Are you looking for safer options of toxic nail polish removers? As you all know, anail polish remover is a natural or chemicalsolvent used to remove old nail polish from nails. Nowadays, there are lots of options on these products that you can choose from. Some are totally safe, while others may contain toxicnail polish remover ingredients.In most cases, however, the main ingredients used are alcohol, acetone, ethyl acetate, and butyl acetate.
Because some nail polish remover contains different chemical components, it can pose several adverse effects to the user. These can include brittle and dry nails, skin dehydration, and eye irritation. In addition, it has noticeable chemical smell and flammable properties. To counter these negative effects, safer versions are now available. To help you get a better understanding of each of them, this article has created a brief description stated in the list below.
- Homemade Nail Polish Remover – Safe, healthy, and inexpensive, homemade removers offer a better alternative to chemical-based solvents. To keep your home free from dangerous chemicals, consider doing this project at home. To make one, you simply need to combine equalamounts of lemon juice and vinegarand apply the mixture on the nails using a cotton balland you are done.
- Non acetone Nail Polish Remover – Usually, non acetone removers contain natural ingredients that are derived from fruits like ethyl acetate. These components are less likely causing dryness to the nails and have fumes that are not as bad as the chemical versions. While it may take additional time to dissolve nail polish, it still provides an effective solution in cleaning nails prior to polish application. When using, make sure that you apply the remover in a well-ventilated environment.
- Other Handy Alternatives – In case these ingredients are not available, you can also use rubbing alcoholor certain brands of perfume and toothpaste that contain a bit of acetone to eliminate all sorts of polishes like metallic nail polish. However, if there is no other option left, you can simply apply another coat of polish on the nails to wet them once again and then wipe them off using a cotton ball.
These alternatives have acidic ingredients, which effectively break down all types of nail polish there is. To speed up the process, soak your fingers inhot water for ten to fifteen minutes. Nail polish removal does not have to be dangerous when you can use safer nail polish remover instead.
If you love nail polish but want something different this time, you might want to give color changing nail polish a try. Unlike regular nail polish, it changes in color whenever it is exposed to sunlight or temperature changes. And since it was targeted towards the fashionable crowd, the colors are usually available in trendy instead of classic shades. For people with passion for classics, however, there are some varieties that they can choose from which range from ivory and pink to magenta and metallic nail polish. Have you tried a color changing nail polish before? If not, then it would be a good decision to try them on and be amazed yourself.
How It Works
Oftentimes, UV color changing nail polish change into only two colors – the original color when it is initially applied and the alternate color when exposed to sunlight or other sources of heat like warm water and hot air. But once the temperature changes again – becomes cooler for example – the color will return to its original tone.
This color shifting, as they say, is similar to what mood color changing nail polish do. This, however, detects your mood changes to make the nail polish color change. According to your body’s thermal changes the polish blooms into another color. Fun and interesting, it shows you how many times your mood changes which will surely make you smile.
One of the most popular names on this industry is Mood Struck color changing nail polish. Inspired by the retro fashion era, this nail polish gimmick is increasingly becoming a hit, especially to women who have a constant need for innovation and change. In this manner, the ladies will not have to buy a nail polish with a different color again since their needs are perfectly met.
While one-color polishes still reign the most popular nowadays, color changing polishes are dramatically becoming a crowd’s favorite, especially to the youth who always have the eye for fun and exciting colors. They may not be suitable for professional settings like the workplace and business events, but the color lovers do not care. In fact, more and more of them are visiting the salons to choose among the wide array of polishes available.
Color changing nail polish provides the change and fun that most modern women are looking for these days. If you are one of them, you should definitely purchase a bottle or two today for you to enjoy the “magic” for yourself. It may be a bit pricey than regular polish, but the higher price is totally well worth it.
What are the benefits of having nail polish that is metallic? Metallic nail polish finishes make nails look like metal because of the shimmering look it gives the nails when the application is done. It differs from regular nail polish because of its natural shine unlike the ordinary polish where the shine is only achieved after clear varnish has been applied over it. Nail polish referred to as metallic is available in a variety of colors, not only the silver or gold that is quite popular. Furthermore, this type of nail polish is considered chic as well as modern and a favorite for women with long or short nails who want their nails to appear strong while attracting attention.
Types Of Metallic Nail Polish
Among the wide variety of nail polishes that give a metallic finish, there are those that are popular and can be spotted on the fingernails of many women. These nail polish finishes are available in many stores whether online stores or at beauty stores in different malls and they include:
- Metallic Mirror Nail Polish – This type of nail polish is highly reflective bringing out special effects of a metallic finish on the nails. The special effects include mirror shine, color-shifting effect and intensity of color that is attributed to the formula used in its creation.
