Dress pants are a type of pants intended for formal occasions. They are normally made of wool or polyester and some of them are made from natural and synthetic textiles. These pants are designed to be worn with matching coats or jackets. They differ from formal pants in that they have a crease because of their tight nature. They are not supposed to be worn with a white tie unlike formal pants that can be worn to complete a white tie outfit.
While formal pants are worn mostly on formal occasions to indicate the significance of the occasion, dress pants can be worn on formal and semiformal occasions. They can be worn with just a T-shirt without a tie, which is considered casual but smart. Dress pants for men are very versatile than formal pants as they can go well with a blazer and during the cold seasons, they can be worn with sleeveless sweaters and dress shirts.
Tips in Buying Dress Pants
If you want to buy dress pants or casual pants, here are some helpful tips.
- Occasion – Consider if it is a business trip or a meeting, a casual day at work or just staying at home, a dinner party or even for church. When you know this, you will be able to choose what is appropriate for every occasion.
- Season – This means the weather conditions during the time when you will be wearing the pants. There are different materials used to make dress pants and you are able to pick one that will go well with a hot or cold season.
- Size – Getting the right sizes that fit you is very important as this is what will make you look great and stylish in dress pants. It should neither be too big nor too small.
Styles of Dress Pants
- Skinny dress pants are also very fashionable these days. You can make several alterations after you have bought one to become skinny dress pants. For some, however, standard fitting dress pants are cozier and flexible.
- Black dress pants are the most commonly worn color of these pants. Other colors include brown, gray, charcoal, navy, and taupe.
- Tuxedo pants come in different colors and styles. They are categorized as formal wear and should match with the color and fabric of the tuxedo coat or jacket. One common feature of tuxedo pants is the satin strip that flows to each outer part of the legs. Other options of tuxedo pants include pleated front tux trousers and pleated tuxedo pants.
Dress pants are readily available and are affordable, too. You can get them in the local clothing stores or online retailers or have them custom made through your tailor.