Feeding a dog is fun only when you know what to feed him, when to feed him and how much to feed him. Knowing about dog food is a must in order to ensure that your dog’s immunity is good and he remains healthy throughout his lifetime.
Helpful Tips in Feeding Dogs
- Puppies should be fed more frequently. Feeding them four times a day is optimal. As the puppy grows into an adult, the number of meals should be cut down to three and then finally to two.
- You should never feed your dog only once a day with a heavy meal because that could lead to stomach problems. This problem is seen more often in larger dogs because they have to crane low to eat from their bowls.
- To avoid the above problem, you should also ensure you place the bowl at a height suitable for your dog.
- The dog food package such as Instinct dog food comes with instructions based on age and weight of the dog. Follow them carefully. This is by far one of the most important tips in feeding dogs.
- Environmental factors, heath factors, energy of dogs and their breed determine the kind of food they should be given. Hence, you should gather information about the dietary requirements of your dog from the Veterinarian beforehand to stay on the safe side.
- Remember to always clean your dog’s bowl. You’d never eat in a dirty plate for obvious reasons. The same reasons hold true for your dog too.
- Make sure you only give your dog the required amounts of food to avoid obesity. Overweight dogs tend to be much weaker and prone to ailments. Under-feeding him could lead to starvation and ultimately death of your canine friend. Be very careful.
- Keep your dog away from fat food and spicy foods. Chocolates, onions, garlic, grapes and raisins are poison for dogs. Make sure you don’t feed your dog with such foods.
- Dog food should not contain anything that is very cold or very hot because there is a risk of intestinal and stomach problems with extreme temperatures.
- While feeding your dog with raw meat, be very careful about handling it. Clean the raw meat well, wash your hands and make sure the feeding area is also clean in order to avoid bacterial infections like Salmonella.
- Keep fresh water for your dog all the time. Fresh water is very important especially during the summer.
Feed your dog right and feed him clean and follow these tips in feeding dogs to ensure your dog is healthy, lively and immune from diseases. With the proper diet and tender loving care, your dogs will surely live a long and happy life.
Just like how you take special care of your own diet, it is also important to provide your cut canine with proper dog diet if you want him to remain healthy and fit. There are many commercial foods and treats for dogs today but none of them cater to the true meaning of proper diet. The best dog food should contain natural carbohydrates, fat and proteins. There are of course a few brands such as the Instinct dog food that can be trusted but it is important to know the key to ensure that your faithful friend leads a healthy, long life.
Factors of a Proper Dog Diet
- Keep it natural: Don’t buy anything that is processed. Make sure you give your dog only natural food such as real meat and grains. This should be your first step towards ensuring that your dog gets the right food. Don’t ever feed your dog with by-products or foods that have too much grain in them.
- Keep preservatives away: Preservatives are not good for you or your pet dog. They are meant for packaging and are not good for consumption. If you feed your dog with processed food that has too many preservatives, the poor canine will suffer with kidney problems that could also lead to kidney failure. Thus, avoid them!
- Fresh food is the best: If you can afford it, make sure your proper dog diet mainly revolves around homemade food. You can make vegetables and grains based on your preference but you should keep in mind to give your dog all the essential nutrients to keep him healthy and lively.
- Keep commercial food away: There may be promises about the foods being scientifically proven to be great but even these are not good for two main reasons. One of them is that they have preservatives and second is that they are canned and processed so much that most of the ingredients lose all their nutritious value.
- Supplements: Even if you feed your dog with fresh food and vegetables, his diet might lack essential nutrients. This is because of the use of chemicals and other things for cultivation that has stripped the nutritious value from crops. A good supplement along with fresh and healthy food makes the proper dog diet for your pet. Look for supplements that have vitamins, minerals and immunity enhancers. Antioxidants are also necessary.
If you ensure that your dog eats great food, he will be able to grow healthy and his immunity will also be strong enough to avoid a number of diseases. The proper dog diet also varies from breed to breed and it would be advisable to talk to your dog’s Veterinarian if you are in doubt about breed-specific diet.
In the dog food market, one of the most recognized brands of dog foods is the Wellness dog food brand. The Wellness brand offers a variety of dog foods, which provides various dog owners with a wide range of dog foods to choose from. Their products are well recognized and trusted. This is proven by the Wellness dog food. The reviews give a positive feedback on the benefits of offering your dog with food from the brand. It is important that you offer your dog with the best dog food in order to ensure that they remain and stay healthy.
In the market, there are various brands such as the Instinct dog food as well. However, there are reasons as to why the Wellness foods stand out from the rest and it is important that you know what these are that make this brand unique.
Features of the Wellness Brand
- First, the Wellness dog food is a holistic product and made from natural ingredients. Unlike other dog foods that are processed, the Wellness food is organic. It contains all the necessary ingredients and nutrients that are essential to ensure that your dog remains healthy. The food does not contain any preservatives thus making it pure natural food. Some of its ingredients include deboned meat and fresh vegetables.
