The world of cosmetics is a wild jungle for the uninitiated. There are many companies competing for each other having their own claims about their products. There are even costumers who are lured into buying those products who claimed that they offer the best for them but eventually they discover the products are not fit for their skin tones. What you need when you are planning to buy cosmetics brands is to know the top cosmetic brands that you can trust and search for the specific product that will give solution to the type of skin you have.
Here are the top cosmetic brands you can trust:
- Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. Bobbi Brown is the owner of the cosmetic company which designs and produces some high end cosmetics. Their products are popular because of the quality. As what many costumers say “You get what you have paid for”. Their flawless makeup gives your skin the natural glow and health.
- L’Oreal Cosmetics. This is one of the largest top cosmetic brands in the world. The brand started producing hair-color products but soon expanded and produced beauty and cleaning products in Paris founded by Eugene Schueller and the future La Cagoule. As of today, they produce products in skin care, hair colour, perfumes, hair care and makeups. They are popular because their products are categorized according to their target market. Classified by mass, luxury, professional and the active cosmetics found in the market.
- Mary Kay Merchandise. The company started with $5,000 to build a cosmetic store in a Dallas storefront. They started selling through door-to-door with only nine saleswomen. Soon the company grew and with Mary Kay optimism; the company became popular. The company now holds 200 premium products such as the color makeups, foundationbrush, body treatment, nail color, sunscreen, facial skincare, multi-vitamins, aromas and many more. What makes their products popular is because they provide the premium quality of each beauty item they sell to empower the women.
- Avon. It is now a leading beauty company in the world having 10 billion dollars in revenue per year. The first trademark was filed in year 1932 in New York for the Avon Company. Parts of their products were toilet water, perfumes, rouge and powder compacts. Now it is a multi-level marketing brand that uses door-to-door selling.
Finding foundation color matching ideal for your skin can be hard. There are many girls now wearing makeup that are too light for their natural skin tone, and they end up getting darker necks than their faces. It is not really good to look at.
But finding the perfect color match for your face will be difficult, especially when you do not know your skin tone. What you need is some considerations and tips. This is for you to have the chance find the perfect color for your face and won’t end up looking like a zebra.
Here are some tips in your quest in finding the foundation color matching your face:
- Know what you need for your skin. Is it a full coverage foundation or tinted moisturizer? You have to understand both to choose what you need. The full foundation will give you the complete look and covering. As for tinted moisturizer, it will give you a more natural look and a natural-looking glow. Aside from what you need, you should also distinguish what skin type you have. There are different types of faces such as dry, oily or sensitive. This is because it will affect the kind of foundation you choose. There are foundations which have minerals that will work on specific skin types but not on others. Makeups come with specifications on skin types so be sure to read the labels well.
- Go shop in person. This is not something you can easily find online unless you are just buying for a replacement of your old foundation. A wise idea is to consult an expert about foundation color matching to buy the perfect match. It is not easy to just assume your color. The colors usually depend on the brand and the mediums used by each other, and it takes an actual test to see if it suits you. Beauty shops and malls have beauty consultants who could advise you on which color looks best for you, and can test the makeup on you. That’s what testers are for; you cannot find them from online shops.
- Know your skin type. There are three types of undertone you should understand. The first one is cool which the skin is bare and slightly pink in tone. The second one is neutral, that the skin is almost beige or peach. Lastly is warm, which the tone is golden or yellow.
- You got to try. The key here is to try and try in order to find the match when you are buying the foundation. You can always use the foundation brush in trying and just brush a little on your palm first to see the color of the foundation.
A stippling brush is very common for those who are beauty conscious and into makeup. It is an essential makeup tool and is a part of most of the makeup brush sets available in the market today. A stippling makeup brush essentially consists of two types of bristles. The white ones are longer and are synthetic while the black ones are the natural type. The white ones are used to pick the product that you want to apply and the black ones will buff it evenly and nicely onto your face. Black bristles are usually made from goat hair. Because of the presence of two different types of hair, the stippling brush is also referred to as the skunk brush.
A stippling brush is used to apply foundations, blushes and highlighters of different kinds like cream, liquid and powder forms.
You can find separate stippling brushes for each purpose such as the foundation stippling brush that is used to apply any kind of foundation.
In order to apply, the white tips are dipped into the blush, foundation or highlighter and the tips are dotted onto your skin gently. Once you do so, the brush should be pressed slightly so that the black bristles carry out their function of buffing the product onto your skin.
The stippling brush is similar the foundation brush as it also used to apply foundation.
You can use the stippling brush in order to apply blushes, which are highly pigmented. Heavily pigmented blushes can easily make you look horrible and those who have a heavy hand will be aware of this a tad too well. Hence, a stippling brush is ideal because you will be able to use the product lightly and get the right shade.
The same principle works with highlighters that have the tendency to seem shimmerier than they are actually meant to be. With a good stippling brush, you can solve that problem too and get a thin sheen instead of a whole horrendous ball.
