Did you know that you can use homemade whipped cream topping on any dessert? From brownies, cakes to pies and any tasty treats in between, whip cream is the favorite topping of most people. What’s more, you can make your own topping at home, if you want to get your family involved in a fun activity that would yield delicious treats. Just be ready will the following ingredients you will need, and you’re good to go!
To make your own whip cream topping at home, you will need the following:
- Glass mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Whipping or heavy cream
- Electric mixer
- Pure vanilla extract
- Confectioners or powdered sugar
How To Make Homemade Whipped Cream Topping
- Put the mixing bowl inside the refrigerator about an hour before the time when you want to make the topping. Ensure that the bowl is properly chilled as its best to work with cold ingredients.
- When the bowl is ready, you can put it on a flat surface to get started. You can start by adding the vanilla and cream into the chilled bowl and then use the electric mixer on low speed to mix the ingredients. Mix continuously until you get a consistency with a soft curve.
- Next, take the bowl from beneath the mixer and then add sugar. At this point, you would sift the sugar into the mixture using the sifter to remove lumps and ensure that the whipped cream topping has a smooth texture.
- To finish the process, you can continue to mix the whipped cream with the mixer on a low speed and lift it periodically to check the cream’s consistency. The cream should not be loose, so ensure that the mixture has a soft peak once it’s done.
- Use plastic wrap to cover the glass bowl and then leave this inside the refrigerator to get a better tasting cool whipped topping with a nice texture.
There are many ways to decorate whipped cream, especially when you want to make tasty treats during the summer. You can really make a difference with this topping even if you are serving a mere bowl of berries. One of the most popular frosting decorations for cup cakes or whole cakes is the whipped cream frosting. With a bit of flavoring and powdered sugar, you could get a great tasting frosting in any color and shape. Some frosting have to be placed inside a refrigerator right after preparation, but there are others that can retain shape for longer periods outside of fridge.
Now that you know how easy and quick it is to make whipped cream topping or frosting, you can really get creative with your desserts. When you want more flavoring, you can blend fruits such as mango and peaches; melt chocolates; dissolve coffee or anything else that you want to use to make sweet or healthier choices.
Homemade whipped cream dessert can add magic to any event, whether the same involves hungry kids or adults. Depending on the amount of time and the ingredients that you have available, you could prepare puddings, cakes, pies, fruits, and many other delicious desserts with whip cream.
Useful Tips To Make Whipped Cream Dessert
- Preparation: You can make whipped cream a couple hours before the scheduled time of the party or event. First, you must prepare and place a bowl inside the refrigerator with a strainer set on top.
- Freezer Cold: Although this is not important, it’s best to start with a bowl, cream and ice cold beaters to get better results. All you have to do is place them inside the freezer in advance for about 10 minutes.
- Flavored Whipped Cream: You can use a flavor of your choice, whether its rum, cocoa, Amaretto, cinnamon, Gran Marnier or coffee, rather than the usual vanilla. Just ensure that you are adding the right amount to jazz up the taste. Note that flavors such as vanilla, hazelnut and lemon will combine well with whipped cream. If you are making a dessert that is really sweet such as a rich chocolate cake, then using less sugar with the other whipped cream ingredients will give better tasting treats.
Some Easy Recipe Ideas
1. Berries and Whipped Cream
You can prepare this easy recipe by spooning your favorite whip cream over a bowl of fresh berries. This is perfect if you want to make a quick and tasty dessert that will impress your date.
2. Traditional Whip Cream Recipe
To make this classic homemade recipe, you need ice cold bowl and whisk to get great results. You can put them inside the freezer beforehand for 10 to 15 minutes.
For ingredients, you need:
- 1 or ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of heavy dairy cream
- 1 tablespoon regular granulated or confectioner’s sugar
Combine all the ingredients in a huge pre-chilled mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer to whip the cream to stiff texture. Add sugar and vanilla while whisking until it’s fully formed. Any leftover can be stored inside the fridge in covered containers to use later when making desserts with whipped cream.
3. Ice Box Cake
You can opt for this classic dessert because it is easy to make and you don’t have to do any baking. Place cookies in a bowl and add layers of whipped cream. This can then be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of hours until the cookies absorb the cream to form a soft, cake-like texture. You could use cocoa powder, nuts or chocolate shavings and different flavors to jazz up this whipped cream dessert.
The bottom line is that you can do a lot of things with whipped cream. It can add an assortment of flavors to many different sweet desserts. One cannot deny the fact that adults and children really love to enjoy different variations of desserts, especially the ones with white toppings. Whipped cream dessert delights are truly wonderful treats for everyone to enjoy.
How to make whipped cream is a question lingering in the minds of a number of people. Other than reading them from books and magazines, there are as well many whip cream recipe websites, which you can find in internet. But, not all instructions given in them do not give the fresh and uniquely flavored whipped cream we taste in the pastry stores and hotels. The pocket sachets we buy in the supermarkets are sometimes no good, too, as many of them contain preservatives, which may be harmful for your family’s health.