- The Wellness dog food also offers a wide range of flavors to choose from. This product is also proven to be of high quality. With lots of variety, dog owners are able to choose from different nutritious foods that they can offer their dogs. For instance, there is the Wellness Core dog food, which is known to be rich in protein. Proteins are essential to dogs for their proper muscle growth.
- When it comes to cost, the Wellness dog food brand takes that into consideration. Dog food is known to be costly. However, with the Wellness brand, you do not have to worry about costs. This is because as a dog owner, you can get a Wellness dog food coupon that you can use to purchase their products. There are various websites that offer such coupons, and this is aimed at ensuring that their products are affordable. This explains why it is unique from other brands of dog foods.
Therefore, if you are looking for the best dog food brand, look no further than that Wellness dog food brand as they have much to offer to both the dog owner and the dog.
Dogs are said to be man’s best friend and thus they must be taken care of by ensuring that they are fed with the best dog food. There are several brands of dog food that you can get in the market and the Instinct dog food is considered to be the best dog food brand present.
What makes a best dog food?
Dog food should be holistic. This means that it should contain all the necessary nutrients and other ingredients that will be beneficial to the dog. Such dog food will ensure that your dog stays and grows healthy. As a dog owner, this is something you will surely want for your dog. There are certain nutrients that need to be present in the dog food.
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates provide dogs with energy, which is needed for his various activities such as running around, playing and doing tricks.
- Proteins: These nutrients ensure proper growth and development of the dog. They help in the repair and development of the dog’s cells.
- Vitamins: Vitamins are necessary to provide dogs with protection from diseases.
- Minerals: These are needed to help with the bodily functions of the dog and also growth and development of the dog such as the development of bones.
In addition, the best dog food should come in a variety of flavors. You can have the best dry dog food and wet dog food. They can also come in the form of pellets. Also, the food should have supplements and sweeteners. Dogs tend to be very picky when it comes to the food provided. The supplements and sweeteners are there to ensure that the taste will be loved by dogs. Consider the brand that you are buying because trusted brands are proven to offer the best dog food.
Choosing the Right Dog Food
Even when you have chosen the best brand of dog food, it is also important to be able to determine the right food for your dog. Here are a few considerations to look into.
- First, you need to consider the ingredients that have been used to make the food. There are certain ingredients present in the food that can result in allergic reactions.
- Also, the age of the dog is important. There are foods for puppies and those for grown dogs. If it is a puppy, the food mainly focuses on the stimulation of the puppy’s growth. Therefore, always get the right food for the dog.
- Lastly, you need to consider if the food is processed or natural. Some dogs prefer natural foods to processed foods.
If you are still confused on what is the best dog food to buy for your beloved pet, ask the person in charge of the pet shop. They know best since they are well trained about this matter. So if you want your dogs to be healthy, make sure you only buy the right kinds of food suitable for their age.
Instinct dog food is a widely recognized brand in the pet lover communities. It is a trusted product series because the company relies on delivering quality, while keeping up with an overwhelming customer demand at both local and international levels.
Even to this day, average pet food companies that normally make claims regarding their subservient food quality, never really disclose their work standards. You might be holding a bag of “tasty” pet food which also goes inline with what the animal naturally eats. However, some pet food brands include large portions of other edibles that aren’t really part of the pet’s diet. One particular component are grains. Although grains provide some nutrition, it doesn’t really provide optimum nutrition your pet needs unlike the natural foods they eat.
As a pet owner, you wouldn’t want your dog to eat anything that is less than what the pet really needs. This is why Natures Variety Instinct Dog Food has earned consumer trust because their standards are based on years of hard work and over-deliverance.
Instinct Dog Food Reviews – One Brand, Multiple Products
At its core, Instinct dog food is a result of hard work and dedication. The Lincoln, Nebraska based company is recognized for diligently producing pet food for puppies, adult dogs, aged critters and anything that requires a little extra love and grooming.
Compared to rival high quality brands, Natural Instinct dog food is keeping up with high customer demands by featuring different benefits such as:
- Instinct dog food is available in wet, canned and dry editions.
- It is a premium quality dog food manufacturer. The items are free of gluten, excess trans fats and carbs.
- This manufacturer partakes in impeccable work ethics and proven formulas for creating pet food in all shapes and sizes.
- Instinct Chicken Meat Dog Food, Instinct Rabbit Dog Food and other varieties help pet owners from all walks of life in taking care of their four-legged friends.
- Tapioca, Pumpkin seeds, grains and signs of essential fish oil add to the growth of animals at optimal levels.
Are There any Disadvantages of Using Natural Instinct Dog Food?
At the moment, there are no disadvantages of using Natures Variety Instinct Dog Food. However, overfeeding and any specific medical condition of your dog might lead to unforeseen consequences. Even though top quality dog food is made of a calculated combination of carbohydrates, proteins, fats and fiber, some special ingredients might incur an allergic reaction in your pet.
It is always wise to consult with a well reputed veterinary for expert recommendations. As a precaution, make sure that whatever dog food you are about to purchase, it meets the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) standards, certifications and it’s within an expiry date. Some vendors do not entertain buybacks and returns – hence such precautions are ideal under these circumstances.