Silver plated flatware is a term that is used to describe cutlery and utensils that have been coated with a thin layer of silver metal. The silver coating is done through a process known as electro-plating. Most of the silver plated flatware is made of copper, brass and stainless steel. Some of the common silver plated items include forks, spoons, knives and serving plates for desserts and cakes. Silver plated flatware sets are readily available in the market and are affordable. They are very popular among home owners and people in the hospitality industry because these are the areas where they find daily use.
Silver plated flatware has certain features that make them different from the other types of flatware. These features are:
- They have a shiny luster, which makes them appealing and are easily maintained.
- This flatware has unique designs and patterns.
- They are durable and strong thus can be passed from generation to generation.
A unique factor about Silver plated flatware is their numerous and unique designs and patterns. Whenever you come across this flatware, the designs are the most appealing and attractive. These silver plated flatware patterns have been there since the start of silver plating and they include:
- Celtic braid
- Kelly Gold
Cleaning and Maintenance Tips
Silver plated flatware even though is durable, it is known to tarnish and corrode thus care should be taken. Cleaning and maintaining these items is not easy. Below are tips on how to clean silver plated flatware.
- Before cleaning any silver plated ware, ensure to read the instructions from the manufacturer. There is flatware that can be washed with a dishwasher whereas others should be hand washed.
- It is advisable to clean the flatware immediately after use. This is important because some foods contain acids that can react with the silver tarnishing it.
- On a regular basis, clean the silver plated object using a brush with soft bristles or using a soft cloth.
- In order to maintain the shiny luster of the flatware and ensure it is clean, polish the flatware once in a while. Ensure the polish is meant for silver items.
- Clean your silver flatware using detergent that is phosphate free and dry immediately with a soft cloth.
When purchasing sliver plated cutlery and utensils, it is advisable to shop for them online as you are sure to get them at discounted and cheap prices. For the best brand of silver plated flatware, choose the Yamazaki flatware, which are known for quality, unique designs and affordable prices. Keep this classy and highly elegant flatware in your inventory or set them in your table to add glamour in your dining room.