Take a look at some of these professional tips on how to make whipped cream frosting in a very short period of time. Notice that the type of milk or cream used as well as the bowls used, play an important role in the process.
Pointers On How To Make Whipped Cream From Scratch
- First, you can learn how to make whipped cream by using thick cream. Take a metal bowl and keep it in the freezer for a few minutes. Cool metal bowls help ease the process a lot. When you purchase the cream, avoid ultra-pasteurized cream as it will take longer to whip the cream and the texture will be different. Instead, go for plain fresh cream.
- Add one cup of cream to the chilled metal bowl. One cup of cream will produce at least two cups of whipped cream.
- Include 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Add extra flavorings like mint extract, chocolate extract to cream.
- Now take an electric hand mixer and start whisking the mixture. Start slow and increase the speed gradually. You will see soft peaks of whipped creams in one or two minutes. Stop whipping at this stage. Else, it will become more like butter.
- Swipe the fresh cream and you can start using it.
That’s it. You have learned how to make whipped cream in five minutes. But wait. Here are some more tricks to help you preserve your cream for a longer period, as home-made whipped cream tend to lose its volume in a few hours. You have to use it immediately; else, you have to whip it again.
How To Make Homemade Whipped Cream Last Longer
First, if you want the whipped cream to last longer, put the cream in an airtight container and refrigerate immediately after its preparation. It will last for two days. Another way to frost it is to wrap a dollop of whipped cream in a wax paper, then place it on a tray to allow it to become firm. Collect the lumps and keep in a zipper bag, then place them in the freezer. When you want to use them, just remove them from the freezer, transfer them to the refrigerator for a few minutes before you can then take them out.
You can easily learn how to make whipped cream with milk using the above-enumerated procedure. Just use evaporated milk instead of thick cream in the above procedure and add honey flavoring instead of chocolate or mint. However, unlike whipped cream made of thick cream, whipped cream with milk cannot be stored, but should be used immediately. Otherwise, it will easily get spoiled.
Few ingredients can add the silky smoothness, airy fluff or rich indulgence to a dish that whip cream brings to the table. With the rise in additives, synthetic chemicals and mystery ingredients in so many of today’s store-bought products, many people choose to forgo life’s little indulgences. However, with a good whip cream recipe you can create tasty treats such as parfaits, shortcakes or iced cupcakes in a matter of minutes with simple, wholesome ingredients. All whip cream recipes start with a foundation—the basic easy whip cream recipe.
Basic Whip Cream Recipe
- Add heavy cream to a chilled metal bowl. As whip cream warms, it can become loose and runny. Using a chilled bowl will keep the whip cream fluffy and cool.
- Add a dash of your preferred sweetener. Whether you choose an artificial sweetener, like Splenda, or a natural sweetener such as sugar, honey or even sweetened fruit extract, add it in small increments before whipping. Taste the cream until you find a sweetness level that you like.
- Whip! If you making this whip cream recipe by hand, prepare to switch arms a few times. To maximize the introduction of air to the cream, hold the bowl at a slight angle and bring the beater out of and into the cream with each rotation. For mixers, start at a lower speed then slowly work your way up to the highest speed available. You will know you are done when the cream makes tiny peaks when the beater or whisk is removed.
If your end-goal is cake icing, simply add some bloomed gelatin to the bowl gradually as your mix. This whip cream icing recipe provides all the flexibility and fluff of whip cream with less calories than normal decorator’s icing.
The great thing about making a homemade whip cream recipe is that you have the flexibility to make it anything you want it to be. All it takes is a whisk, hand mixer or stand mixer, a metal bowl, some cold cream and a little time. While most whip cream in a store comes in light, regular or extra creamy, there is no end to the flavors you can create at home. There just numerous whip cream recipes out there that you can try. From common ones like fruit flavored whip cream to nutty or spiced whip cream creations using cinnamon, nutmeg or hazelnut. For a change from the everyday whip cream to something a little more adventurous, consider these ideas.
Unique Whip Cream Recipes
- Cayenne Pepper—Used in moderation, the heat of cayenne pepper makes a delicious and peppery addition to a whip cream recipe. Pair this fiery topping with dark chocolate for an amazing flavor profile.
- Cocoa Powder—this makes a delectable chocolate topping for any dessert. Try using it as a dip for fresh fruit or sandwich it between two cookies for a tasty treat.
- Orange Zest—the essential oils of the orange will add fragrance and a delicate flavor to your homemade whip cream recipe. Pairing it with chocolate or citrus desserts provides a rich and indulgent flavor. Try this on poppy seed muffins for a unique and delicious snack.
- Peppermint Oil—this will create the lightest, fluffiest candy cane treat you have ever tasted. A little goes a long way with this stuff, so taste as you go. With peppermint’s stomach soothing and breathe cleansing properties, this whip cream recipe makes a great addition to desserts when guests are involved or after large holiday dinners.
