There are plenty of do’s and don’ts in wearing leggings. They are quite a versatile piece of clothing that can be worn in many different environments and go well with many different types of clothing styles. Here are selections of things you should and shouldn’t be doing when wearing leggings.
Do’s in Wearing Leggings
- Leggings are best worn as part of a layered outfit sometimes worn as an accessory and sometimes as tights under loose pants.
- Tunics look great with leggings. Leggings underneath a nice tunic are a good look. Tunics tend to vary in length so make sure that your tunic is long enough to cover your hips. It can be in sweater form or knitted jersey material. It can also be worn with a belt as well.
- Choose your footwear carefully when wearing them with leggings. You can experiment with different styles of footwear but most stylists recommend wearing flats such as low boots and shoes, sandals.
- If you have a larger waistline then try and opt or a larger top that will keep your waist from appearing bulgy.
- If you are planning on wearing leggings for work, try and choose leggings from different materials and colors. This will allow you to mix and match your outfits for the days you work that will look great even after work.
- A well chosen smart looking top looks great when set with a pair of smart leggings such as suede or cotton. You could also combine this with a wide belt or a nice jacket over the top.
Don’ts in Wearing Leggings
- Try not to wear your leggings as though they are pants. Exposing your behind and the gap between your mid-thighs is a definite no-no.
- Don’t try and hide the gap between your leggings and your shoes with a strategically placed legwarmer, as this will just not look good. Don’t try and pull your leggings down to your shoes either, just accept them for what they are.
- Don’t wear high heels, flip-flops or trainers, as this is not a good look at all with standard leggings. The only leggings that good with high heels are quality pleather leggings, which are skinny enough to pull off that kind of look.
- Pick the underwear that you wear with leggings strategically so that they don’t show through.
- Don’t wear leggings with a short top.
Now that you have an idea on the do’s and don’ts in wearing leggings, keep these fashion tips in mind and be fashionable always.