Hardwood flooring is one of the most sought after flooring types in the world. Various trees like oak, maple and teak are used for solid flooring in houses. Due to their high cost, demand, and complex installation procedures, many people look for user friendly alternatives for hardwood flooring. But, it is simply the best choice when it comes to increasing the value of the house and installing a durable floor.
Tips to Maintain Hardwood Flooring
- The most important problem is termite attack. Engineered hardwood flooring installed properly will have several protective coating applied on it. So, they provide maximum resistance against termite attack.
- Proper installation of hardwood flooring avoids water leakage completely. This helps the wooden floor last much longer. Take care to maintain good insulation systems without any leakage to protect your walls and floors.
- The kitchen and bathroom tend to get wet often. It is better to install laminate flooring in such areas. They are quite affordable and can be replaced often. It is better to avoid costly hardwood here as it will get damaged due to high moisture content and extensive usage.
- Houses with pets can consider using discount hardwood flooring, as these animals will just scratch and dent the floor as much as possible. Else, the pets should be kept strictly out of the posh living rooms with costly wood flooring.
- Cleaning the wood constantly with mild soapy solution is very important. Heavy furniture should be placed on them with utmost care. Heavy dropping will cause cracks leading to leaks and damage of the floor in course of time. Always avoid scrubbing them with rough brushes.
- Hardwood flooring should not be exposed to sun constantly. They should be protected properly with UV coating rays and repainted or varnished if they fade in a few years.
Several people order prefinished hardwood flooring so that they can customize it and match with the wall color and the furniture color. While it is necessary for nice looking interiors, take care to use high quality products and skilled workmen to do the job. Else, the moisture in the paint will eventually damage the floor in a few years.
Hardwood floor is similar to owning a Benz car. It is absolutely stunning to look, increases your prestige and is extremely durable. But, it needs extensive maintenance and careful handling to look presentable. Huge houses and villas using hardwood flooring have special servants to take care of the wooden products. It is up to the house owners to maintain their costly floors as they go a long way in increasing the properties overall value. For cheaper value, you mayt check out bamboo flooring online.