Designer shoes don’t exactly come cheap and you would therefore like your flashy new shoes to last for as long as they possibly can. Designer shoes are generally durable and made of good quality material. However, in order for them to last long, you must make an effort to maintain them.
After spending hundreds of dollars on that quality designer shoes, it is only proper that you go the extra mile to maintain it. Here are a few tips on how to make that amazing designer shoe last longer.
Do not wear the same shoe daily
- The first rule of making that designer shoe last longer is not to wear it everyday. Always wear a different shoe everyday.
- No matter how amazing it looks or how comfortable you feel in it, don’t wear it everyday, the wear and tear of everyday usage will wear it out faster than normal.
Always clean your shoes in the right way
Cleaning your shoe is an obvious maintenance tip but one that is very important in making sure that your designer shoe lasts long.
- Do not store your shoes when they are dirty. The dirt in the shoes makes them age faster.
- Every shoe is different and may require a different cleaning technique so don’t treat all your shoes the same. For example, a Jean Michel Cazabat lady suede platform booties need to be cleaned using a suede eraser and suede brush instead of a wet cloth to avoid damaging them.
Don’t overuse. If possible, carry an extra pair around.
If you have to walk for long, carry an extra pair of walking shoes with you, when you have to take long walks then you can wear them. This ensures that you don’t wear out your designer shoes as fast, unless they are designer walking shoes that are meant for long walks.
- For example, the Jean Michel Cazabat robin ballet flat can be quite comfortable to walk in and can be used as a replacement for a heel when walking.
Add Rubber Soles to Your Shoes
Adding rubber soles to shoes can help protect the actual sole from wear and tear caused by the pressure exerted by your feet while walking. When the rubber wears out you can easily replace them as they come cheap and are easily available in stores.
Tips on Maintaining Leather Shoes
Leather is one of the most popular materials for shoes with many designers including Jean Michel Cazabat. This is because leather is quite durable. However it needs to be maintained properly for it to last.
- During the wet season try to ensure that your leather shoes are kept dry. You can use a waterproofing spray to keep them from soaking in water when you are walking outside.
- You should also make sure that as soon as you get home you dry your shoes. Water makes leather dry and your shoes start looking dull.
- After some time, leather shoes may begin to lose their luster. You can buy polish made for leather shoes and polish them to keep them looking new and shiny.
- Try and avoid long walks.
If the ordinary woman had her way she would be donned in designer shoes every day. Sadly designer shoes don’t come cheap and there is really no point in spending your rent on that amazing Jean Michel Cazabat shoes only to be left homeless. Luckily, when there is a will, there is always a way and you can always find that designer shoe at a discounted price.
Here are some tips on how to get that amazing designer shoe at a discounted price:
Discounted online stores
The first place to get discounted designer shoes is online. The best part about looking for shoes online is that you can do it from the comfort of your home or at work on your lunch break and you don’t have to break a sweat doing it.
- There are lots of websites that specifically deal in designer shoes at discounted prices.
- Some websites like Endless.com have a variety of designer shoes. For example, a Jean Michel Cazabat Lissila ankle boot that went for $330 can range from $73.54 to $181.50.
Your favorite store’s website
Be a regular visitor on your favorite shoe store’s website. Whenever stores have a sale they like to let their customers know in advance in order to maximize their sales.
- Always look to see whether the shoe store close to you is having a sale and try to get there as early as you can so that you have more variety to choose from.
- At the end of every season when new shoes for the next season are coming in, stores like to have sales to get rid of the old stock. Most people wait for these times so it would be best to go on a pre shopping spree in advance to know what exactly you would like before the actual sale.
For the best discounted rates on designer wear including shoes, always look out for warehouse sales.
- A warehouse sale is when large designer stores sell their overstock or leftovers from previous seasons.
- Warehouse sales tend to have the biggest discounted rates ranging from 50% to up to 80% off on their merchandise.
- Barneys have one of the largest warehouse sales and they do carry Jean Michel Cazabat collections.
Thrift stores or second hand stores
At thrift stores you can always get second hand designer shoes at discounted prices. The biggest issue with second hand shoes is always the quality or the chance that it could be a fake.
- When you choose this route, learning how to identify designer shoes should be a skill that you already have. It will save you a lot of misery in the long run.
- Secondly, always check the quality of the shoe before you leave the shop. Before you buy the shoe, walk in it to feel the fit because the previous owner could have had a crooked walk and the shoe may have tilted, this may make it impossible for you to walk in the shoe.
You don’t have to spend your savings or settle for a fake to get that designer shoe, always keep an eye out for designer shoes at discounted rates and you’ll be surprised at how many places you can actually get designer shoes for even half the price.
