Holding a cocktail party is easy and less stressful with proper organization and appropriate equipments. And if you have gathered all the proper elements that you need, enjoyment and good times are guaranteed to be achieved with your group of friends, colleagues, family, or clients. Cocktail party is a very versatile occasion that can be done at any time of the day – may it be in the middle of the afternoon until late hours in the evening.
These tips will help you get ideas on how to make cocktails, frosting glass rims, and preparing finger foods that you can serve in your next cocktail party.
COCKTAIL PARTY ORGANIZATION TIPS
- It is a wonderful entertainment for the guests if you are able to show them how the drinks are mixed. However, if you are to make them on your own alone, it may be a little time-consuming. So if you cannot afford to hire professional bartenders to do the job for you in the party, it is best and easier for you to serve only few types of drinks to the guests.
- As for cocktail drinks, it is ideal that you choose punch type of drinks like Champagne or Sangria punch placed in a large bowl. In this manner, the guests can get the drinks by themselves.
COCKTAIL PARTY EQUIPMENTS
- Typically, you will need at least one cocktail shaker to help you mix juices and other drinks better. A cocktail shaker also drains the mixture while it is poured in the glass.
- Cocktail drink measures may also be useful to you for more accurate measurements of ingredients needed for the drinks.
- You will also need a blender to crush the ice for you as drinks are better-tasting and it is a prerequisite that you serve them with ice.
- Fruits add instant appeal and colors to your cocktails so having a fruit slicer or cutters with styles can be a good investment when preparing drinks for your guests.
GLASS RIM FROSTING
Using frosted glasses for serving drinks adds an instant professional appeal to them. Glass rim frosting is absolutely easy to do. All you have to do is dip the glass rim into lemon juice or iced water and then into caster sugar, while turning the glass to achieve an even coating of the sugar.
FINGER FOODS AND SNACKS PREPARATION
Finger foods are a must-have in order to create a successful cocktail party. Guests at cocktail parties are supposedly standing so make sure to serve a buffet of finger foods in a place where your guests can easily pick snacks any time they want.
- Prepare foods that have different texture, color, and flavor to add variety into them. Also make sure that you prepare the foods prior to the schedule of the party.
- You should also create dips as finger foods are typically fried. And when it comes to dips, a cocktail sauce always go well with any drink served in a cocktail party.
- Some good staples which you could also serve are bowls of cashews, salted almonds, peanuts, olives, pistachios, and pickles. These can be prepared ahead and left in any room so that the guests will be able to get these by themselves.
Because of the popularity of cocktails nowadays, there has been different versions and ingredients that we could choose from in making one. However, most of us still crave for the classic cocktail experience wherein the true taste of cocktails and mixed drinks is unleashed.
Cocktails are defined as drinks that composed of different kinds of spirits, water, sugar, and bitters. It is usually served short and on the rocks. Below are some examples of classic cocktail recipes that will remind you of the cocktails mixes you used to love.
CLASSIC COCKTAIL RECIPES
Dry Martini Cocktail
Ingredients that you will need:
- 2 and 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 lemon twist or olive (for garnishing)
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- Orange bitters (or other bitters of your choice)
1) In a mixing glass, place some ice cubes and pour the ingredients into it.
2) Mix and shake for 30 seconds.
3) Drain and pour contents into a cocktail glass filled with ice cubes.
4) Next, add in a dash of orange or other bitters of your choice.
5) Make your cocktail more appealing by garnishing it with either lemon twist or olive.
Ingredients that you will need:
- 1/2 ounce of sweet vermouth
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- Maraschino cherries (for garnishing)
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
1) Pour all of the liquid ingredients into a mixing glass filled with just the right amount of ice.
2) Mix until well-blended.
3) Drain and pour contents into your favorite chilled cocktail glass.
4) Top with cherries and serve.
You will need:
- 1/4 ounce Maraschino liquer
- 2 ounces of gin
- 3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
- A dash of Angostura bitters
- A lemon twist (for garnishing)
- Pour all the liquid ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Mix until well-blended.
- Drain and pour into a glass chilled with ice cubes of your choice.
- Twist the lemon and drop it over the mixed drink.
- Serve cold.
You will need:
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 3 ounces rye whiskey
- A dash of Peychaud bitters
- Absinthe or any substitute
- Lemon twist (for garnishing)
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and let it sit while you prepare for the rest of the ingredients.
