The dilemma of brewed coffee vs instant coffee has been around for a while now. Each of the two coffee making options seems to have merits and demerits. Here are some benefits and down sides of each of the two varieties. They should help you determine the best choice for you.
The health benefits of taking coffee
Coffee has been found to have very many health benefits. The most important of these are as follows.
- Coffee helps boost your mood: coffee contains chemicals that always relay happy messages to the brain. As a result, a good cup of coffee will make you feel happier if you were feeling moody or sad.
- Coffee will give you headache relief. A good cup of well-made coffee is always very effective against headaches. As for the issue of brewed coffee vs instant coffee, both have an effect in reducing headache.
- It contains antioxidants: the body tends to accumulate a lot of free radicals. These can lead to a lot of health complications. One of the worst results of free radicals in the body is cancer. If you want to keep cancer at bay, whether you buy the brewed coffee vs instant coffee dilemma or not, coffee will help you.
- Helps keep you awake and alert. If you are interested in burning the midnight oil or simply want to be alert, then you need a regular cup of coffee. Coffee has chemicals that help the mind to stay alert for long. A good cup in the morning will increase your productivity at the workplace.
- Helps you lose weight. Coffee has the effect of boosting the body’s metabolism and keeping you active especially in the morning. It has also been shown to help burn off the calories. You just need to make the coffee right and you will be well on your way to a healthier physique.
- Coffee helps reduce asthma. All medication that is meant for asthma usually contains a high amount of caffeine. This means that coffee might be a natural anti-asthma medication.
All these and many more are the health benefits of taking a good cup of coffee. However there is still an argument on brewed vs instant coffee. In terms of the health benefits, both types generally give the same results. However, there are some advantages of brewed and instant coffee.
Brewed coffee is usually stronger than instant coffee. This means that it will contain more of the active ingredients such as flavanoids and caffeine. Brewed coffee will therefore, keep you alert for longer and have more effect in improving your health. If you get a good coffee urn brewing good coffee will be made much easier.
When you brew coffee, you have control over how strong you want it. This means that you get to determine exactly how you want your coffee to taste. On the other hand, with the instant coffee where you take what has been made.
The most important benefit of instant coffee is that it takes less time and experience to make. You just need hot water, the coffee and other choice ingredients to get it ready. With the brewed coffee you have to know how to brew and to have time for brewing to the perfect taste.
In conclusion, the question of brewed coffee vs instant coffee is very hard to answer. Factors like time, health condition of the user and personal preferences come into play when choosing. But if you invest in some good coffee urns, getting a good cup of either won’t be so hard.
What is Kopi Luwak and why is it so popular? The distinct exotic taste of this coffee made it so famous around the world. Its first time consumers could be surprised to know that what their drinking came from the feces of an animal called Asian Palm Civet or Paradoxurus hermaphroditus.
A civet has the skill to choose and eat the best coffee bean. This mammal processes the coffee bean in its digestive track. The coffee bean is released by the civet in the form of feces after all the chemical reactions that it undergone. The properties of a processed civet bean are blends and cultivars of Robusta, Excelsa, Arabica, Liberica as well as other type of beans and berries that a civet loves to eat.
How Farmers Complete the Process
The processed civet coffee or Kopi Luwak is collected by specific farmers. The farmers will wash the beans thoroughly, dry them under the sun, and then they are ready to be packed. Farmers shall now import the finished product in many countries around the globe including the top consumers of this coffee which are South Korea, Japan and Taiwan.
The majority of the production of Kopi Luwak and supply comes from Indonesia. Some production of this coffee is also cited in the Philippines, East Timor and Vietnam.
Why Is Kopi Luwak Expensive?
Its rarity, low production, smoothness and great taste made its selling price higher than any other type of expensive coffees. Kopi Luwak also have strong and long lasting flavors due to the mixing of different types of berries and beans within its components. Roasting this coffee lightly will release a strong pleasant smell that definitely adds a complement to its taste. The price can be up to $160 per pound, which is very expensive for coffee. However, those who have tasted this product said it is totally worth the price.
