Football equipments are vital in preventing major injuries during football games. These equipments are designed to protect different parts of the body; hence, different designs and materials are used in manufacturing them. These are not only used in games but as well as during practice sessions.
Types of Football Equipment
There are various types of football equipments with specialized functions. These equipments are:
- Football girdle: This girdle is worn underneath the player’s football pants. It is mostly made of a stretchable material to allow efficient mobility for the players but still offering maximum protection. It holds various pads for the butt, hips, thighs and knees. Different manufacturers try to make their girdles stand out from those of their competitors. They make their products very comfortable and add some unique features on them.
- Helmets: These are worn over the player’s heads to avoid getting head and scalp injuries during their practice or during games.
- Mouth Guards: They are worn together with helmets. Their function is to protect the player from getting injuries in their mouth during a fall or accidents.
- Body Suit: These suits are similar to a football girdle that has been made to cover the whole body of the wearer. They are designed with shoulder pads, rib pads as well as thigh pads. They are customized in order for the player to be comfortable when playing the game. This gear is very efficient when worn during the cold season since it can keep the player warm during the practice session or game.
- Gloves, Neck Rolls, Rib Vest and many more.
The quality of these football equipments should be established by evaluating their efficiency and effectiveness in serving their purpose. Since most of the equipments are designed for the protection of the player, the best football equipment should offer maximum protection while not inconveniencing the players at the same time. Some of the items may offer total protection at the expense of the player’s mobility. A quality item should offer optimal mobility of the player.
Ideal football equipment should also be light. Heavy equipments would weigh the player down, thus, slowing them. However, having light equipments should not be achieved at the expense of the protection offered. It is achieved with the material used to design it. Moreover, the additional features of the equipment also define their quality. On the other hand, the price of football equipment increases with the rise in their quality. Start buying these football equipments to have injury-free practices and games.
Putting on football girdles can be very advantageous to the players. This is because they provide protection and safety to the players. Not every player though knows how to put them on. Amateur players especially may get it hard to wear these pads. If you do not wear these girdles well, the protection objective may not be met. That is why you need to know how to wear your sports girdle well for your own protection. The following guide therefore can be helpful to you when you are wearing your girdle.
Guide To Wearing Football Girdles
1.) Locate the correct positions to wear the girdle.
As you know, the girdle is used to hold various football pads to offer protection while you play. Because of this, it is important for you to identify various positions on where the pads are going to fit in. For you to identify these parts, you should make sure that you locate various pad pockets so that you can fit them to the girdle properly.
2.) Place the football pads on specific pockets on the girdle.
After correctly identifying the football pads, you need to put the football pads in each pocket. This process is initiated by the first step of identification of where each pad is going to fit. You need therefore to ensure that every pad goes on to the right pocket of the football girdle so as to create uniformity. This will help in the overall performance of the girdles. If you do not fit them correctly, the function of the girdle may be compromised, which will in turn affect the player’s performance.
3.) Put the girdle on the ground and step into them and finally pull them up.
After you have put the pads to the correct pockets, it is time to put the girdle down on the ground. You should place the girdle on the ground in a manner that the two holes where your legs will go are facing up. After that, you can put on your girdle and pull it up. At this time, you can choose to wear the girdle either on top of your underwear or underneath depending on your preference.
4.) Align girdle to fit in the body parts.
After pulling up your girdle, it is advisable that you make sure that each pad fits into each body part. Again, this is to ensure that you are well supported and comfortable when you are playing. If you do not align these pads correctly to the body parts, it will be uncomfortable to play in them. This can compromise your play.
5.) Put on your playing pants.
The following and final step is to put on your playing pants on top of the football girdles.. Now, you are ready to go to the field and play without fear. When pads are placed in the girdle and worn properly, the protection of the player is assured.
It is important though for you to ensure that you buy the best football girdles for you to get the best service. Buying the best will depend on your size, the brand and even the type of the pads that are going to be used. It is therefore advisable for you to buy girdles based on these considerations to enhance your protection.
Football uniforms were first worn in the 1920s and have evolved over time. Almost every year, the materials and uniforms, changed for the better. The jerseys in the 1920s were made to be very thick, in the 30s the helmet was introduced, and it became compulsory to put it on in a game. In the 60s is when the modern day uniforms came to be designed.
Football America is one company in the US that stocks high quality adult and young adult’s football pants and jerseys. You can get your team custom made football uniforms or stock football uniform. Your team will look great in the field and even motivated to perform better.
Amateur Football Uniforms
College football uniforms are one of the most exciting football uniform choices. Colleges are at times faced with the challenge of getting a fashionable looking football uniform that will leave a mark in the playground. Youth football uniforms are mainly designed to be used by junior footballers. They come in various designs and styles and also sizes.
Football Uniform Set
There are custom football uniforms designed just for your team. You can do this online with helpful applications that will assist you create a design of your choice. You can also place your team emblem, color, graphics that you would like to see on the football uniforms. These uniforms consist of several different parts which are:
- Helmet – This protects the player’s head from serious head injury. A hit on the head can cause concussions and other head injuries to the player. A football helmet has a lining inside that cushion against hard hits. It has a hard plastic that surrounds the inside layer.
- Pads – The rest of the body is also protected from injuries from collision. Shoulder pads are used to absorb most of the shock that occurs during the collision and protects the chest and shoulders. Most collision during a football game is done by the shoulders; therefore, they play an important protective role.
