If you are gluten intolerant and need to stay away from it at all costs, you sure have to be careful about what you eat. You should follow a strict gluten free diet but that does not mean you restrict yourself to tasteless, bland food. There are many recipes that you can find in cookbooks as well as over the internet to give you extremely delicious gluten free dishes. Gluten free pasta is a favorite choice among many gluten intolerant people.
Before, pasta was a big no and some gluten free pasta brands had come up. However, they failed to deliver and a few gave disastrous results. That is why many people gave up on pasta completely. However, it is fact that all pastas are not harmful for you. Pasta salad is a good choice. You can have it either cold or hot. You could even have dried macaroni and cheese. The only thing you need to be careful about when you shop for pasta is that is that it should be gluten free pasta.
Here are some of the popular brands and options that you choose to have scrumptious gluten free pasta meals.
Popular Gluten Free Pasta Brands
- Orgran: This is a very popular gluten free pasta brand. The pasta offered by this company is nutritious and free of all allergens in order to keep you safe from any potent harm and also to keep you healthy at the same time.
- Jovial: The brand makes pasta that is organic and healthy. The pasta is made from water and organic brown rice flour. It has been certified as a reliable gluten free product. Along with that, it is vegan.
- Tinkyada: The pasta offered by this brand is rice based and quite grainy which does not really go down well for many. Some enjoy the product because it is tasty and healthy but the grainy texture does not go with everyone’s liking.
- DeBoles Pastas: Sadly, this product may contain allergens and it is not organic. So if you pick this brand, go through the ingredient list and look for ingredients that you are allergic to first. If you find everything okay, go ahead with buying it.
There are numerous brands in the market that make gluten free pasta dishes. It depends on your personal choice and the ingredients used. Just take a while out and check to see which suits you the best. Make your favorite pasta thus and enjoy! You could start your day with gluten free cereals and not compromise on health or taste. These cereals are yummy and very healthy. They come in different flavors too and you could choose according to your choice to kick start the day healthily.
There are many who suffer from gluten intolerance and that is why they prefer to maintain a gluten-free diet. Foods that consist of oats, wheat and barley are a big no. If you suffer from rheumatism, osteoporosis, anemia, Down’s syndrome, diabetes or multiple sclerosis, you must avoid foods containing gluten. Gluten free bread is thus a preferred choice by many and surely most of you prefer to purchase it. Since, gluten free bread is actually best made at home, knowing how to make one is a huge advantage. There are a number of recipes to follow in order to make nutritious and soft gluten free bread.
Here is an easy and quick gluten free bread recipe with applesauce for you:
You will need:
- Cornstarch – 1/3 cup
- Whole bean flour – 1/3 cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Sorghum flour – 1 1/3 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Raisins – 1 cup
- Egg whites – 2
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
- Applesauce – 1 ½ cup
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
Method of Preparation:
First, preheat your over to 350 degrees F. Take a loaf pan or a baking pan and grease it well. Meanwhile, whisk all the dry ingredients together first and make sure they form a thorough mixture. Use a whisk to get the proper texture. Now take a separate bowl and mix all the liquid ingredients together. Once you mix them properly, combine both the mixture and blend well so that there are no lumps at all. Pour this batter in the greased baking or loaf pan and bake for an hour. When you think it is done, use a toothpick to see if it is set by poking the surface. Once it is cooked, let the bread cool and then slice it into pieces of yummy gluten free bread. You could even use a gluten free bread machine to blend properly and make the softest bread!
Other Options In Getting Gluten Free Bread
- If you don’t really like baking, you could buy gluten free bread in the market. Some of the top gluten free bread brands are Ener-G, Udi’s Gluten-Free, Glutino, The Grainless Baker, and others.
- You could also look for gluten free cereals so as to have a healthy breakfast and to kick start the day with a nutritious diet. There are many such cereal brands available in the market today that provide different flavors and ingredients such as honey and cinnamon to make them even tastier and energizing.
Remember to stay healthy as well as safe if you are gluten intolerant or suffer from diseases that make gluten your enemy.
Gluten is a kind of protein that composes wheat and some other associated grains. Some are actually prohibited in eating gluten containing food for some medical reason. Hence. a gluten free diet is important for these people. A proper and balanced diet is an important part of our everyday life especially in the modern hectic world. A gluten free diet can be prescribed by the doctor. In cases of the celiac disease it is recommended by all the medical practitioners to practice a gluten free diet. Nevertheless it must be remembered that a gluten free diet may not include a complete absence of gluten but the presence of it must be kept at a desired level. This desired level is however debatable. Gluten free breakfast ideas may include various items and the persons who are advised to follow this diet will consider knowing them.
Some of the popular gluten free breakfast ideas consist of the following:
- A gluten free toast is a very good option. Gluten free bread is available at various stores. You can enjoy the same delicious toast you had before but now gluten free.
