emerged. This type of earrings can make women look bold and would surely get the attention of everybody.
Black pearl earrings are very much rare and hence the cost of this is naturally expensive. But there is no need to worry, as there are many of these earrings that are artificially produced, which cost cheap and well within the budgets. You can buy this pair of earrings according to your choice. You can also look forward to buy these earrings that are beautifully made with different sort of unique designs and framed on other metals like gold or platinum.
Benefits of Black Pearl Earrings
- The black pearl earring can be used to achieve bold as well as a classy look. These black earrings can are very much unique and they are also very much rare to be found.
- The price of this type of earrings is determined by factors like size, design and the metal used to frame the earrings.
- There are sets which are made up of small black pearls. They are less costly than other sets that have bigger pieces of the pearl stone. The black pearl stone earring can be used with any sort of dress and they also match every occasion.
These black pearl earrings are the dream jewelry for every. These earrings are capable of tuning a simple dress to a classy ensemble. Any person can look gorgeous and extraordinary just by wearing them. You should always be careful with the cost and always ensure that the earrings you are buying is genuine. There are many different types of the black pearl earrings like the Tahitian black pearl earrings, black pearl stud earrings and black freshwater pearl earrings. Most women these days dream of having an exclusive pair of black Mikimoto pearl earrings. So, hurry up and add a beautiful pair of black pearl earrings in your personal collection of unique and beautiful jewelries.
There are different quality products when it comes to the pearl drop earrings. The best pearl stones are those that have a triple A rating on them. The ones that have double A and single A ratings are also good but the ones of lower ratings like B or C are not worth buying and are simply a waste of money.
The pearl drop earrings fall in the dream jewelry set of most women. They are excellent items to be gifted to any women. Yes, they cost some amount of money but seeing the beauty and the magnificence of this type of pearl earrings, they are definitely worth a buy. But while buying the jewelry, one should make sure that there are all the required documents that have to be provided by the jewelry shop to prove the authenticity of the item.
- Pearls are actually precious stones that have been discovered by the Chinese around 4000 years ago. They are very elegant and classy. They are used in earrings known as the pearl drop earrings and they are one of a kind jewelry to many women. These are one of the favorite gifts of the ladies and they can be gifted in any of the occasions.
- There are different designs and also styles of this pearl earring. A few styles of the pearl stone are shimmering such as the Tahitian style and the freshwater pearls stone. Also there is another style of pearl called the Akola pearl.
- The pearl tones generally come in iridescent colors and the range of color is good ranging from the white to black and yellow. The Akola pearl stones are generally white in color. The freshwater pearl and also the pearl stones that are obtained from the seas of the south are white in color. The main difference depends to the size of the pearl stone.
Advantages of Pearl Drop Earrings
- The great advantage is that they can be worn with any sort of dress.
- They can be worn for any occasion, such as a casual date or a formal dinner party.
- They can complement any other accessories.
One of the most adored brands for pearl jewelries is Mikimoto. This brand has a wide array of lovely Mikimoto pearl earrings, vintage pearl drop earrings and even pearl and diamond drop earrings. There have also been a variety of pearl jewelry collections by Mikimoto and these include the pearl drop earrings Wedding Day collection.
The prices of the pearl drop earrings vary according to the size of the pearl stone and also other designs and the metals used in making such earrings. One can get small pearl stones earrings at moderate prices. The price to pay is dependent to the size and type of pearl chosen. Be sure to consult a jeweler so that you will be guided with your choices.
Mikimoto pearl earrings are among the best and finest jewelry items that a classy lady can have. The brand is well known for providing only top quality cultured pearls that are graded AAA. All pearl-based earrings are beautifully and uniquely designed. These jewelry pieces are carefully crafted to last a lifetime, and they can be good asset investments. When shopping for Mikimoto earrings, it can be observed that each piece features a mixture of almost all precious materials including gold, diamond and silver amongst others. Some examples like the Mikimoto pearl and diamond earrings are the most admired among its product line.
Background of Mikimoto Brand
Most individuals are familiar with the word Mikimoto but some don’t have an idea as to what it is. Here is a brief history of how the brand became famous.
- Mikimoto is a Japanese jewelry maker and merchant specializing in the production of numerous jewelry items and charms ranging from Mikimoto pearl earrings, rings, bracelets, necklaces, pendants and other precious items that contain pearl or made of cultured pearls.
- The company is founded by the same person who has successfully developed the art and science of culturing pearls, Kokichi Mikimoto. His first successfully cultured pearl was in 1893 and a few years later, he has begun selling pearl-based items in 1899 by opening his first jewelry store in Tokyo.
- Though years of research and experience, Mikimoto has perfected the art of producing only the best cultured pearls which shall be used in crafting jewelry items. With said expertise and experience, the company consistently managed to screen and select only the most precious pearls that will proceed to item production.
How Mikimoto Pearl Earrings are Valued
All the best stuff or items often come with a shocking price tag. It is quite true for Mikimoto earrings since the finest, most elegant, and earrings containing pure diamond, gold, and blue diamond are tagged from $40,000 to as high as $80,000. The mid ranged gold, diamond, silver and Mikimoto black pearl earrings are priced from $2,000 to $9,000. Luckily, this brand is offering the less expensive Mikimoto pearl stud earrings that are sold below $1,000, the most affordable type that can be bought by ladies who dream of owning a Mikimoto piece. However expensive these jewelries are, be assured that you still get the best value of your money. Each piece is guaranteed to be exquisite.
Perhaps, an individual might ask why these pearl earrings are valued at a very high price when in fact, common pearls found on other jewelry shops are priced at an extremely lower price. The following points on how Mikimoto pearl earrings are valued can explain the reason why.
Basis for Mikimoto Prices
- Relative to the best graded pearls are their ability to give the best shine, luster or finest finish. The pearl’s luster or shininess is further classified as dull, fine, or exceptional. All Mikimoto pearls are classified as exceptional.
- Pearls graded with AAA are the highest quality and in case you would try to account the number of grade AAA pearls harvested, only 5% according to experts and traders fall to this category.
- All Mikimoto earrings are combined with the most precious stones or minerals we have on earth such as pure diamond, gold, silver, opal and many more. Basically, these minerals as we all know are expensive.
- Each piece or pair is designed uniquely and elegantly.
By delivering beauty, class, quality, and value, the brand has gained a brilliant reputation and has grown big internationally. Hence, when it comes to pearl earrings and other jewelry items, Mikimoto is now a favorite choice.