There are numerous kinds and brands of stippling brushes available in the market today. You can pick the best stippling brush depending on various criteria. Some of the major brands include Sonia Kashuk, MAC 187 and Sigma F-15 to name a few. You can check reviews if you are in doubt so that you end up picking only the best one in the market.
If you are looking for the complete makeup brush set, you should know which brushes are absolute necessities. There are so many different types of brushes to choose from and you should essentially pick those that are important for your makeup brush set so that buying one would be easy.
Types of Ideal Professional Makeup Brush Sets
Powder Brush: This brush is flat and is rounded off at the edges. It is designed like that so that you can apply powders all over your face equally. Make sure the brush is not too big because you’ll end up applying more powder than required in some places and the corners will be left out.
Highlight Brush: You should go for a brush with rounded tips and something that is dense if you are looking to apply the highlighter powder under your eyes.
Blush Brush: You should be very careful about the size of a blush brush when you buy a makeup brush set. It should not be too large or too small because both extremes can give you horrendous results. Make sure thus that you check the set for this brush with particular attention.
Lip Brush: The ends of these brushes should be straight and the brush must be flat so that you achieve a smooth line.
Contour Brush: These brushes are usually flat but there is a downside to contour brushes with flat edges. It is quite difficult to get proper contour with such brushes. For your cheeks and nose you should choose a smaller sized blush brush. It is versatile and easier to use.
Eyeliner Brush: This is another important brush in the ideal makeup brush set. This brush should be pointed so that you can apply the eyeliner with precision as a thin line.
Foundation Brush: These brushes are of various types depending on what type of foundation you wear. There is a separate brush for liquid foundation and a completely different one for the powder form. Choose based on your preferences.
Eye shadow Brush: These brushes may be of two types. The flat brush is required for the application of base color and the second is for the detailing. The latter should have a rounded tip and needs to be soft so as to blend the eye shadow appropriately.
Eyebrow Brush: The bristles of this should be firm so that you can shape the eyebrows appropriately.
Fantail Brush: This is the last kind of brush and a fairly important one in your makeup brush set because of the fact that it is used to remove makeup.
The best makeup brush set will essentially contain brushes made of natural bristles that are safe to use. It is always ideal to go through makeup brush set reviews before zeroing in on a particular brand or set. It is also important to keep the brushes clean and to wash them after every use for hygeine and safety.
When putting your foundation makeup finding the right kind of foundation brush is extremely important. Failing to select the best foundation brush for your type of makeup or using it in a wrong way can result in very un-presentable face, even if you are an expert in putting the makeup on it. Basically, you can choose between foundation brush designed for cream or powder makeup and liquid foundation brush designed for liquid makeup. Liquid foundation brush is always made from synthetic bristles which will absorb and retain much less moisture, reducing the chances of growing the bacteria. Common foundation brush can be made from natural bristles. Lately, some companies introduced foundation brushes specially designed for the cream foundation makeup, but using same kind of brush for powder and cream foundation makeup is just as good. If you don’t like brushes the alternative is to use a sponge when applying makeup, but application is harder and results could be below expectations.
How to use a foundation brush
Besides choosing the right kind of foundation brush it is also very important to prepare the face for the makeup and to use the brush in a proper way. Here are some tips on how to use a foundation brush:
Prepare the face – after the washing and completely drying the face apply moisturizer to the skin and let it dry.
Run the foundation brush over the powder or cream foundation makeup in its container and apply the makeup to the center of your face and blend it outwards. That way you’ll avoid noticeable makeup lines on your face.
When applying makeup to your forehead, nose, cheeks and chin always use broad, downward strokes.
Use the narrow part of the foundation brush to apply the makeup into hardly accessible parts of your face like the hairline and around corners of the nose, eyes and mouth.
Check out your face for noticeable makeup lines and correct them with the clean end of the foundation brush using light circular motions.
If you’re using the liquid makeup use liquid foundation brush pour a small amount of foundation makeup onto the back of your hand. Pick up the makeup with the brush and then use all the steps described above. Let the makeup dry a little before checking for the makeup lines and correcting them.
Cleaning The Foundation Brush
Every foundation brush must be properly and regularly cleaned after the use. Failing to do so can result in bacterial growth on your brush and some nasty looking face infections and acne breakouts. There are several brands of specially designed foundation brush cleaners and it is recommended that you use same brand brushes and brush cleaners. If you’re find yourself without the brush cleaner or opting for non-branded solution you can use baby shampoo to clean your foundation brush. Just wash the brush’s head with the baby shampoo and rinse. Be sure to completely dry the brush before storing or using it again.
Finding The Best Foundation Brush
Looking for the right foundation brush usually leads to finding the best ones. If you foundation kit doesn’t include any or if the brush included doesn’t suffice your need, you simply need to find one that does. With the help of reviews and expert guidelines, you can find online and getting the best foundation brush will be a breeze. You can find blogs and reviews for foundation brushes from tops brands like M·A·C, BECCA, Chanel, Beauty Blender and others. Expect their products to be littered with reviews thus looking for a good foundation brush from one of these brands could be the best option. If you are opting for cheaper ones, just ensure the quality of the bristles, packaging and so on.