There are very effective at home remedies for clogged sinks, so that you don’t need to worry about paying a professional plumber. You cannot avoid having a clogged sink, even if you use undermount sink. No matter how much confidence you feel about your new beautiful sink, sooner or later, you will be faced with this problem. You should not make the mistake of waiting until the drains are no more workable before you decide to find a solution to it. This is the error many people make. If you care to study and learn, there are plenty of at home remedies for clogged sinks you can make use of.
Major Causes of Clogged Sinks
Clogged sink happens as a result of the fact that plumbing networks are complex. It is relevant for you to know some of the major causes of clogged sinks. This will help you in your quest in fixing it.
- Foreign Debris – When foreign objects like hair and soap find their way into the pipes, they can temporarily cause a blockage. When these materials begin to collect over time, they will soon prevent a water flow, thereby causing clogged sink.
- Food Waste and Particles – The most common cause of clogged sink is food remnants. Food like bones, egg shells, potato skins, bread particles, cereals and jelly beans can easily block sinks and prevent the flow of waste water.
- Solid Objects –This is usually attributed to the handy work of young children. When kids are allowed into the kitchen, they can playfully toss a toy or any other solid object into your sink, and then flush it down the drain. When they accumulate, such objects can cause clogged sink and you will need to apply at home remedies for clogged sinks to get it working again.
- Hot Water – This is the most effective method when it comes to unclogging your under mount sinks by yourself. Hot boiling water will clear your drain by melting the objects and particles that are preventing water flow. To apply it, all you need is to boil water and pour it down the sink. You may also add salt to the water if you like. Salt will make things much easier because it will increase the dissolving capacity of the hot water.
- Use Plunger – Another effective at home remedies for clogged sinks is to the use of plunger. To make use of the plunger, simply fill the sink with water until it covers the plunger cup. Then start pumping it up and down for about 15 to 20 strokes or more, until the blockage is pushed down the pipe.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar –Pouring half cup of baking soda, followed by half cup of white vinegar into your clogged sinks is also one of the many effective at home remedies for clogged sinks. After the pouring, you need to cover the sink hole with a glass and leave it overnight. The following day, remove the glass and pour in some hot water. This will dissolve the solution and fix your clogged sink problems.