French manicure is the most common manicure among women. Nowadays, men are also going for this type of manicure. This manicure is designed in a way that resembles the look of your natural nails with white nail tips. The white of the nail tips is nail polish and one of the most used brands of nail polish for this manicure is the Orly nail polish. The unique thing with this manicure, which makes it different from other types of manicure, is that it lacks a base color. French manicure is most appropriate for people with short nails and who love to keep their nails elegant, stylish and neat.
Reasons to Have this Manicure
You should get a French manicure because of the following:
- easy to apply
- gives your nails a natural flare
- is durable compared to other manicures
- has various designs
- easy to remove
- Fit into every occasion
When it comes to choosing a design, French manicure designs are available in a wide array. This is to ensure that women’s need and preferences are met. Some of the designs include:
- Shellac French manicure – This design offers a variety of patterns and colors and you can choose patterns and colors according to occasions.
- Gelish French manicure – Gel French manicure is applied using a gel nail polish. This gel ensures a long lasting manicure and it is easy to apply compared to acrylic polish.
- Colored French manicure – Colored manicure is a design where instead of applying the standard white color on the tip of your nails, various colors are applied. This design is easily noticed because of the various color schemes used on the finger nail tip.
Other designs of this manicure include:
- Marbled French manicure
- Reverse French manicure
- Chevron French manicure
- Diagonal French manicure
Applying French Manicure
French manicures are easy to apply and one does not need a specialist for it. The following tips will show you how to do this.
- Remove any polish present on your nails and file your nails carefully. When filing avoid using metallic files.
- Soak your fingers in soapy water for a few minutes so as to soften your cuticles. Push the cuticle back using a wooden stick. Ensure the water used is warm.
- Apply the white opaque nail polish at the tips of your finger nails carefully by following your nails’ curve. In case you apply the polish wrongly, correct using a correcting pen. Once complete, allow the polish to dry.
- Apply a coat of natural polish mainly the clear polish on your entire nail. You can also apply a pink coat.
- Once the natural coat has dried, apply a top coat so as to ensure your manicure lasts for a while.
Treat your nails and make them beautiful. A French manicure is the way to go as it will give your nails that simple, neat and elegant look.