- Get a separate mixing glass and mix the Peychaud bitters and simple syrup together into it.
- Pour the rye whiskey into the mixture and mix well.
- Drain the whiskey mixture and pour contents of the mixing glass into the cubed-glass.
- Get the lemon twist and garnish the glass filled with the Sarezac cocktail.
TIP: Most bartenders suggest squeezing the lemon over the drink to add citrusy flavor into it. However, it is not suggested that the lemon twist be dropped into the drink itself. And if you want something to go along with your favorite classic cocktails, it is always great to prepare delicious finger foods that you can share with your friends and family. And of course, we do not want it to be dry so this is the time when we need to prepare nice and delicious dips.
Try the cocktail sauce recipe below and you’ll see that it is the best partner your cocktail could have.
COCKTAIL SAUCE RECIPE
You will need:
- 1/2 tsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 2 tbsp white horseradish (drained well)
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and serve immediately with cooked seafood or any finger food of your choice. For leftovers, it can be stored in the refrigerator for as long as 1 week.
Sauces give flavor to otherwise boring dishes. Cocktail sauce is a kind of sauce stored at either room or cold temperatures served as a condiment with marine foods like crustaceans, mollusks, fish and echinoderms. You might have question as to how to make cocktail sauce?
Cocktail sauce is made in combination with horseradish, a plant family that includes broccoli, mustard, wasabi and cabbage. Different parts of world have different methodologies involved in preparing cocktail sauce. As in the United States, Cocktail sauce is ketchup-based, while that in continents like Australia, United Kingdom, France, and Ireland, cocktail sauce is a combination of ketchup and mayonnaise. While in Belgium, dash of alcohol is also added to cocktail sauce.
Popularly, cocktail sauce is served with crustaceans like shrimps and one of the most popular dish prepared using cocktail sauce is shrimp cocktail sauce. How to make shrimp cocktail sauce? It is very easy and convenient to make shrimp cocktail sauce at home. In order to understand the final dish of shrimp cocktail sauce, we should first know how to make cocktail sauce.
Shrimp Cocktail Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup Ketchup
- ½ cup horseradish
- Few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pepper and salt as per taste
- Take a large mixer bowl. Mix ketchup, horseradish, and Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice in the bowl. As per the requirement one can add horseradish to make the cocktail sauce mild or spicy.
- 2. Add salt and pepper as required. Put the bowl on mixer and blend the ingredients well.
- 3. Take out the cocktail sauce mixture in a large bowl and cover the bowl with sandwich paper.
- Allow the sauce to cool in refrigerator. The other reason to put the cocktail sauce in refrigerator is to enhance its taste.
- 5. Once cool and well blended, serve the cocktail sauce and garnish it with lemon slices.
Now when it is clear as to how to make homemade cocktail sauce, it is time to concentrate on basic recipe – Shrimp cocktail sauce. Shrimp cocktail is the perfect party menu dish. It is easy to cook and can be stored for longer duration. Serve the cocktail sauce in a fancy candy dish and hang the shrimps on the edges of the dish. This is all about how to make cocktail sauce and shrimp cocktail sauce.
More Tips on How to Make Cocktail Sauce
- It is always better to eat fresh sauces instead of going in for packed sauce because on one hand packed sauces are full of preservatives and on the other hand homemade sauces taste great and can be cooked or prepared in no time with pre-planned ingredients on hand.
- Other Seafood like fish served with cocktail sauce as an accompaniment, taste well.
- How to make seafood cocktail sauce? The recipe remains the same, no matter what ingredient you use for it.
- Minor changes in the recipe on how to make cocktail sauce, can actually make you learn different versions of cocktail sauce popular in different regions of the world but with ketchup and horseradish as the basic ingredients.
Shrimp cocktail sauce recipe is something that every woman wants to get her hands on. It is a great cocktail sauce dish and is perfect for family occasions. Most of us had this delicacy in restaurants and thought what a great dish it is and only a master chef can make this. But when you learn the recipe for the cocktail sauce for shrimp you realize that it is not that difficult to make. You can easily make it at home and serve your friends and family with a mouth watering delicacy.
The best thing about this shrimp cocktail sauce recipe is that it can be made at a very short notice. If your in-laws call you and tell you they are coming for dinner in a few hours then this is the best dish to make. The ingredients are few, the instructions easy and it can be prepared very quickly. You do not have to make any special arrangements for the recipe for cocktail sauce for shrimp.
