Nowadays, it is easy to find commercial products each claiming they are the best conditioner that would help you put moisture on your hair. But why buy and waste your money when you can actually make homemade hair conditioner?
Each human head is composed of more than 100,000 strands of hair. Each of this has an inner layer called the cortex that is responsible for its texture and color, and an outer layer than protects the cortex. If your hair is not healthy and not manageable, it means that you lack the necessary moisture and protein necessary for its maintenance. When your hair lacks protein and moisture, it will be very stretchy, dull, and brittle. Tangles are also frequent and it will lack the volume and the vibrancy that it needs. Medications, hormones, stress, genetics, diet and environmental factors like exposure to the sun and different chemicals also affect its growth and health.
Some Homemade Hair Conditioner Ideas
Conditioning is very essential for our hair and it is surprising how this is often ignored. We assume our shampoo takes care of everything when it fact it does not. Below you will find the best homemade hair conditioner that you can easily find in your kitchen, or at least a few of them:
- 1 Avocado + 1c real mayonnaise or just avocado or mayonnaise
- Avocado or mayonnaise in itself is already a very good homemade recipe. But you can also mix it together to have a very effective conditioner.
- Coconut milk
- This ingredient may also be heated up for a great homemade hair conditioner that adds shine and beauty to your hair.
- 1 egg white + 3-3 tbsp coconut oil + juice from ½ of a lemon + 1 mashed banana + 3-4 tbsp of yogurt
- Works well with thinning hair, dry and itchy scalp and is considered a great homemade hair conditioner for damaged hair
- 1 c water + 1 egg yolk + 1 tsp oil (any kind)
- Adds body and luster to any type of hair
- 1 c warm beer + 1 tsp jojoba oil
- Is also a great hair conditioner
- 4 c water + ¾ c vinegar + ¼ sprig rosemary + 1 bag chamomile apple tea
- Makes hair shiny, knot-free, and so soft
- 1 whole avocado + ¼ c shea butter + 1/3 c oliver oil + 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Perfect for removing tangles and is a great homemade conditioner for dry hair
- 1/3 c Mayonnaise + 1/3 c avocado + 2 tbsp almond oil
- Makes the hair shiny and silky
Some More Tips in Making Homemade Conditioner
- Anyone who has allergic reactions to avocado can replace it with banana or mango, but the result may not be as good as the original avocado recipe.
- The oils in the recipes above can also be replaced with any oil: jojoba oil, olive oil, almond or apricot kernel oil. It can also add a pleasant smell. Any of these oils is great for treating dry hair.
- Real mayonnaise is a great and easy alternative because of its egg content.
The homemade hair conditioner ingredients above works by just mixing them together, applying it on your hair, preferably covering it with a hair cup for 20 minutes and then rinsing your hair with shampoo afterwards for great results.