Coffee Urns for Kopi Luwak
Having the best and most expensive coffee throughout the globe might require a coffee urn to serve a big batch of Kopi Luwak fanatics. A coffee urn can certainly save time on making coffee for the whole family or to a group of friends. This brewer varies in size so an individual can definitely choose from the right urn for his or her specific event. There are available urns that can make up to 100 cups of coffee. A coffee urn can also keep the coffee warm to the last drop so an individual will not need to heat the coffee again.
Nevertheless, spending an outrageous amount for an extremely rare and great coffee is worth to try. What counts is the experience in trying the distinct taste of Kopi Luwak and not its price. In addition, the buyer must be sure that it is real or authentic, that is, it should be without any other coffee beans rather than those processed by the civet. This is the reason why it is very advisable to seek a credible dealer. Anyone who wants to purchase this product online should also find a seller with an excellent credibility rating to make sure of the pureness and authenticity of the product.
Coffee pods, also known as single serve coffee pods, are coffee beans that come with filters to serve you a single cup of coffee. They should be used with a coffee pod brewer only. You need to be careful since these coffee pods can’t be used with the regular coffee urns or coffee makers. They are not that popular compared with coffee bags. They are gaining popularity slowly and are commonly used in offices right now. However, you can still use them at home.
Coffee pods are highly convenient for many reasons. There is no worry of buying filters and coffee grounds separately. Accidentally adding excess coffee grounds can be avoided since these pods are already pre-weighed. The taste of every cup of coffee brewed from a coffee pod is consistent. However, the fun of making coffee is deprived when you use coffee pods and coffee pod brewers. Making a stronger or weaker coffee is not possible. This disadvantage is only true for some people. Most of them are actually going for coffee pods now.
Here are some essentials about coffee pods.
- The manufacturers: Any coffee brewer making company can make these pods but the top companies that make the best pods are Tassimo coffee pods and Folgers coffee pods.
- The expenses: The price range of coffee pods is $10 to $35 depending on the brand and if how many packs are there in one box. The number of packs in a box can vary from 3 packs to 18 packs of coffee pods. This price range can be a bit expensive for most people. For a better deal, you can look online for a price within your budget. There are several online stores that offers discounted coffee pods. Be careful about the site you make your purchase and the brand.
- Coffee capsule is different from coffee pods because they are packed using aluminium and not filters. It is brand specific; hence, it can’t be used with other coffee maker or coffee pod brewer brands.
- Patterned from tea bags, coffee bags were created for to have instant coffee without sacrificing the taste of the brewed coffee. The difference of tea bags from coffee pods is the mixture of roasted coffee and instant coffee is packed in a gauze bag.
Now that you know the applications, expenses and convenience of these coffee pods, making your choice will be easier. Make sure you go through reviews and feedback from previous customers online for a clearer picture. Invest if you think these pods are worth it.
Once the coffee is brewed, you have to be careful about the coffee mugs or coffee urns (coffee receptacles for large gatherings) you choose to pour the coffee. It influences the taste of your coffee. There are numerous types of coffee mugs in the market today.
Types of Coffee Mugs
The types of mugs depend on the materials used.
- Ceramic Mugs: These are considered as the best coffee mugs and are inexpensive. This is mainly because ceramic mugs are usually made up of porcelain. Porcelain is very smooth and non-porous; hence, you don’t need to worry about the chemicals used in making the mug to leak into your coffee. Because it is smooth, it is also very easy to clean. When you make your purchase, be sure to pick the mug that has been especially made for drinking coffee.
- Glass Mugs: These are admirable coffee mugs but are less popular than ceramic mugs. They have a low insulating capacity. The best part of this mug is that they look sophisticated after pouring the coffee.
- Stainless Steel Mugs: These are preferred only by a few because many have claimed that the metallic taste mixes into their coffee. They are desired by most people and are of great use since stainless steel does not break compared to glass and ceramic mugs. Stainless steel coffee mugs found in the market today comes with excellent insulating capacity. It also comes with a lid to keep your coffee hot longer and to avoid any spillage. Travel coffee mugs are a popular variant of this stainless steel mugs.
- Other types: There are also coffee mugs that are made out of plastic, paper and Styrofoam. These are least preferred by people because the chemicals from the cups seep into the coffee. These chemicals do not only spoil the taste but are also harmful to health and the environment.
