The market is filled with numerous products for the hair today. You can find a variety of shampoos, conditioner and other hair care products. Most of these products are designed and formulated specifically for different types of hair like oily and dry hair.
Choosing the right shampoo depends on the condition of your hair. For instance, if your hair is oily, it is ideal for you to buy a specific shampoo for oily hair. This is because any other shampoo can easily worsen the condition of your hair and make it oilier. It is also important for you to choose the best shampoo for oily hair so that your hair is well taken cared of. To find which shampoo is best for you, focus on the cause first.
The reasons behind oily hair:
There are several reasons behind oily hair. It can be due to environmental factors or it could be purely genetic. The sebum produced may also differ based on the weather conditions like humidity, sun and wind. Pollution, puberty, hormonal changes, exercise and sweat are also factors that can affect the amount of sebum in your scalp.
Now that you know the reasons, you should know what a good shampoo for oily hair must contain and what it should be devoid of.
Here are the factors you must be on the lookout for when you buy a shampoo for oily hair:
- Deep cleansing and fortifying shampoos should be chosen.
- Check the ingredients for lauryl sulphate and sulfosuccinate. These are strong chemicals that are helpful in removing the excess oil from your scalp.
- Shampoo for oily hair is usually very strong and contains more chemicals. Also, you won’t see any residues after usage.
- You could also pick shampoos containing Zinc PCA. This is because Zinc PCA reduces the production of oil by regulating the functioning of sebaceous glands. This ingredient has also been proven to reduce irritation as well as the accumulation of oil.
- If your hair is sensitive to harsh chemicals, you could choose herbal products that are completely natural and don’t contain any chemicals.
- Don’t purchase shampoos with conditioners because they will have the opposite effect on your hair. They could hold the sebum in place instead of expelling it thus making matters worse for you. Hence you should buy a separate conditioner and never apply it directly on the scalp. A conditioner is meant only for the tips.
You could choose between wet shampoos and dry shampoos these days. Dry shampoos such as suave dry shampoo are ideal if you don’t want to work your hair very hard and would like to shampoo your hair quickly. Look for the best dry shampoo for oily hair if you want overall protection as the one aforementioned.