A heated blanket or better known as a heated electric throw is a special type of blanket that uses electricity to generate heat to keep you warm. A heated throw would make a perfect gift to a person. Heated throw blanket delivers soothing relief and comfort which promotes relaxation. Another type of heated blanket is the battery operated heated blanket which uses battery power to generate heat. This is convenient especially where there is no electricity or there is a power outage in your area.
Advantages of a heated blanket
- They are cost-efficient. They cost more than the regular blanket but if you take into consideration the concentrated heat that it produces as compared to switching on the heater then you’re better off with this.
- Portability. You can take the heated blanket anywhere. This is especially useful when camping in the woods. A battery operated heated blanket will be extremely useful there.
- This blanket is so stylish. Apart from its normal use of delivering warmth, this blanket can also be used to decorate your house. This is because they are stylish and have been well designed with cute colors and patterns that will stand out.
Popular Brands of Heated Blankets
There are several brands of heated blankets that can give you the above mentioned functions and a lot more. There are several features that differentiate one from the other. Here are some examples:
- Forty Winks Rest is purely made of polyester and has 3 settings which also feature an automatic heating logic that lasts for 3 hours. This makes it one of the most equipped heated blankets.
- Sunbeam Microplush heated blankets are economical and features dual control. This allows different warmth settings on the two sides of the bed. Some models even have auto-off feature that can be adjusted to 2, 6 or 10 hours.
- SoftHeat Low Voltage Electric Blanket has a safety feature that the chance of getting an electric shock is improbable. The blankets are also machine-washable and machine-dryable.
- Biddeford Heated Electric Blanket features a rotary dial controller allowing it to be connected to an appliance timer. This feature allows the blanket to be automatically turned on at a specified time.
In choosing a heated blanket, consider not only the price nor the brand; make sure to inspect the quality, durability and the comfort of the blanket as well. It is also important to know how to properly maintain your heated blanket. Reading the manufacturer’s instruction information will go a long way.
If you are searching for gift that will surely be appreciated by its recipient, a heated throw would be a great idea. In fact, many people are opting for a heated throw blanket because of its excellent functionality. But then, what exactly is a heated throw?
What’s A Heated Throw?
Actually, this type of blanket is known under a lot of names. Some refer to it as an electric throw while others call it a heated electric throw. Basically, the throw is a kind of blanket that you can utilize to stay warm, essentially acting like a traditional blanket. The difference is that it uses electricity as a power source for heat. There are a number of great reasons why people choose the electric blanket instead of the traditional one. Below are some of the features that are unique to the electric throw.
Features Of A Heated Throw
- It is very economical – this means that a heated throw blanket is much cheaper and thus, affordable. With just a small amount of cash, you can already have something that will keep you comfortably warm during the cold season. However, you may also use it for other times. The point is that you can be comfortable and warm without spending a fortune. Hence, if you are on a tight budget and you want something to keep you and your family warm, the heated throw is the best solution. The actual price varies but it is possible to find much cheaper products in stores, malls and online outlets.
- It provides more convenience and comfort – anytime you want additional warmth, you can use the electric blanket anywhere around the house. It is even possible to adjust its temperature to provide you with the best amount of comfort. In addition, the heated throw is also very easy to use. You just have to read the simple instructions first and the rest would be a breeze. You may even bring your electric blanket with you when you travel. Just ensure that there is a power source for it where you are going.
- It is very stylish – the heated electric blanket is not just functional, it is also very stylish. In fact, there are people who use the blanket as an additional decoration in their homes. Among the best places where you can drape the throw over is your living room chair or sofa. There are plenty of designs, styles and colors that are available so you will not find it hard to find one that will suit your interior. If you already have an intricate interior design, you can just ad a plain colored or designed electric throw. However, if you like playing with colors and patterns, there are intricate colors and design patterns that are available. One of the popular brands today are Biddleford, SoftHeat and Sunbeam heated throw blankets. This brand is available in a wide variety of colors and designs, and has three different controls.
The heated throw is a great choice over coats, thick blankets and heaters. It is especially made for people who require comfort and warmth throughout colder climate. With the heated throw being easily carried by anyone, you can stay warm and cozy everywhere you go as long as there’s an electric source. Hence, we careful in using and cleaning a heated throw, treat like just like any other electrical device and handle it with caution.