If you think you’ve read the most outrageous whip cream recipe then think again. The internet is a vast ocean of knowledge today and it is sure to give you more unique and odd whip cream recipes. There’s even alcohol infused whip creams today in the likes of vodka. There’s no right or wrong in creating your own whip cream recipe as long as it suits your tastebuds and creates a wholesome eating experience.
Jello is extremely popular across USA and Canada. These are readymade desserts found in powdered form. These powders add extra color and flavors that make the food extremely tasty and enjoyable. Jello is actually the brand manufacturing these products used in different recipes. Jello recipes are those foods containing these gelatin desserts in various proportions. And Jello shots refer to those alcoholic mixtures that contain the gelatin in different proportions. These are the trendiest party drinks today. This article will focus on learning different variants of jello shots recipes.
Variants of Jello Shots Recipe
The following are variants of Jello shots recipe.
- Lime Jello shots recipe: Two major variants of liquors are used in this recipe. One is absolute citron and the other one is tequila. Both these alcoholic beverages require strong citrus flavor for better taste. Flavorless Jello can add the texture whereas lime flavored Jello adds what you actually need.
- Watermelon Jello: Different recipes involve using watermelon Jello. Some of these popular recipes can be listed as: sour apple schnapps, tequila and Midori. All these liquor variants have their own taste but watermelon flavor adds unique feel to these mixtures.
- Raspberry Jello: These raspberry recipes also involve use of two different liquors: Midori and Peach Schnapps. These beverages go well with various flavors and raspberry is certainly one of the most popular flavors. If you love the tangy raspberry flavor, you should try this recipe back home.
Nowadays, Jello shot syringes have made mixing these shots easier. What you need is readymade shots available in syringes sold in supermarkets. You should choose your flavor, get back to your home and prepare drinks for the party.
How to Make Jello Shots Recipe
The ingredients that you will need in making this recipe are the following:
- 3 pounds Jello (choose your flavor)
- 6 pounds of water
- 6 pounds of alcohol (any type of liquor as this is an open-end recipe)
Here are the steps you have to follow:
- First you have to dispense the gelatin from the packet into a suitable bowl.
- Now, you have to add water (already boiled) and stir the gelatin until it is fully dissolved in water.
- Then, you have to add liquor to the hot water-jello mixture and stir the mixture once again.
- Refrigerate the mixture until its cold enough.
- Once the mixture is cooled, the bowl is taken out and the cold mixture is poured into separate shot glasses. Then, the recipe is ready to serve.
- Finally, the shot glasses are once again refrigerated overnight or until the liquid freezes.
Tips and Warnings in Making Jello Shots Recipe
To further ensure that you will be making quality Jello shots, then you should observe these tips and warning.
- Always add small amount of sweetener or syrup to make the mixture smooth and palatable. It will also reduce the acidity of the shot.
- You must add boiling water (temperature should be more than 65 degrees). Water should be less than 50 percent of other ingredients.
- The liquids should be proportionate while you are preparing a cocktail recipe.
- Add food colorings and extra flavors to enjoy different tastes. Cooling is a very important issue. You have to refrigerate the liquid for a while so that it sets down.
- Finally, you should serve the recipe cool.
An open end Jello shots recipe will help you show your thoughts and creativity. You can add your own preference and taste to the mixture and create an enjoyable drink.
Now that plastic shot glasses have been invented, gone are the days when one has to use heavy shot glasses and wash them while hearing clinking sound every now and then. At first, they were believed to be good only for single use; however, more and more bar owners and party hosts are using polystyrene and polycarbonate shot glasses as reusable plastic shot glasses at the moment.
Plastic shot glasses of this age are more durable and reliable for holding any kind of beverages; thanks to the introduction of higher grade polycarbonate to the plastic industry. In fact, some versions are even stronger than real shot glasses. Plastic shot glasses hold many advantages, some of which include the following:
- One of the most significant benefits of plastic shot glasses is that they are safer to use when molding when compared to glass counterparts.
- Because they are made from plastic, owners don’t have to worry about breaking, chipping or shattering. Throwing broken glasses also poses danger as one can acquire injuries when holding broken pieces of glass.
- In some cases, parties can turn into a horrible fight. However, the danger can be prevented through the use of plastic shot glasses as they are unbreakable and cannot be used to harm other individuals, which also explains why most club and bar owners adopted the use of these containers.
- And most importantly, plastic shot glasses are more affordable than glass versions. The reason behind this is the cheap materials used in their production, which allow the manufacturers to produce them in larger quantities at a low rate.
Currently, plastic shot glasses are supplied by numerous manufacturers which allow you to choose among a wide variety of attractive colors and designs. They are available in a multitude of choices. In the market, the buyers can choose from clear plastic shot glasses or plastic shot glasses with lids, depending on their intended use. During special occasions like weddings, the couple may also opt for personalized plastic shot glasses, which are not only attractive and elegant but are friendly to the wallet as well. Aside from plastic glasses, consider using jello shot syringes as well. They do not only make your drinks look more tempting, but also allow you to have a livelier party without having to spend a fortune. If you are looking for the best alternative to your fragile shot glasses, then the plastic shot glasses are the best way to go.