Homeowners will need to find helpful tips on window cleaning so their windows can be cleaned properly. This task is done no only when fall or spring time comes but on a regular basis. As of the present, it is easier cleaning and maintaining windows that are installed. A lot of window types now allowed homeowners to clean the exterior part of the window.
Window cleaning is done because we need to have a house to look best. Cleaning your windows must be done on regular basis. You can do it once a week or twice a month. Here are some window cleaning tips that will be useful for you to do the task properly.
Essential and Helpful Window Cleaning Tips
- You can wash first the one side on horizontal strokes and wash the other side of the window using vertical strokes. This is to know which side has already a splash.
- You can use a sponge with long handle to prevent splashes on big windows.
- The washing of windows can be done during a cloudy weather. If you clean during a sunny day, the cleaning solution will dry before you can even start the glass polishing.
- When doing a window cleaning on the corners, you can use a soft toothbrush.
- When you want to add an additional shine you can polish the window using a cotton t-shirt or not used cloth diapers. You can also rub it with a blackboard eraser after it is freshly washed.
- You can also polish your window with a crumpled newspaper to shine. The paper will leave a film that is good for resisting dirt.
- Top down washing the windows helps prevent leaks.
- Do not forget that window cleaners are not good in a window made of wood. When you let them drip on the windowsill they will cause damage to the paint or varnish.
- When window cleaning do not forget to use the right tools in cleaning different types of windows. But be sure you have the basic such as the soap, squeegees and applicators.
- You have to practice first the squeegees because they are hard to control. As beginner, you have to use the 12 inches model to work well on your way. Longer handles can develop your hand and eye coordination.
These are the few window cleaning tips that can help a lot. If you are looking for a new window in your house, try to understand first the replacement windows ratings. Know how they work and what service they do.