Shoe designs have always been evolving through the years, be it from the type of materials used or from the color in fashion on a particular year. Many budding shoe designers have emerged to the mainstream because of the designs they create. Some of these designers are just born with the talent while others choose to take a course on Footwear Design to enhance their capabilities. One shoe design school that offers a shoe design course is the Fashion Institute of Design.
Some brands like Converse and Nike offer a shoe design software on their online shops. This is a great way to design your own shoe especially if you are the master of this craft. Just click away, and the brand will produce it for you for a hefty price, of course.
Types of Shoe Design According to Use
1.) Work Wear:
Loafers are great shoe designs for men whose fashion style is classy and corporate. This is a simple shoe design but very elegant if the finishing is shiny. It is usually made of leather.
High-heeled shoes are a popular additional accessory for women. There are conventional kinds and there are also contemporary ones like the stilettos. These are a great addition in every woman’s wardrobe because it is an appropriate shoe design for work as well as a trendy style for a night out. High-heeled shoe design is quite pricey but a Jean Michel Cazabat piece is a luxurious brand without compromising your monetary fund.
Wellington boots are especially made with very durable rubber to withstand the activity required for a rough job. Usually, farmers and ranchers opt for this type of shoe design.
2.) Casual Wear:
Sneakers are becoming popular these days not only for men but also for women. These are comfortable shoe designs, which incorporate a laid back look when worn with cropped jeans for women or denim pants for men. This is an appropriate shoe design for everyday use, as it does not hurt the feet as compared to formal shoes.
This type of shoe design is very common during the summer season. It is very comfortable as it lets the air breathe through the feet.
3.) Sporty Wear:
This type of shoe design is more comfortable than sneakers because it is specifically made for athletes who do strenuous activities. There are different types of rubber shoes namely running shoes, cross-trainer shoes, tennis shoes and many more. Basically, these types of rubber shoes are made to cater athletes.
Whatever occasion you need a shoe for, there is always a suitable shoe design for you. Just be patient in finding the best one that fits you because if the shoe does not fit, then it would only become an impractical piece of accessory in your cabinet.
Based in Soho but originally coming from Southern France, Jean Michel Cazabat is a world famous shoe designer who just opened his own first boutique located on Bleecker Street in Manhattan, New York. The shop was patterned after his Soho loft, in the signature color of the designer, which are red, gold and blue. The reason is because the designer wants costumers who enter his store to shop for Jean Michel Cazabat shoes to feel like they are coming into his own home.
Jean Michel Cazabat wedges as well as Jean Michel Cazabat boots and flats all feature attractive details such as lush textures, delicate ruching and perforated leather. They can all be found lining the display shelves of the Jean Michel Cazabat boutique.
Jean Michel Cazabat also has a men’s line that was launched in 2003. His modern offerings of beautiful pumps, striking sandals and pretty booties have prices starting from 250 dollars to 400 dollars. All the footwear are well made, comfortable and has that unique capability of making your feet look very sexy.
A number of the most respected retailers in the world carry Jean Michel Cazabat collections. These include, Bloomingsdale, Barneys, Harvey Nichols and Neiman Marcus. If you envy one of the designer shoes, here are some guidelines that you can follow when shopping for them.
Shopping Tips On Jean Michel Cazabat Footwear
- Get a pair that is a perfect fit. Just because Jean Michel Cazabat shoes look perfect on the shelves does not mean that they will fit the contours of your feet perfectly. Thus, it is vital that you put them on first before making a buying decision
- Get Jean Michel Cazabat shoes that will fit your work and lifestyle. Creations that feature bead works, glass heels and other delicate designs are great for social functions but not for walking on pavements and rough streets
- Select an investment piece. The trendier the design, the faster it will be dated. If you intend to make your Jean Michel Cazabat footwear an investment, choose a style that will stay in fashion for a long time
- Stay away from imitations. No matter how high the quality of a fake Jean Michel Cazabat is, do not buy them just to have a designer footwear. If you cannot yet afford to buy a genuine pair, save your money until you can already afford one
- Look for second hand Jean Michel Cazabat footwear. If it is okay for you to wear used designer shoes, you can check out thrift stores and auction sites. Bear in mind though that if you are going to choose this route, you have to be careful with the shoes that you are going to buy. You do not want yourself to be fooled into buying a pair of Jean Michel Cazabat creations that is fake. If you want to have more insights on how to identify fake brands, there are many online sites that offer free advice on the matter. Remember to follow them once you are out shopping on your own.