The Keurig iced coffee is a great drink that you can sip any day or season. A steaming hot coffee brew is traditionally the choice of many but when the hot days of summer roll in, a hot cup may not always be ideal. If you enjoy a cup of coffee, do not allow the heat of summer to deny you of your preferred beverage when you can easily switch to ice cold coffee.
During the warmest season of the year, a cold coffee beverage would bring a refreshing change from the usual. Although you may easily find such a cold brew from many coffee shops and cafes, there are people who wish they could also enjoy it at home. Good thing there is a Keurig iced coffee maker.
To create a perfect Keurig iced coffee at the touch of a button, there is the K Cup portion pack, which was patented and designed specifically for direct ice brewing on the single cup Keurig brewer. By utilizing modern technology, each K Cup can be packed with the perfect amount of coffee for a refreshing brew.
How to Make Iced Coffee with Keurig
Here are some suggestions for making Keurig coffee maker iced coffee using the simple steps below:
- Get Ice – although it may sound obvious, you really need to have some ice to make Keurig iced coffee. If you do not think ahead and make some ice cubes, you will not be able to have a cup of iced coffee anytime you want one. Although plain ice cubes will do, it would be preferable to freeze your favorite Keurig coffee concoction in your ice tray. When you combined the ice cubes with freshly brewed coffee, the ice will not water your drink down
- Brew your Coffee – the next thing to do is to brew your favorite coffee blend. Although you can use instant coffee or regular drip coffee maker, the single cup Keurig coffee maker would be preferable. Pop one of the K Cup portion pack into the coffee maker, press the button and you can have a cup of delicious brew in less than one minute. This will allow you to make different flavors and multiple cups very quickly
- Mix It Up – once your freshly brewed coffee has been poured over the ice coffee cubes, you may drink the brew straight or splash some of your favorite liquor into it first. The ideal flavors would be Irish cream, crème de menthe, butterscotch schnapps and coconut rum. If you like a different flavor but is not in the mood for alcohol, you can try some Italian style syrups or a few drops of vanilla
- Do Something Different – if you like your Keurig iced coffee to be more slushy, just take a cup of frozen ice cubes, throw them into the blender and give them several pulses. Do not overdo it though if you do not want to have a cup of soup. Pour into a mug and serve with spoon or straw.
Now, even the hot weather cannot stop you from taking your favorite dose of caffeine with the help of the Keurig Iced Coffee Maker. Visit Keurig today and see their massive selection of iced coffee flavors. You might also be interested in Keurig’s other beverage products such as cocoa and tea drinks which also have hot and iced variations. Also check out, the goodness of making a homemade coffee ice cream online.
Getting ready for a family party affair is fun, time consuming and exciting with colorful decorations. Planning the menu might be the most important aspect to make the party successful since people would enjoy the event with good food. To complement great food, one of the popular party drinks is a slushy drink.
To make slushy recipes for parties, a slushy drink is a combination of blended fruit, soda, juice, soft drinks and crushed ice.
Recipes to Make a Slushy Drink
A slushy can be made using the products on hand, fruits available during peak seasons, and the decision of the age group of the party seekers can play a huge role in choosing the flavors. There are many slushy recipes for parties when it comes to choosing a flavor.
- Summer fruits of peaches, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, apricots, are only a few fruits to be used, and this is enough to make the final choice difficult.
- Flavors of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, orange, lemon, butterscotch, and banana add to making the decisions more difficult. Combining flavors with fruits can make for variety and flavors to make that special drink for those special party goers.
- Flavored soda also makes for a ready to serve drink
- Powdered juice flavors also provide a variety to choose from.
- Soft drink slushy, root beer, grape, lime, lemon, orange, cherry, and grape add to the number of choices to make.
Many slushy recipes for parties are listed in many online food websites in the internet. Basically, you can add as many combinations of fruit, drink and crushed ice as you want to as long as it tastes great. Others would also combine a little alcoholic drink such as gin, tequila or vodka to spice up the drink. But be careful with kids around for they may also drink in the same slushy machine with the alcoholic drink prepared.
The Slushie Machine
You can make your own slushy recipes through your blender machine or you can make an impressive display of slushy drink using a slushie machine.
Machines for slushy recipes are becoming more and more popular especially in fast food chains and restaurants. They usually serve seasonal fruits such as pumpkin, as well as watermelon, honeydew melons, and cantaloupe full of zest with explosive flavors using unusual combinations. The machine for slushy drinks are found at many stores, including Wal Mart, Target, Macy’s, Kohl’s, to name only a few that seem to be available to most. Online shopping is another way of purchasing that special machine for the party. It is a great way to attract guests to have a glass of slushy drink and enjoy them during the event.
Did you know that you can use homemade whipped cream topping on any dessert? From brownies, cakes to pies and any tasty treats in between, whip cream is the favorite topping of most people. What’s more, you can make your own topping at home, if you want to get your family involved in a fun activity that would yield delicious treats. Just be ready will the following ingredients you will need, and you’re good to go!
