It is up to the bride to choose the bridesmaid dresses. Whether you take the advice of your bridesmaids or shop on your own is up to you. It would be ideal if you shopped for these dresses earlier so that you don’t face problems at the last moment. You should shop around a little in order to get the best deal.
- Types: When you purchase bridesmaid dresses, you should keep all the types of dresses in mind. You should consider sleeves, silhouettes, necklines, color, length and fabric.
- Among the fabrics are chiffon, silk, lace, faille, and satin. You can choose other options too such as a beautiful silver sequin dress.
- The length should be according to the style of the wedding. For example, a cocktail length dress is ideal for a beach wedding. If the wedding is formal, you should go for floor length dresses. You should also consult the bridesmaids about this because they may not be comfortable in a particular length. Remember that their comfort matters the most.
- Among necklines are sweetheart neckline, halter neckline, square neckline, and scoop neckline. Again you can talk to your bridesmaids about their preferences.
- There are numerous colors for you to choose from such as purple bridesmaid dresses but you should make sure the color is in sync with the theme of your wedding.
- You may choose a strapless dress or you may choose dresses with sleeves. Cap sleeves and poet sleeves are the best choices. Cap sleeves cover only the shoulders while the poet sleeves go right down to the wrists.
- Etiquette: Before going out to shop, you should talk to your bridesmaids to know their budget and their style. Taking them along with you is a great idea. You should always keep the budget in mind because these dresses could indeed cost a lot. If you like, you can just select the color for your bridesmaids and let them choose the style of their dress such as vintage bridesmaid dresses.
- Purchasing: You can buy bridesmaid dresses at national chains, boutiques or bridal stores. All bridesmaids should buy the dresses from the same store to make sure the color matches evenly. If you are looking for cheap bridesmaid dresses, you can also look online for available choices.
Thus, buying these dresses is pretty easy if you give it the time and effort. Make sure you shop early so that you give the bridesmaids enough time to check various stores and pick out the best.
Bridesmaid dresses are just as important as the bride’s wedding gown. After all, bridesmaids are the ones who add beauty and grace to the wedding and also add beauty to the altar where the rings are exchanged and vows made. In order to make your wedding day memorable, you must concentrate on the designs, colors and patterns of the bridesmaid dresses along with the other preparations. As they are the flower bearers in the wedding, it is important to make them look as good as the bride. The bridesmaids play a very vital role in your lovely wedding. Hence, one must strive very hard to make this rare occasion as unforgettable and delightful as one can. Since the bridesmaids share the stage with the bride and groom, they have all the right to look as splendid as them.
How to Get Bridesmaid Dresses
If you are planning a wedding on a tight budget, you need not worry because cheap yet gorgeous bridesmaid dresses are available in abundance. Besides all the glitz and glamour, it is also important to take equal control of your financial budget. Hence, buying cheap bridesmaid dresses that are inexpensive but still extremely beautiful is a great option. Since the number of bridesmaids in a wedding can be at least around five to six, the lovely bride has to order for dresses which are not just exquisite, but also reasonably priced. The best way to avail such breathtaking dresses is by looking out for discounts on these dresses or by looking for online coupons from retail stores. Such shops can surprise you with their quality and exclusive pieces of cloth to create elegant bridesmaid dresses or they can offer readymade bridesmaid dresses.
Types of Bridesmaid’s Dresses
Vera Wang bridesmaid dresses are famous for their unique style and patterns and have surprised many a wedding couples with their beautiful collection. They are one of the most favored choices. The bride can also take a look at one of the graceful Badgley Mischka dresses collection. There are many designs, patterns, colors and materials to choose from even in the Badgley Mischka bridesmaid dresses.
Halter neck dresses are also a different but beautiful bridesmaid dress idea. To add a tinge of contemporary style, you can even try out the twist wrap style. For this style, you would be using matte jersey fabric. This fabric is very convenient as it will fulfill the design demands of every bridesmaid. As this fabric is stretchable, one can create full sleeves, short sleeves, strapless and almost any design that they desire. Dresses which are short and off-sleeves are the most common ones. In order to make them look unique and classy, indulge in loud and traditional accessories.
Best Materials To Use for Bridesmaid Dresses
Weddings are supposed to be fun not only for the couple, but also for the guests and the entire entourage. One would not want to spoil the fun for her bridesmaids with uncomfortable dresses. Here are some materials that are best suited to have for bridesmaid dresses.
- Cotton is the best fabric to choose for junior bridesmaid dresses, as it is very cool and windy. So, the little flower bearer would not be uncomfortable while doing her duties.
- Chiffon is one fabric which is a wedding favorite. This fabric is so versatile, that it suits every body type.
- Lace and chiffon are a great combination for bridesmaid dresses.
- Silk is a fabric which is being used from a very long time in the history of weddings. Its glossy texture enhances the assets of a woman’s curvaceous body.
Ribbon, plain nets, wide laces, patterned fabrics and plain fabrics can all be used to stitch out an awe-inspiring bridesmaid dress. Hence, a combination of a good quality fabric and an exceptional design can create beautiful bridesmaid dresses, which are beyond perfection and elegance.
Bridesmaid dresses are outfits meant for young woman who are going to accompany bride in her wedding party. They are someone whom the bride wants to be with her during her wedding bash. Bridesmaids can be a close friend, relative, sister or even a close colleague. Young and unmarried women are normally selected to be a part of bridesmaid group.
Bridesmaids usher the bride during her marriage preparations, planning and all through her wedding ceremony to make her feel comfortable, confident, cheerful and to make sure that all the requirements of a wedding party are met. All these make bridesmaids a vital part of wedding party and so it is important that bridesmaid dresses are selected taking into consideration the choice of bride herself.
Considerations to Make in Choosing Bridesmaid Dresses
- The style, color and look of bridesmaid dress should compliment the bride’s wedding dress and it should not take over the command in the wedding by overshadowing the bride’s attire.
- Look for the pattern that can go well with bridesmaids having different shapes and sizes and even go in for dresses that can be reusable by them on some other occasions.
- As several number of bridesmaid dresses are to be purchased in selected budget, think for options that can offer cheap bridesmaid dresses.
- Make sure that the dress is comfortable to bridesmaid as bridesmaid are there to accompany bride in doing some odd jobs during her wedding party
Once the decision about the type of dress for bridesmaid has been taken, it is time to go in for actual shopping which calls for finding different brands both known and unknown who can offer variety of bridesmaid dresses at a reasonable price.
Well-Known Designers of Bridesmaid Dresses
Junior Bridesmaid Dresses
- Some of the known designers offering dress for young girls being member of bridesmaid group include Dessy, Bill Levkoff, Forever Yours, Alexia Designs, Watters,Bari Jay and Eden Bridals.
Classic-Style Bridesmaid Dresses
- Some of the known designers offering perfect dresses for bridesmaids include After Six, Alfred Angelo, Alfred Sung, Impression Bridal, Jordan Moments, Lela Rose, Mori Lee, Social Bridesmaids, Venus and Vera Wang bridesmaid dresses.
Destination-Based Bridesmaid Dresses
Nowadays, weddings are organized on the basis of theme and such theme based weddings need different kind of treatment especially the outfits need to match the theme and the surroundings.
- Destination based weddings call in for popular beach or holiday destinations to hold wedding party and likewise bridesmaid dresses need to match the same.
- Some of the known designers can manage to design holiday dresses for women that can be worn by bridesmaid if a wedding is planned on a beach or popular holiday destination.
Bridesmaid dresses chosen taking into account the style and theme of the wedding party can make the party rock and can also make your wedding the most memorable occasion of your life.