Flowers can really accentuate and beautify your surroundings while leaving an interesting fragrance. If you are thinking of buying some plants, you can spend less money, if you opt for the cheap flowers online. This way, you could have beautiful flower arrangements at home that will stay fresh and last longer. Below you can find some simple tips on how to take care of flowers.
Tips on how to take care of flowers
Cutting/ Buying of Flowers
- When you are buying cut flowers, ensure that you get the ones with erect and firm petals with buds that will pop open in a short time.
- To identify the aging flowers, you can check the leaves or stems for signs of drooping and yellowish color or spots.
- All cutting of flowers must be done late afternoon or early morning when the plants have moisture and water.
- Add artificial preservatives or nutrients into your flowers vase and this will keep them fresh for a long time. There is sugar in the flower food or powder preservatives and this will feed the flowers as well as act as acid to reduce the pH balance in the water solution. When this mixture is purified, it will get rid of bacteria and germs.
- If you are keeping the flowers in a vase, its best to use lukewarm water, but some bulb flowers can survive in cold water.
- The flower vase must be soaked or filled with water, along with plant food or preservatives. This preservative or food for flowers is often mixed with a small amount of water.
You can get this to buy at the local flower shop or florist and instructions will be on the package to tell you the amount of water that you should add to the solution.
- Once the mixture or solution in the flowers vase becomes smelly and dirty, you should change it immediately. Keep in mind that if you do not carry out this simple task, then bacteria and germs will start to grow in the water.
- When you are trimming your flowers, you should always use a sharp knife or scissors to cut the end of the stems about 1 – 2 inches.
- You should never use your bare hands to break the flowers.
- You should put the flowers in an area that is getting sunlight, but far from hot objects such as radiators, vents, fans or television. Too much heat will dehydrate or dry up the flowers.
- Your flowers will stay fresh or last longer if you put them in cool or dark spots where the temperature is about 61 – 71 degrees Fahrenheit.
Hopefully, these simple tips will help you to take good care of your flowers. Now, you can afford to buy cheap flowers online, if you want to brighten up your home.