Generally, most athletes pay attention to the type and quality of running shorts they buy. This is mainly because it plays a big role in an athlete’s world. Quality shorts play a big part in the success of an athlete in a race. Comfort of an athlete while on tracks is vital because more often than not, it can add extra ease in the movement of an athlete while running.
Running Shorts Selecting Tips
In selecting running shorts, one should always go for;
- Gender specific shorts – these are better shorts for running as they focus on the comfort depending on the gender type.
- Right fit – this is also another contributing factor to comfort and at times security too. Shorts that are too large could hinder a runner’s movement while small shorts could tear at slightest normal movements like bending.
- Quality and light weight fabric for more agile movements during the race, which can mostly lead to victory. Normally, the best running shorts are made from very light material.
Other qualities to look for in running shorts include;
- An inner brief lining, especially in men’s running shorts is very important. This is to provide maximum support; it prevents chaffing and provides extra comfort.
- Comfortable length of shorts for running; an athlete is to decide on the most comfortable length of running shorts for him or her depending on which running style is used. Most people however go for a shorter pair while doing short and fast races, and longer ones for longer and slower races.
- A pocket – this is important as you never know when you might need to put something in your pocket during training. This pocket should either be on the waist band for a key or on back parts of these shorts for an energy bar.
Types of Fabric Used
Running shorts women should provide comfort and confidence when talking about designs and materials. Custom running shorts are shorts made by certain organisations or companies and are given out to players for free as a way of advertisement. Below are types of running shorts available in the market nowadays;
- Nylon shorts (not really advisable for competitions, the material combined with the sweat of an athlete results to a foul odor.)
- Lycra shorts
- Linen shorts
- Cotton shorts
As an athlete, you should always choose the most comfortable and soothing running shorts available because it can really help you reach your goal and be on the top. Best runners should always have the best running shorts around.