Even if you are not a coffee fan, you can find many applications of coffee mugs. They are excellent gifts and promotional products for companies. These days, companies are going for custom coffee mugs with their logo printed on them. You can also look for tips on how to create personalized coffee mugs online for your friends or loved ones. The process is either to paint the mug or to add a picture on it. To imprint the picture, a special ink and dye is used. If you are not comfortable with painting and adding pictures, you can add decorative stuff like ribbons and stickers. Flowers and chocolates can also be used to decorate the coffee mugs.
When buying a coffee mug, check the quality of the materials used and the presence of breaks or cracks on it. Search on online stores for discounted or bulk purchasing of coffee mugs. Know what coffee mug you desire and give your coffee a container that amplifies its taste.
Coffee urns might not be something you hear a lot. This is so unlike with the familiar sound of coffee makers. This you can hear a lot and can already imagine what it can do even without personally seeing one. Coffee urns are actually huge coffee makers as well as coffee container. This is often used at special occasions serving a number of guests.
Understanding Coffee Makers
A coffee urn is a coffee maker. However, there are bunch of other coffee makers in the market. Understanding what they can do will help in identifying coffee urns main use.
- Traditional Drip – This will make around four to twelve cups of brewed coffee with glass or thermal carafe.
- Single Use – brew a cup of coffee using coffee pods placed in a basket with water coming from its reservoir drips. This can be use for teas, lattes, herbal beverages.
- Percolator – this will brew coffee by making the water pass through the coffee grounds. The water maybe boiled in a separate chamber using pressure or gravity until it reaches the coffee grounds. However this coffee maker has been supplanted when drip coffee maker and French press came into the market giving more brewed coffee quality.
- Coffee machine – this can brew different type of coffees like espresso, lattes and cappuccino. This are often used commercially making specialty coffees.
- French coffee press – this will brew coffee by pouring the boiled water into the coffee grounds inside the press.
Features Of Coffee Urns
What makes coffee urn very different among the other types of coffee makers is that it does not only brew coffee, it serves as coffee receptacle keeping the coffee warm so much like an airtight carafes. Of course, carafes do not make coffee like coffee urns since it only keeps coffee warm. Coffee urns are also used in catering events that often serve quite a number of people. The spigots of coffee urns also make serving coffee to a lot of people easy. So basically, coffee urn is different because of these three capabilities:
- Convenience in serving coffee to a lot of people
- Brewing a lot of coffee at a time
- Keeping the brewed coffee warm for hours
How Coffee Urns Work?
Coffee urns can brew up to 100 cups of coffee, depending on its size. A small coffee urn used at home can serve brewed coffee 10 to 20 cups at a time. One of the advantages in using coffee urn is that you don’t have to make coffee pots over again. It can also keep warm brewed coffee inside for hours without burning it.
Coffee urn made use of a method call percolation that is responsible of keeping the coffer inside it warm without burning. The method filters coffee grounds that resulted from boiling the water. The filtered coffee will then go to the coffee urn receptacle or container area.
Coffee Urns Uses
As mentioned, coffee urns are used to prepare brewed coffee for large gatherings. There are professional class coffee urns with quality spigot at its bottom to pour coffee out. Cheap coffee urn has spigot that are hard to turn off. Commercial coffee urns are commercially used in restaurants or in a catering establishment. These are often large urns that can brew gallons of coffee with extra thermostat feature to brew coffee quickly. Number of cups to serve depends on the coffee urns manufacturers.
- Coffee urns can also come with light indicator. This will tell if the coffee is already brewed. The coffee urn will then automatically decrease its temperature enough to keep the brewed coffee warm.
- Today’s coffee urns also come with water indicator. This will show the water level or the amount of coffee inside it.
- Coffee urns can also be made in different materials like the stainless steel coffee urns and the aluminum coffee urns. Coffee urn like the West Bend coffee urns are often made from aluminum and stainless steel designed to use in buffet, break rooms, cafes and lounges.
- Coffee urns today come with base that is heat resistant.
- There are also two way drips models to maximize its serving capability.
With these features, coffee urns will certainly improve the kitchen or dining experience at home.