To make your own whip cream topping at home, you will need the following:
- Glass mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Whipping or heavy cream
- Electric mixer
- Pure vanilla extract
- Confectioners or powdered sugar
How To Make Homemade Whipped Cream Topping
- Put the mixing bowl inside the refrigerator about an hour before the time when you want to make the topping. Ensure that the bowl is properly chilled as its best to work with cold ingredients.
- When the bowl is ready, you can put it on a flat surface to get started. You can start by adding the vanilla and cream into the chilled bowl and then use the electric mixer on low speed to mix the ingredients. Mix continuously until you get a consistency with a soft curve.
- Next, take the bowl from beneath the mixer and then add sugar. At this point, you would sift the sugar into the mixture using the sifter to remove lumps and ensure that the whipped cream topping has a smooth texture.
- To finish the process, you can continue to mix the whipped cream with the mixer on a low speed and lift it periodically to check the cream’s consistency. The cream should not be loose, so ensure that the mixture has a soft peak once it’s done.
- Use plastic wrap to cover the glass bowl and then leave this inside the refrigerator to get a better tasting cool whipped topping with a nice texture.
There are many ways to decorate whipped cream, especially when you want to make tasty treats during the summer. You can really make a difference with this topping even if you are serving a mere bowl of berries. One of the most popular frosting decorations for cup cakes or whole cakes is the whipped cream frosting. With a bit of flavoring and powdered sugar, you could get a great tasting frosting in any color and shape. Some frosting have to be placed inside a refrigerator right after preparation, but there are others that can retain shape for longer periods outside of fridge.
Now that you know how easy and quick it is to make whipped cream topping or frosting, you can really get creative with your desserts. When you want more flavoring, you can blend fruits such as mango and peaches; melt chocolates; dissolve coffee or anything else that you want to use to make sweet or healthier choices.
Homemade whipped cream dessert can add magic to any event, whether the same involves hungry kids or adults. Depending on the amount of time and the ingredients that you have available, you could prepare puddings, cakes, pies, fruits, and many other delicious desserts with whip cream.
Useful Tips To Make Whipped Cream Dessert
- Preparation: You can make whipped cream a couple hours before the scheduled time of the party or event. First, you must prepare and place a bowl inside the refrigerator with a strainer set on top.
- Freezer Cold: Although this is not important, it’s best to start with a bowl, cream and ice cold beaters to get better results. All you have to do is place them inside the freezer in advance for about 10 minutes.
- Flavored Whipped Cream: You can use a flavor of your choice, whether its rum, cocoa, Amaretto, cinnamon, Gran Marnier or coffee, rather than the usual vanilla. Just ensure that you are adding the right amount to jazz up the taste. Note that flavors such as vanilla, hazelnut and lemon will combine well with whipped cream. If you are making a dessert that is really sweet such as a rich chocolate cake, then using less sugar with the other whipped cream ingredients will give better tasting treats.
Some Easy Recipe Ideas
1. Berries and Whipped Cream
You can prepare this easy recipe by spooning your favorite whip cream over a bowl of fresh berries. This is perfect if you want to make a quick and tasty dessert that will impress your date.
2. Traditional Whip Cream Recipe
To make this classic homemade recipe, you need ice cold bowl and whisk to get great results. You can put them inside the freezer beforehand for 10 to 15 minutes.
For ingredients, you need:
- 1 or ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of heavy dairy cream
- 1 tablespoon regular granulated or confectioner’s sugar
Combine all the ingredients in a huge pre-chilled mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer to whip the cream to stiff texture. Add sugar and vanilla while whisking until it’s fully formed. Any leftover can be stored inside the fridge in covered containers to use later when making desserts with whipped cream.
3. Ice Box Cake
You can opt for this classic dessert because it is easy to make and you don’t have to do any baking. Place cookies in a bowl and add layers of whipped cream. This can then be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of hours until the cookies absorb the cream to form a soft, cake-like texture. You could use cocoa powder, nuts or chocolate shavings and different flavors to jazz up this whipped cream dessert.
The bottom line is that you can do a lot of things with whipped cream. It can add an assortment of flavors to many different sweet desserts. One cannot deny the fact that adults and children really love to enjoy different variations of desserts, especially the ones with white toppings. Whipped cream dessert delights are truly wonderful treats for everyone to enjoy.
How to make whipped cream is a question lingering in the minds of a number of people. Other than reading them from books and magazines, there are as well many whip cream recipe websites, which you can find in internet. But, not all instructions given in them do not give the fresh and uniquely flavored whipped cream we taste in the pastry stores and hotels. The pocket sachets we buy in the supermarkets are sometimes no good, too, as many of them contain preservatives, which may be harmful for your family’s health.
Take a look at some of these professional tips on how to make whipped cream frosting in a very short period of time. Notice that the type of milk or cream used as well as the bowls used, play an important role in the process.
