A good sleeper sofa is great for sleepovers or an unexpected guest. It’s good to have an extra room in the home, but if you don’t… then this is the option for you! Buying a sleeper sofa comes with a myriad of choices but many decide on a leather sleeper sofa primarily because:
- It’s simple to clean
- Maintaining it is far easier if there’s a spill and there’s no need to wash any fabric.
- It looks pleasing to the eye in any room when not used for sleeping.
A lot of these sofas are great in different fabrics and fit well in homes due to a large variety of shades of colour or print patterns available. Many enjoy the comfortable feel of fabrics. However, unlike leather, its maintenance and cleanliness is a chore. Leather sleeper sofas also last longer if looked after and the leather far outlast other fabrics.
What to Check When Buying a Leather Sleeper Sofa
- Check if durable fabric is used for the decking. This is crucial as it is the portion that is vulnerable to far greater wear and tear.
- You also need to check if the mechanism moves smoothly and easily.
- It’s also great if there little to no noise when you open and close it.
- Lastly, try to find out if the stabilizer bar is attached to the frame with coils. Try not to get the ones that are welded, as flexibility is better. When more helical coils are attached, the better the support and better the sleep.
Choosing Leather Sleeper Sofas
Exquisite style, of course, is something to consider for leather sleeper sofas but getting something cheaper may leave you with less options for a piece that looks and feels good when you sit on it. However, to have a decent buy, you should consider the following:
- Padded seating
- Pillow padded arms
- Great upholstery
- Fluffed back cushion
- Good inner springs
There may be fabulous bargains for these sofas out there but doing all these checks before you buy could save you from discomfort. It will also give you less worries on maintenance and cleaning, and longer lasting furniture.
Tips in Caring for Leather Sleeper Sofas
Looking after a leather sleeper sofa is totally unlike washing fabric on the sofas. Leather can fade, like wood, and cracks easily if not cared for.
- Placing it near the heat of the sun is also not a good idea.
- Using a leather softener or oils to rub into it every now and again keeps it supple, shiny and longer lasting.
Remember, this is normally a show piece in the living room so all eyes are on it. A good designed leather sleeper sofa looks aesthetically-pleasing wherever you place it.