Homeowners often ask what they should do to keep their pools clean. Often, the best answer is to keep it covered in the off-season, clean it regularly, and install the best pool filter such as the Hayward pool filter. Since the weather and sun can wreak havoc on the pH balance of a pool, it’s important to not let larger particles and air pollutants settle into the water because they damage your pool’s clean appeal.
The Hayward Company
Are you looking for an experienced company with a successful and high quality history? Then Hayward is the brand you seek. Hayward Industries, Inc. is responsible for the genius behind the Hayward pool filterand they bring decades of experience to the plastic valve and flow control industry.Irving M. Hayward founded this New York based company in the early 1920’s and offered an array of metal valve products. It wasn’t until 40 years later that the management would see the value in thermoplastic manufacturing and create the prototypes to the current day engineering marvels they produce. In addition, if there will be problems with your filter, the company has readied Hayward pool filter parts to address your needs.
A filter helps strain large particulates out of the water to:
- Maintain clean pool water
- Keep the pool lining free of abrasive particles
- Moderate pool pH
It’s important to filter out debris to keep your in-ground or above-ground pool in pristine working condition.
For the standard homeowner’s pool, there are several options for filters. In above-ground and in-ground pool configurations, the following filters can suit your needs.
- Hayward Pool Filter Cartridges–Capable of filtration down to 10-15 microns, these filters require two seasonal cleanings and have lower back pressure than sand filters.
- Sand filters – Filtering out debris and cleaning your water down to 20 microns, you will no doubt enjoy the clear water of your pool using a sand filter.
- Diatomaceous Earth Filters – Tiny particles the size of just 2-5 microns may be filtered out with these filters. The husks of diatoms are used on the filter medium to strain out debris.
Importance of a Hayward Pool Filter
The Hayward filter is vital. With over 50 years of engineering excellence, these filters can strain out contaminants down to the 5 micron level. By keeping your pool free of debris, you ensure that people swimming in it don’t have skin reactions to foreign contaminants in the water. You also make certain that the pool water remains clean and that the pH balance remains in check. As particulates break down, they can throw off the chemical balance of your pool.
Appealing features of these products include:
- High-density ABS plastic – Rugged construction for years of dependable use
- Quick relief valve systems – To speed up maintenance times and run efficiently
- Large capacity tanks – So backwashing the filter system isn’t overly frequent. They can hold a lot of filter media as well as debris.
How to Choose a Pool Filter
The Hayward pool filteris an obvious choice for the pool owner. The easiest way to choose the one for you is to consider the facts.
- Pool capacity – How many gallons of water does your pool hold? This will affect the capacity of the filter.
- Filter type – Whether you choose sand, cartridge or even diatomaceous filter medium, this is something you may want to consult with your assigned Hayward representative.
- Cost – Filters of this caliber are not inexpensive. But considering the quality, dependability and necessity this is an investment that will protect your pool and give you peace of mind. There is no price tag you can place on comfort.
With each filter, you will have a valuable Hayward pool filter manualto refer you to any maintenance, troubleshooting, and general usage information. Your clean pool is only one Hayward product purchase away.