Waxing is a part of women’s life. However, going to the salon for regular waxing can be taxing and expensive. You can save your money if your learn how to wax hair. So if you want a good result of waxing without spending much money, read this to learn a few tips and tricks on how to wax hair. You will need continuous practice, though, for the perfect results.
Things You Will Need For Waxing
- Wax warmer
- Pre wax cleansers
- Talcum powder
- Waxing strip
- Hand towel
- Wax removers
- Oil or petroleum jelly
- Antiseptic cream or lotion
- Ice water
Steps To Follow For Waxing
Before anything else, you should wait for proper length of hair growth. Your hair length should be approximately 1/4th of an inch. In case your hair is longer than the mentioned length, use clippers or scissors to cut them.
- To start waxing, clean the part of your body where you want to wax. In stores, you can easily find pre wax cleansers that give the desired results.
- Then, dust powder all over the waxing surface.
- Now, apply wax evenly on the surface. Use strokes in the direction of hair growth. Make sure you use an applicator. The applicator can be wooden or plastic. Use good amount of wax to spread all over the surface.
- Apply the waxing strip over the surface. Press it firmly on the surface and press it hard in the direction of hair growth. Perform this hand stroke two to three times. Avoid sticking the entire strip on the wax. Leave some portion at the end to hold the waxing strip. Ensure that wax is attached firmly to the waxing strip.
- Hold the free end of the waxing strip. The other hand should firmly hold the skin while you are pulling the strip.
- Remove the strip by pulling the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth. If you see some wax left over the area, again, place the waxing strip firmly on the surface and pull in again.
While you are waxing, keep the electric wax warmer in the switched on mode. The wax should not cool down. Repeat the above-mentioned steps until all your hairs are removed from the surface. If you see some small hairs on the surface remove them with tweezers. Now, clean the surface by removing the residue with wax remover, oil or even petroleum jelly. Once waxing is over, apply a good body lotion and massage it well over the surface. In case you have very sensitive skin, apply astringent. It will have a cooling effect on your skin.
Some Great Tips
In the market, you will find a great variety of wax. Cream wax is good for sensitive skin with medium hair growth. Honey wax goes perfectly with coarse hair. Recently, you must have heard about cold wax strips. They are not messy but do not hold hair well.
Here are more tips for you to remember:
- Whenever you are using a new wax, perform a patch test to see whether it reacts with your skin or not.
- Always check the temperature of the wax. It should not be too hot to burn your skin.
- If you have any bruises, cuts or allergy, do not wax on the affected area.
- Some people get blisters and allergy after waxing. Apply ice-cold water or even ice on the affected area. Keep an antiseptic lotion or cream. It will soothe your pain and allergy.
- If you are waxing your upper leg, try to get someone to help you.
If you want to learn how to wax your hair you should practice these steps. With regular practice you will be an expert in no time. These are the detailed steps of waxing your hair. With continuous practice, you will learn how to wax hair perfectly.