Pointers On How To Make Whipped Cream From Scratch
- First, you can learn how to make whipped cream by using thick cream. Take a metal bowl and keep it in the freezer for a few minutes. Cool metal bowls help ease the process a lot. When you purchase the cream, avoid ultra-pasteurized cream as it will take longer to whip the cream and the texture will be different. Instead, go for plain fresh cream.
- Add one cup of cream to the chilled metal bowl. One cup of cream will produce at least two cups of whipped cream.
- Include 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Add extra flavorings like mint extract, chocolate extract to cream.
- Now take an electric hand mixer and start whisking the mixture. Start slow and increase the speed gradually. You will see soft peaks of whipped creams in one or two minutes. Stop whipping at this stage. Else, it will become more like butter.
- Swipe the fresh cream and you can start using it.
That’s it. You have learned how to make whipped cream in five minutes. But wait. Here are some more tricks to help you preserve your cream for a longer period, as home-made whipped cream tend to lose its volume in a few hours. You have to use it immediately; else, you have to whip it again.
How To Make Homemade Whipped Cream Last Longer
First, if you want the whipped cream to last longer, put the cream in an airtight container and refrigerate immediately after its preparation. It will last for two days. Another way to frost it is to wrap a dollop of whipped cream in a wax paper, then place it on a tray to allow it to become firm. Collect the lumps and keep in a zipper bag, then place them in the freezer. When you want to use them, just remove them from the freezer, transfer them to the refrigerator for a few minutes before you can then take them out.
You can easily learn how to make whipped cream with milk using the above-enumerated procedure. Just use evaporated milk instead of thick cream in the above procedure and add honey flavoring instead of chocolate or mint. However, unlike whipped cream made of thick cream, whipped cream with milk cannot be stored, but should be used immediately. Otherwise, it will easily get spoiled.
Few ingredients can add the silky smoothness, airy fluff or rich indulgence to a dish that whip cream brings to the table. With the rise in additives, synthetic chemicals and mystery ingredients in so many of today’s store-bought products, many people choose to forgo life’s little indulgences. However, with a good whip cream recipe you can create tasty treats such as parfaits, shortcakes or iced cupcakes in a matter of minutes with simple, wholesome ingredients. All whip cream recipes start with a foundation—the basic easy whip cream recipe.
Basic Whip Cream Recipe
- Add heavy cream to a chilled metal bowl. As whip cream warms, it can become loose and runny. Using a chilled bowl will keep the whip cream fluffy and cool.
- Add a dash of your preferred sweetener. Whether you choose an artificial sweetener, like Splenda, or a natural sweetener such as sugar, honey or even sweetened fruit extract, add it in small increments before whipping. Taste the cream until you find a sweetness level that you like.
- Whip! If you making this whip cream recipe by hand, prepare to switch arms a few times. To maximize the introduction of air to the cream, hold the bowl at a slight angle and bring the beater out of and into the cream with each rotation. For mixers, start at a lower speed then slowly work your way up to the highest speed available. You will know you are done when the cream makes tiny peaks when the beater or whisk is removed.
If your end-goal is cake icing, simply add some bloomed gelatin to the bowl gradually as your mix. This whip cream icing recipe provides all the flexibility and fluff of whip cream with less calories than normal decorator’s icing.
The great thing about making a homemade whip cream recipe is that you have the flexibility to make it anything you want it to be. All it takes is a whisk, hand mixer or stand mixer, a metal bowl, some cold cream and a little time. While most whip cream in a store comes in light, regular or extra creamy, there is no end to the flavors you can create at home. There just numerous whip cream recipes out there that you can try. From common ones like fruit flavored whip cream to nutty or spiced whip cream creations using cinnamon, nutmeg or hazelnut. For a change from the everyday whip cream to something a little more adventurous, consider these ideas.
Unique Whip Cream Recipes
- Cayenne Pepper—Used in moderation, the heat of cayenne pepper makes a delicious and peppery addition to a whip cream recipe. Pair this fiery topping with dark chocolate for an amazing flavor profile.
- Cocoa Powder—this makes a delectable chocolate topping for any dessert. Try using it as a dip for fresh fruit or sandwich it between two cookies for a tasty treat.
- Orange Zest—the essential oils of the orange will add fragrance and a delicate flavor to your homemade whip cream recipe. Pairing it with chocolate or citrus desserts provides a rich and indulgent flavor. Try this on poppy seed muffins for a unique and delicious snack.
- Peppermint Oil—this will create the lightest, fluffiest candy cane treat you have ever tasted. A little goes a long way with this stuff, so taste as you go. With peppermint’s stomach soothing and breathe cleansing properties, this whip cream recipe makes a great addition to desserts when guests are involved or after large holiday dinners.
If you think you’ve read the most outrageous whip cream recipe then think again. The internet is a vast ocean of knowledge today and it is sure to give you more unique and odd whip cream recipes. There’s even alcohol infused whip creams today in the likes of vodka. There’s no right or wrong in creating your own whip cream recipe as long as it suits your tastebuds and creates a wholesome eating experience.