Stainless steel vs. Aluminum is one big debate that has been with us for a long period of time. These two are very essential as they are used for most activities in the household. It is important that one chooses the best between the two depending on the purpose. Some items are best in aluminum while others are good when in stainless steel.
Stainless Steel vs. Aluminum: Notable Comparisons
- Weight – the aluminum items tend to be a bit lighter than those made from stainless steel. The stainless steel is heavier and can be used to make items that come in contact with heat. Household items like the cooking pans and cutleries.
- Cost– the stainless steel is more expensive than the aluminum. The stainless steel polish makes these items even more expensive than the common steel. They are smoothly polished and appear shinier.
- Durability– they are both durable though the stainless steel appear to last longer than the aluminum items. Stainless steel items are stronger and can withstand high temperatures than those made of aluminum. Steel is a stronger metal and unlike aluminum it is more resistant to damage and dents.
- Safety– the stainless steel does not leach and they are mostly safe. That is one of the reasons why most of the household items and silverwares are made of aluminum. The household items made up of aluminum have been lined to prevent the metal from leaching. The leaching may be harmful to humans and the reason why the aluminum is less common in household.
Stainless steel vs. aluminum can be argued both ways as each one has its use. They both have different purposes though can be used interchangeably one works best in certain areas. The aluminum can be used in making foils while the stainless steel is used for silverwares and kitchen items.
Stainless Steel Vs Aluminum: Significant Factors
- Heat conduction– aluminum conducts heat faster than the stainless steel. The steel is considered though the best for cooking. The household items that are made of steel have a stronger cooking base that the aluminum items.
- The stainless steel do get rust and it is very important that they are well dried before they are stored this is to ensure that they last longer.
- The aluminum items do not need much care as they never rust.
- The stainless steel has a higher melting point than the aluminum.
- The stainless steel are magnetic while aluminum is non magnetic and mostly they are used for construction purposes.
The stainless steel polish makes the stainless steel appear clear and they last longer. The stainless steel polish is basically used to prevent rust. The polish acts as a protective lining and ensures that the items that last long. The stainless polish makes the item more durable and easy to clean. The stains are easy to clean than when the steel is not polished.
Stainless steel vs. aluminum may be a wide topic, though all of them are useful and in different capacity, the stainless steel has more uses than the aluminum.