Coffee is really an amazing and delicious drink. Amazing in a sense that it heightens your energy and even keeps you awake on a hard night’s work. It is made available in a wide range of varieties with mixes of other flavors. Coffee with ice cream is also a brilliant idea. It incorporates the flavor of coffee on a comfort food such as ice cream. So even when it is scorching hot during the summer, you can still have a refreshing coffee ice cream as an alternative to the hot coffee drink. Coffee ice cream is the popular thing these days. One can make homemade coffee ice cream easily. Here is a recipe on how to make coffee ice cream.
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of whole milk
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons of instant espresso
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground fresh coffee
- Take a medium sized bowl and whisk the egg yolks and half of the sugar finely.
- Take a bottomed saucepan and heat it. Keep the flame in simmer and add the other half of sugar and combine it with milk and cream on the pan.
- Whisk the instant coffee till it gets dissolved.
- Take a cup of hot milk or cream mixture and whisk it in the bowl along with the eggs.
- Whisk the egg and milk mixture into the pot along with the cream and cook it with low heat until the mixture gets thickened. Make sure that is does not get boiled.
- After 5 minutes, when the mixtures get thick, remove the mixture from the heat.
- Place the bowl in another bowl that contains ice water. This will help in stopping the custard process quickly.
- Whisk the vanilla once the mixture gets cool. Keep the mixture in the fridge until it gets cold.
With the help of this coffee ice cream recipe, making a coffee ice cream is very easy. You can also make a Keurig iced coffee easily. If you are really interested in making your own recipe, check on Food and Lifestyles section of the Internet and get some ideas on how to make your very own perfect ice cream at home. Browse through the web and you will find other recipes provided on sites which tackle about food. You can then compile everything you have learned and make it into one delicious and mouth-watering coffee ice cream by incorporating the ideas of each recipe.