Nothing beats the feeling of walking into a cool and comfortable room after a very busy day at work. But since air conditioners,too, can malfunction at some point, there is a tendency that the coolness and comfort you are longing to experience at the end of the day will not be possible. But with proper attention and guide for air conditioner maintenance on hand, problems with air conditioners can be easily prevented. To know the right ways of doing so, simply read on the list below.
- Check the unit’s filters periodically. If you are residing in the area that is prone to pollutants and dust, cleaning or replacing your filters should be done every 3to 6 months. But if you want to play it safe and you want to be sure, replacing filters every 30 days is the best way to go.
- Make sure that plants are grown 3 feet away from the unit’s condenser coils. To keep the air conditioner even more secure from weeds and grass, cover it with a plastic sheet that is entirely covered with gravel.
- A good guide for air conditioner maintenance will tell you to hose out every foreign object that has accumulated inside your outdoor unit. Usually, you will easily see clogging stuff like pollens and debris in the unit’s cooling fins.
- Keep the outdoor unit under a good amount of shade. By doing this, you will prolong the life of the unit’s motor that should have overworked in keeping the coils cool.
- During winter, it is important that you protect the condensing unit by covering it with plastic sheet. But before doing so, be sure to turn the breaker switch off.
- Regularly check the indoor unit’s condensed water pipe as well. Make sure that no blockage is present in the location.
- To keep mildew and molds away from your indoor unit, apply a mild disinfectant into it once every month.
- Even if air cooling is not necessary, don’t forget to turn the unit on for a few minutes monthly so that refrigerants will circulate and seals will stay lubricated.
Furthermore, always go for top quality manufacturers like Kenmore air conditioner to make sure that the unit will serve you for the longest time possible.There you have the basic but helpful guide for air conditioner maintenance. Make sure to perform these steps on the right schedules mentioned above so that your appliance will keep you feeling comfy and cool, especially now that temperatures are increasingly rising.
While there are known ways to keep your home cool without switching your air conditioner on, there will still come a time when the use of a good unit like Kenmore air conditioner is a must; especially when the temperature reaches 40 degree Celsius. If higher electricity bill is your concern, you don’t have to fret anymore because you can still stay cool while minimizing the energy that the unit consumes. To do so, you simply need to follow these top air conditioner energy saving tips.
- Keep it warm at night.Since the temperature drops during night time, you don’t need the same level of cooling as you would during the day. Do this by switching your AC to a lower setting before going to bed or at least one or a couple of hours before bedtime.
- Opt for portable or window air conditioners.If you plan of cooling only a few specific rooms and not your whole home, then a portable unit might just be all you need. By using such, you will cool only the rooms that are in use and will save up to 50% less energy than a big central air conditioner can consume.
- Close all vents in your home, especially in the basement area.Another great addition to air conditioner energy saving tips is closing all vents on the lower part of your home. By doing so, you will allow the cool air to naturally creep down there and push the hot air up which cools as it goes down.
- Have your unit serviced by a professional occasionally.While it is imperative that you do routine maintenance procedures on your air conditioner, they might not be enough to keep your appliance trouble free, especially if you are surrounded with annoying trees that bear and drop seeds that bonds with the filter; causing the unit to function much harder.
- Reorganize your furniture at home.Check your home furnishings to see if they are blocking the chill that you want to experience or enjoy. If so, then it is time to rearrange them.
An air conditioner is extremely helpful, especially during the blazing hot summer days. However, it should not be the cause for unpaid electricity bills. That is why it always pays to keep theseair conditioner energy saving tipsabove in mind. So go ahead and have your own unit today in case you still don’t have one so that you too can beat the summer heat.aa
Do you prefer to have an air conditioner that can easily be transported? Then, you are looking for a portable air conditioner. This is a unique type of air conditioner that can be carried from one location to another with ease. This article will guide you more about this type of air conditioner.
Like most other air conditioners, a portable air conditioneruses electricity, specifically 120 volts power source. In order to function, it uses Freon, which is a feature that makes it different from older version of air conditioners that used coolants. Due to being portable, this air conditioner is best suited for industrial use. However, it is availed in different sizes to suit different needs. For use in a small industrial closed space, a small portable air conditioner can be purchased instead of wasting money on a very large one.
The use of a portable type air conditioner has several advantages such as the following:
- This air conditioner is portable. This means they can be used in more than one location and can easily be transported.
- It is easy to operate.
- Manufacturers provide commendable customer support for their air conditioners. This makes them safer to use and more reliable.
- Portable ones are efficient and convenient as they are designed for long term industrial use. An investment with a ventless portable air conditioner is, therefore, worth it.
- It is available in different sizes. Finding an appropriate air conditionerthat will satisfy your needs is easy due to this variety in sizes.
When searching for appropriate portable air conditioners to purchase, there are several purchasing factors that you need to consider. Below is a buying guide that you can use to get the air conditioner that will best suit your needs.
- Assess your needs. A great way to know exactly what to purchase is by assessing your needs.
