Jello shot syringes are the best way to serve a variety of jello shots to your guests during your next party or event. Syringes for jello shots are a fun way of serving alcohol at any bar, fundraiser event, nightclub, party and special gatherings. All you need to have is water, a pack of jello or gelatin and of course, alcohol. The process is the same as making your normal jello except that in this case, alcohol is used in place of cold water. Any gelatin flavor could be mixed with any type of alcohol. The gelatin mix boxes are typically available in a couple of sizes. These are the 3 ounce small box that will need two cups of liquid to make 10 two ounces jello shots; and the 6 ounce jello mix box, which requires four cups of liquid to make around 20 two ounce jello shots.
Jello shot syringes has become very popular these days because of the rage about jello shooters or jello shots. There is a wide variety of recipes that are available that combine different kinds of alcoholic beverages and jello flavors.
Jello Shot Recipe
Here are the things that you will need for a simple jello shot recipe:
- A pack of flavored jello
- Jello shot syringes or plastic cups
- Measuring cup
- A two quartz pitcher
- Whisk or spoon
- Boiling water
- Alcohol, which could be tequila, flavored vodka, rum or a beverage of your choice
There are different ways in which jello shots are prepared but here are the basic guidelines.
- Replace half of the water required to make the jello with alcohol.
- For a six ounce pack of jello, you need two cups each of boiling water and cold water.
- Substitute all the cold water with alcohol.
- Do not use more alcohol than needed because the jello will not set up.
- In addition, you should also bear in mind that the greater the proof of alcohol you use, the lesser the amount you should use. This means that you will have to use more cold water to set up the shots.
- Measure the water needed by the gelatin and bring to a boil.
- Once it boils, pour the water in a bowl or pitcher and then add your choice of jello. Stir well until the jello is dissolved completely. A whisk would work best for this process.
- Get your choice of liquor, measure the precise amount that is needed and stir it into the jello.
- Suck the mixture into jello shot syringes and put them inside the refrigerator.
- The jello need at least three hours to set but full setting requires overnight refrigeration.
- Serve them cold to your guests.
Preparing the Jello Shots
To really make your jello shots taste great use flavored alcohol or vodka in preparing them. You may also use whipped cream to give your jello shots an awesome presentation. Make sure that you have enough time when making the jello shots, which means that you should not rush it. Have all the jello shot syringes ready before filling them with your special recipe.