Easy Shrimp Cocktail Sauce Recipe
Here is an easy cocktail sauce recipe that would give you clear instructions on how to make the shrimp cocktail sauce at home. Follow the instructions and you will have this wonder dish ready. It would really be finger licking good. Here is a recipe for shrimp cocktail sauce. It is ideal for six servings and takes 13 mins to be ready, 10 mins for preparing and 3 mins for cooking.
- Kosher Salt
- 1 Lemon
- Two pounds shrimp(in shell), about 2 pounds in weight(30 in number)
- Half cup tomato ketchup
- half cup chilli sauce(green)
- 3 tablespoon of horseraddish(prepared)
- Fresh lemon juice of about 2 teaspoons
- Half teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- Quarter teaspoon of hot Tabasco sauce
These instructions are the secret to making the best shrimp cocktail sauce recipe. Follow these easy steps and you will be the proud cook of the most delicious shrimp cocktail sauce delicacy you have ever tasted.
The instructions are as follows:
1) Take a decently large pot and add water to it. Now add salt according to your taste in the water. Prepare a salty water solution and boil it.
2) Now cut a lemon in half and add it to the pot of boiling hot salty water.
3) Now it is time to add the shrimp. Add the shrimp and cook it uncovered for 3 mins only. Your main aim is to get the shrimps cooked through and through.
4) Once cooked remove the shrimps with the help of a spoon and place them into a bowl of cold water.
5) When the shrimps are cold enough, it is time to peel them. Also you have keep them cold until it is time to serve.
6) Now to prepare the cocktail sauce by mixing all the sauces mentioned in the ingredients. Combine the ketchup, chilli sauce, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and the hot sauce. The cocktail sauce is ready.
7) Dip the shrimps into the cocktail sauce and garnish according to your taste if you want. Your very own shrimp cocktail sauce recipe is prepared and ready to serve.
You can serve in a round crystal bowl with the shrimps hanging on the round edge of the bowl and dipping heavenly into the cocktail sauce.
Do you wish you had an endless supply of cocktail sauce recipes? A lot of people wish they had this and that is why you need to do whatever you can to get more cocktail sauce recipes. You don’t want to be serving the same cocktail sauce over and over again and providing more than just one option is also a good idea. Whether you are going to do a homemade cocktail sauce or buy it from the store doesn’t matter, what matters is that you are enhancing your typical eating experience with a new or a variety of cocktail sauces.
Shrimp cocktail is one of the most common cocktail sauce recipes out there, particularly the Mexican shrimp cocktail sauce recipe with its tangy and spicy twist. The nice thing about this recipe is that you can get everything in your local grocery store and it won’t cost you a lot of money. What a lot of people fear is that a shrimp cocktail is going to cost them more than an entire meal but that is not always the case. Just know what you are buying and if you need to look around for a different recipe for cocktail sauce. It would be better if you make your own cocktail sauce and have it just the way you want which is actually very simple.
Where To Find New Cocktail Sauce Recipes
Online – One of the first places you should look for new cocktail sauce recipes would be the internet. The reason why you should look online before you look anywhere else is because there are always great and new cocktail sauce recipes online that you might not find anywhere else. Its easy to find special cocktail sauce recipes online which are from top chefs in the food industry to simple moms at home. You can easily take their recipes and modify them a little bit to create something of your own.
Local Media – Another great place to find new recipes is on your typical media access like TV shows, magazines, cookbooks and other publications. The best part about getting a recipe off these sources is that it is probably from a professional and highly reputed chef and if that is the case, then you are assured that this recipe already tastes good. A lot of people change recipes before they even try them but when you are getting a recipe from a professional chef, then you might want to think about trying it before you make any adjustments.
Friends – If you want a new cocktail sauce recipe, then getting one from a friend of family member would be a great idea. A lot of people don’t think about doing this but you should really try it. You never know what kind of great recipes your friends and family have until you ask them so why not do it.
There are a lot of different cocktail sauce recipes that you can choose from so it is highly recommended that you try a few of them out and then choose your favorite ones. If you are just like most other people and prefer a regular shrimp cocktail sauce, then that is fine but just know that there are other types of cocktail sauce out there that you might like even more. Until you try all the different cocktail sauces you won’t know which one is the best so keep on trying different ones until you fall in love with one for good. So tickle your taste buds and try different cocktail sauce recipes and make your meals even more fun and interesting.