- Gluten and dairy free breakfast ideas may include an oatmeal which is available completely gluten free though a considerable search is to be made. One can have this with nut milk or hemp milk instead of milk. Fruits, eggs and meats are very good options for the gluten free breakfast menus without any dairy product as well.
- Healthy Gluten free cereals are available at many stores. However while purchasing them one must look at the ingredients mentioned at the back properly.
- Pancakes may also form a part of the gluten free breakfast recipes. These can be made with eggs, milk and gluten free flour which is available at many places. The gluten free muffins can also be useful.
There can be many other gluten free breakfast ideas. For example, yoghurts are gluten free and made out of milk and it has the ability to keep a person healthy and fit. However it must not be added with biscuits or other gluten products. Gluten free breakfast ideas can include eggs which can again be prepared into many kinds of interesting recipes like poached egg, omelets and other foods related to the use of eggs. In case of the meat lovers, there is practically very little problem since a variety of options are available to them. Sausages, chicken recipes and other related options can all be part of the gluten free breakfast ideas.
It is obviously a bit of a problem for all of them who are recommended to have gluten free food. But there are many ideas and products available that are gluten free and may possibly help them out.
Gluten is a type of protein that is mainly found in some cereals like wheat, barley, maize and others. Excessive intake of gluten can cause severe problems in the body and can cause disorder in the functions of organs. As a result of this the doctors often prescribe to take gluten free food. Now, there can be more than one list of gluten free foods but remembering all would give you a headache. Fortunately, there’s a lot of free list of gluten free food online to guide you.
For your body, there should be some restrictions and as a result of this the some special lists are produced such as the gluten free diet list of foods and list of gluten free foods for kids. However nowhere in the list of gluten free foods it is mentioned that the food does not contain even 1 % gluten but it is stating that the gluten content is minimum and taking such foods will not cause excessive intake of gluten for the body.
- In the list of gluten free foods some gluten free cereals are included. Excluding wheat, rye and barley which contains high level of gluten. Corn, buckwheat and arrowroot are popular among the gluten free cereals.
- In the list of gluten free foods we also find potato. Many believe that potato contains high level of glucose so it will also have high level of gluten as well. But the case is just the opposite. Doctors often prescribe to take potato since they contain very low levels of gluten.
- Tapioca and Tea are also common elements which are found in the list of gluten free foods. They also contain very low level of gluten and as a result they are not restricted to any extent.
- Butter also contains low level of gluten in normal cases but when butter is formed with more ingredients then it may contain high level of gluten. So it is better to check the nutrition facts before purchasing. The same is true for milk where additives and enhancements would result to adding certain amounts of gluten.
- Fish is also a healthy food especially when it comes to the amount of gluten content in them. They are also included as an integral part of the list of gluten free foods.
The list of gluten free foods is not really that limited. So it is better to check out the level of gluten before taking any food and include them in the diet chart. Hence, it would be a wiser idea to list foods containing gluten and simply avoid including them in your meals
While growing up, your breakfast may have consisted mainly of fruits, toast and a bowl of ordinary cereals but all that could change if you find out that your body does not like gluten that much. However, although there are several breakfast options that are free of gluten, most people would still like to have a bowl of cereals every now and then. If that includes you, then your only option would be gluten free cereals. There are many gluten free cereals brands on the market but the best ones are those that do not taste like gluten free.
Just several years ago, you will have limited options if you prefer gluten free cereals and most can be purchased only from natural food outlets. Everything has changed though as you can find cereals that are gluten free in almost all supermarkets. A huge variety of gluten free cereals have become available for your selection as well. These include cold breakfast style cereal brands, kid friendly cereals and hot variety cereals such as whole grain porridge and oats, all of them gluten free.
It is easy to be confused when buying gluten free cereals because of the huge number of different brands that are available on the market. Thus, before doing your shopping, it is important to know what cereals are gluten free. To help you make a buying decision, here is a list of gluten free cereals that can be found in the market.
Cold Gluten Free Cereals
There are plenty of options that are available if you are searching for gluten free cold cereals that you can enjoy as a snack or for breakfast. Mainstream consumer brands and specialty manufacturers all offer different varieties that include sweet cereals, high fiber cereals and cereals added with fruits.
Hot Gluten Free Cereals
If you prefer to start your day with something hot in your stomach, there are various kinds of hot cereals on the market that are all gluten free. These include high fiber hot cereals and instant hot cereals that you can easily cook in your stove or microwave oven. However, many hot cereals have gluten free certified oats, which can be a problem if you are a celiac who is sensitive to oats. If so, oat free brands would be your best option.
Granola Gluten Free Cereals
Granola can be consumed as a filling morning cereal or as a good snack that you can take along. There are four manufacturers that offer a variety of cereal flavors like Nature’s Path, all of which are gluten free food. But as with hot cereals, there are many granola cereals that contain oats so if you have sensitivity to the ingredient, you should read the labels carefully and get the ones that omitted the oats in their formulation.