A white rug adds elegance and warmth in your home. Taking care of your rug will ensure it lasts for a long time. The most common problems of rugs and not just white rugs at home are pet hair, pet stains, sun damage and damage by vacuum cleaner. If you have a big rug, it may be a little difficult to clean it and it is advisable to call a professional to do the cleaning. Small and medium sized white rugs are easy to clean at home. Children’s playrooms are usually floored with white nursery rugs where they can have fun and stay safe. These rugs are durable and last long.
Cleaning Steps And Tips
Cleaning a plain white rug sounds like a challenging task, and that is why many people shy away from buying them in the first place. It is not as hard as it sounds. It all depends on the shade of the rug. The following are instructions on how to clean a white rug and how to remove different types of stains:
- The first step is to vacuum the rug very well.
- Take the rug out to the yard and lay it flat on the ground. Ensure the ground is free of dirt.
- Make a solution detergent and mix in a bucket of water. Test the solution on a small section of the carpet to ensure that the detergent does not damage the carpet. Apply the detergent evenly on the carpet before washing.
- Wet the rest of the rug using a hose and dip a sponge in the detergent, apply soap to the sponge and gently wipe the rug.
- Do not scrub. This is because any stain present might spread. First, blot the part with stain then rinse with clean water.
- Rinse the rug thoroughly until all the soap is drained and squeeze to remove water.
- Hang the rug and let it dry naturally.
It is advisable that you have your white rug cleaned regularly so as to remove stains. There are a variety of white rugs such as white cow skin rug, which you can use to decorate your house with. There is high quality cow skin rugs from Argentina made with a durable fabric. This type of white rug is quite expensive.
Another type of white rug is the white damask rug, which is round in shape with different creative colors and patterns. They are also available in different sizes so you can place them next to the fire place or bathroom door step. Plain white rugs are best placed on the door steps, and bathroom door.
Rugs, regardless of its color or design, are very helpful to wipe off the dirt from our feet and at the same time provide the necessary insulation for cold floors. It needs frequent washing to insure no significant amount of germs and dirt are accumulated.