Jello is extremely popular across USA and Canada. These are readymade desserts found in powdered form. These powders add extra color and flavors that make the food extremely tasty and enjoyable. Jello is actually the brand manufacturing these products used in different recipes. Jello recipes are those foods containing these gelatin desserts in various proportions. And Jello shots refer to those alcoholic mixtures that contain the gelatin in different proportions. These are the trendiest party drinks today. This article will focus on learning different variants of jello shots recipes.
Variants of Jello Shots Recipe
The following are variants of Jello shots recipe.
- Lime Jello shots recipe: Two major variants of liquors are used in this recipe. One is absolute citron and the other one is tequila. Both these alcoholic beverages require strong citrus flavor for better taste. Flavorless Jello can add the texture whereas lime flavored Jello adds what you actually need.
- Watermelon Jello: Different recipes involve using watermelon Jello. Some of these popular recipes can be listed as: sour apple schnapps, tequila and Midori. All these liquor variants have their own taste but watermelon flavor adds unique feel to these mixtures.
- Raspberry Jello: These raspberry recipes also involve use of two different liquors: Midori and Peach Schnapps. These beverages go well with various flavors and raspberry is certainly one of the most popular flavors. If you love the tangy raspberry flavor, you should try this recipe back home.
Nowadays, Jello shot syringes have made mixing these shots easier. What you need is readymade shots available in syringes sold in supermarkets. You should choose your flavor, get back to your home and prepare drinks for the party.
How to Make Jello Shots Recipe
The ingredients that you will need in making this recipe are the following:
- 3 pounds Jello (choose your flavor)
- 6 pounds of water
- 6 pounds of alcohol (any type of liquor as this is an open-end recipe)
Here are the steps you have to follow:
- First you have to dispense the gelatin from the packet into a suitable bowl.
- Now, you have to add water (already boiled) and stir the gelatin until it is fully dissolved in water.
- Then, you have to add liquor to the hot water-jello mixture and stir the mixture once again.
- Refrigerate the mixture until its cold enough.
- Once the mixture is cooled, the bowl is taken out and the cold mixture is poured into separate shot glasses. Then, the recipe is ready to serve.
- Finally, the shot glasses are once again refrigerated overnight or until the liquid freezes.
Tips and Warnings in Making Jello Shots Recipe
To further ensure that you will be making quality Jello shots, then you should observe these tips and warning.
- Always add small amount of sweetener or syrup to make the mixture smooth and palatable. It will also reduce the acidity of the shot.
- You must add boiling water (temperature should be more than 65 degrees). Water should be less than 50 percent of other ingredients.
- The liquids should be proportionate while you are preparing a cocktail recipe.
- Add food colorings and extra flavors to enjoy different tastes. Cooling is a very important issue. You have to refrigerate the liquid for a while so that it sets down.
- Finally, you should serve the recipe cool.
An open end Jello shots recipe will help you show your thoughts and creativity. You can add your own preference and taste to the mixture and create an enjoyable drink.