- Ask yourself the following questions. Where will that air conditioner be used? How big is the room? Will it be used in a single location or in different locations? Do you need a quiet portable air conditioner or a noisy one will do?
- Read user reviews for different brands such as the Kenmore air conditioner. Learn the pros and cons for different brands and note this down.
- Consider the price you are ready to pay. Do not go for extremely high prices when you do not have that money ready.
A portable air conditioner is always a good idea if you need an efficient air conditioner for various uses. It is highly beneficial and with highly impressive features.
Are you looking for efficient but cost effective air conditioning systems? Then, ductless air conditioners are your best choices. This article will provide you the reasons why.
Ductless air conditioners have several features that make them unique from any other types of air conditioners. These features are as follows.
- These air conditioners are designed to supply and circulate cool air within a closed space without the use of ducts.
- They are assembled in two parts. One part is inside a closed space attached to the wall the other part is attached outside. The part that is found outside pumps in air through well-designed tubing.
- Ductless types are designed with user friendly controls, making them easier to use for people of all ages. With the air conditioner’s controls, you can regulate how much coolant is pumped into a house, depending on the temperature you want to maintain.
Compared with other types of air conditioners, ductless air conditioners are easier to use. They are easy to install and do not consume too much power during operation. However, they use electricity, which is the only similar feature they share with other types of air conditioners. Also, they have a smaller profile and can complement well with room decor. There are other air conditioners that are too big to go unnoticed in a small space. These conditioners are, therefore, meant for regulation of temperature within large rooms like meeting halls as compared to ductless mini split air conditioners, which are meant for smaller closed spaces.
Aside from those mentioned above, using ductless air conditioners have more benefits, namely:
- They are efficient in air circulation.
- Once a purchase is done, installation is easy for these air conditioners.
- They are cost effective since they are ductless. You do not need to purchase a duct to have them work efficiently. In addition to this, they do not consume so much power.
These air conditioners are one of the most efficient, cost effective and unique air conditioners in the market today. If you want the best ductless air conditioners, you might have to take a look at ductless air conditioners reviews online. There are several brands that you can look into. Some of these brands include Frigidaire, BTU Klimaire, Pridiom and Kenmore air conditioner. If you are looking for a good and efficient air conditioner to use in your home, then this should be on top of your list.
Are you wondering which air conditioner to purchaseespecially when the warm weather comes?You are probably questioning what the costs; the differences are between manufacturers, and the right choice for your application. Kenmore air conditioner should be on your top list when you are out searching for the best air conditioning units. Take a look at the Kenmore brand as a standout manufacturer and explore the reasons why you should have one of its products.
The Searscompany acts as parent to the Kenmore brand.
- Since the early 1900’s household appliance such as microwaves, dishwashers, garbage disposals and air conditioners have been manufactured and distributed.
- It was the boom of electrically-wired homes in the 1920’s which spurned Kenmore innovation. The company saw to it that every homeowner should have electrical appliances at their fingertips for convenience.
- Consumer demand continues to thrive as more and more homeowners find Kenmore as a reputable and popular brand in the market today.
Features and Benefits of a Kenmore Air Conditioner
You want quality and you want to know and trust the company you are purchasing your air conditioner from. Here are some benefits when going with the Kenmore.
- Trust – Since 1927,the company has been marketing washing machines, air conditioners and other Kenmore branded appliances. When it comes to household products, there is a long history of experience with Kenmore.
- Warranty – With a one year warranty as a standard service contract, you can also opt for an additional four-year extension. This gives you peace of mind that your Kenmore air conditioner partswill be covered for years to come.
As mentioned above, Sears is the main distributor for Kenmore appliances. The Kenmore air conditioner come as portable, standalone unit for homes, window units for rooms, and even central air conditioning units installed externally to your home. The following are other features of this air conditioner.
- Earth-friendly refrigerant
- Offers remote controlled air conditioners
- Fresh air exhaust venting
- Variable fan speed settings
This is all for user convenience and full control over your climate control needs.
The Kenmore Advantage
Go ahead and perform your due diligence. Kenmore air conditioner reviews are often positive and you can find chat boards and forums to ask about the advantages of Kenmore. Among the top advantages are:
- Experience – With over 80 years of experience in the household appliance industry, you can be rest assured the Kenmore product line will serve you well.
- Reliability – A reputation is hard to build and even tougher to protect. Kenmore made its name through reliable appliances backed by firm warranties. This keeps your air conditioner running strong and long with recourse in case there’s a defect.
- Kenmore Air Conditioner Manual – Your air conditioner comes with a manual. In case you need any maintenance tips, the number to the warranty service center, and even just installation detailsare found in the manual. Simply refer to your manual in order to get the details you seek.
Costs vary as do aesthetics. You will want to measure the dimensions of your window or area where you’ll want the central air conditioner unit to be installed. Make sure you have that information handy before you begin your shopping. This makes you informed and helps a sales or service representative better recommend the appropriate unit.With all of these facts about Kenmore air conditioner, you will surely be investing your money in a valuable, efficient and long lasting unit.