- Jersey – The jersey does not have any protective function but to simply absorb sweat and for identification of a team in the field. This is the main component of every football uniforms.
- Cleats – These allow a player to have a good footing on the field, which prevents injuries that may occur above the ankles.
- Football girdle – This is worn underneath the football pants. They hold the thigh, hip and thigh bone in place.
The main purpose of football uniforms equipment is protection and identification purposes in the field. The equipment is usually made to match with the standards of the football governing body. The above football uniform equipment must be worn correctly in order to protect the player from harm.
In any sport, the comfort of the player contributes a great deal to the kind of game played. A comfortable player is bound to play better as compared to an uncomfortable one. Material like Lycra and nylon in this case is quite comfortable, durable and flexible. Apart from comfort, durability is another factor that should be considered when selecting material for football pants because of the nature of the sport, which is rough.
Getting Sufficient Protection
Football pants with pads are a better kind of pants as they guarantee the player safety and fewer chances of fatal injuries. Apart from that physical aspect of protection, these pads on football pants play a mental role in giving confidence to the player and encouraging assertiveness and aggressiveness in the game hence better playing. These pads fit under the player’s uniform and are usually for the shoulders and chest. For further protection in a football game, the football girdle is another major requirement. This equipment is responsible for protecting a player from injuries as a result of hits or tackles and bad falls and at the same time serve to wick sweat and moisture away from the body of the football player hence giving comfort to its wearer during the game.
Football Pants According to Age
Youth football pants tend to have a lot of prints and bold graphics to instil confidence and a sense of pride in the game as well as their team. The football pants for the youthful players also tend to be quite stylish. Adult football pants, on the other hand, are more just for protection and body covering than anything else. These pants tend to be plainly coloured, with minimal graphics if any painted on them. Style is the least of all the concerns of these players during the game.
How to Put Pads in Football Pants
Football pants are not complete when they lack the protective pads that prevent injuries. Some pants are bought with these pads already sewn in whereas others do not have these pads. Those bought without can easily be fitted with the pads. The following are simple procedures one should follow when trying to put pads in football pants:
- Sew pockets on the inner lining of your football pants, especially on the front side, paying particular attention to the knee area.
- Stuff the sewn pockets with cushion material to provide for a soft landing in the case of a fall.
- Close the pockets by sewing them shut
Some of the top brands of football pants found in the market today include the following: Nike, Rawlings, Russell, Mc David and Champro. Football pants are essential in a game of football thus care should be taken when purchasing them.
There are many sports that require proper protection like football girdles. Football is a very popular game yet very hard contact. One must prepare his body and mind for the game. If you are not well prepared, you are likely to get injuries. In a hard contact games like this, proper gear is a safety requirement.
What Is Football Girdle?
Football girdle is the body protection worn by football athletes during the game. It is placed under their pants. It is a heavily padded tight support for the femur, coccyx, and the waist. The femur or the longest bone on your legs is very prone from breakage during running and sudden bumping. Coccyx is the last vertebra on your vertebral column. It is like a tail but unlike the lower forms of animals, human tails are not extended. It is very sensitive because it is packed with nerve endings. A forceful blow on it might cause serious damage. The waist bone or the pelvic bone is not as hard as the femur. It needs a lot of support because it houses many organs like the reproductive organs and some digestive organs. Football girdle provides cushion and shield from falling and bumping.
Common Uses And Benefits
Football girdle has a lot of benefits to the wearer than you ever realized. Here is the list of common benefits of the girdle.
- Tight fit – keeping the muscles intact in a tight fit will prevent the legs to cramp. It will make the athlete play more effectively, run more speedily and perform very well. It also prevents the cloth to scratch the skin so, the skin will be safe from chaffing and wound made by loose clothing.
- It supports the athlete’s privates from bumping and muscle stress from running.
- It makes you maintain proper posture. The band on the waist and the pelvic area will make you stand taller. It can also help you arch your back on the right angle which makes the muscles around your waist more relaxed and your back, less strained.
- Football girdle with pads holds muscles and bones in place when the action starts at the field. During a football game, anything can happen, from minor injury to broken bones. Padded football girdle are the best gear to minimize injury.
- Youth football girdle are designed in such a way that a young kid can play and be protected at the same time. It comes in a size that fits a young kid very well. It keeps the lower portion of the torso compressed for muscle toning and fast recovery from fatigue.
Types Of Football Girdle
- There are many types of football girdles available in the market today. The best seller is the under armor 6-pocket men’s football girdle in black. Football athletes love this model because it gives maximum protection. The pads are not so protruded and the texture fits well on the skin. It is like their second skin.
- Another famous type is the high padded girdle with HexPad innovation. The HexPad cools the skin and keeps the moisture away so that it will be free from chaffing and breakage.
- The impact padded football girdle has a shiny black texture and fits very well. The pads have crevices on them that work as a cushion and shield the bones from hard impacts.
The popular brands of football girdles are McDavid’s HexPad which is a favorite among college varsity football players. Shock Doctor Shockskin 3+2 impact padded football girdle, Ridell, Schutt, Adams USA and Douglas are among the top brands. When you shop for football girdle, look for something that compresses your muscles, protects your hip bones and tail with heavy pads and fits well to your skin.
When you engage yourself in a heavy rough game like football, you must prepare your mind, body and soul for the war on the field. If you fail to get fit and be tough, you will be seriously injured. Proper exercise, body toning and safety gears are very crucial for a game like football. Football girdle provides you the protection that you need for your hip bones down to your femurs.