- Metallic Silver Nail Polish – This type of nail polish brings out a silvery effect on the nails leaving them looking shiny. The silver metallic finish is popular among both younger and older women as it is can be worn for any occasion.
- Metallic Gold Nail Polish – This is a favorite of many women who would like their nails to look classy with a metallic finish. Gold is a color that is able to complement any type of outfit thereby making this particular nail polish a “must have” for any woman.
Fashion Tips On Metallic Nail Polish
Although, nail polish that gives a metallic finish is a favorite of many women, it is important to know how to pair them up with various outfits and when to wear them.
- Wear nail polish that is as close to your skin tone as possible, so that they can complement each other. However, there are times when a color that contrasts the skin tone is acceptable especially for younger girls.
- Use subtle shades for everyday wear as brighter shades can be distracting when interacting with various people. Wear brighter shades when attending a party or when trying to make an impression on a date.
- If possible, match your nail polish color with that of your eye shadow for a picture perfect look. However, shades like silver and gold can be used together as long as either shade is not overdone.
- To create a unique nail color, you can apply more than one color of metallic nail polish on your nails.
Ultimately, having nail polish with a metallic finish is a “must have” for women who want to stand out and have a distinctive look whether at work or when attending a special event.
Do you know the top 5 nail polish brands in terms of quality and affordability? When it comes to nail polish, women could spend a great deal of money collecting colors. That is why it’s best to find a budget nail polish brand to buy. Dollar stores and drugstores carry many great nail polish brands and here’s the top 5 nail polish brands on a budget to choose from. You can find them at your local drugstore or even dollar store for an affordable and stylish manicure.
Top 5 Budget Brands
- Wet n Wild. Wet n Wild nail polish is a long time budget product. With every color imaginable including special nail art polishes and even chrome nail polish when you need a great price to satisfy your polish fetish Wet n Wild is the way to go.
- Sally Hansen. Sally Hansen has a history in being in the top 5 nail polish brands that fits in any budget. Not only can you get colorful polishes but you can also get all sorts of manicure tools including top coats, nail strengtheners and nail art supplies from Sally Hansen.
- Revlon. Revlon is a well known nail polish brand and many of this brand’s products make the top lists. With several different nail polish collections and lines Revlon is a budget polish that gives you a great deal of variety along with the savings.
- L.A. Colors. L.A. Colors is a brand that has become popular in the past few years. With cutting edge colors and great nail art polishes there is no end to the variety of looks that you can create with this budget nail polish brand.
- Mirage. Mirage nail polish is a higher end of the discount price range but well worth the extra. With amazing colors, long lasting polish and a great reputation as a quality product, Mirage is one of the most popular budget lines for nail polish products.
When you want to get quality nail polish products that are affordable, simply visit your local drugstore and compare prices. Many times you can find the same color in different brands for a variety of prices. There’s no need to pay a fortune for a great nail polish. You can spend less on each one making it possible to buy more colors at one time.
Most women aren’t satisfied with just one color of nail polish despite the fact that many tend to spend most of their time within a specific color family. Some like pinks, some like reds while other women prefer a rainbow of colors based on their clothing and style preferences.
No matter what your color or style choices you can have an amazing manicure every day of the week with the top 5 nail polish brands listed above.
Are you having problems on when and how to apply nail polish? Although trying to find the time to paint your nails is sometimes difficult, knowing thedos and don’ts when applying nail polish can help you to have the best looking manicure you can. Knowing how to properly handle the nail polish and take care of your nails can avoid you making any mistakes that will either harm your nails or diminish the lasting effects of your nail color.
General Rules When Applying Nail Polish
The following are rules when applying nail polish.
- Taking care of the polishyou buy is the first step in knowing how to properly apply your nail polish.
- You should always store your nail products in a cool and dry place. Read all of the guidelines for storing them plus any directions for use which are mentioned with each product. Extreme temperatures can cause the nail products to chip, so avoid putting your nail polish in warm places.
- You should not use any polish thinners because these can make your nails appear dull and degrade the quality of the nail polish.
- When you are ready to apply your nail polish, you should never shake the bottle because this will cause air bubbles to form in the polish. Instead, rolling the bottle of nailpolish or turning it upside down for around three minutes will help the color to blend together well.
- When applying the polish, use two to three broad strokes to completely cover the nail.
- Avoid over applyingthe polish as it will take longer to dry.
- Don’t stick your hands in front of a blowing fan, wave your hands back and forth or put your hands under cold running water. You should instead wait for your nail polish to air dry naturally.
The other things you should know about the dos and don’ts when applying nail polish is the sort of colors that will look good with your skin tone. When it comes to nude colors, here are the things you need to know.
- Avoid pale and fleshy colors if you have pale skin.
- You may wear stronger shades when you have darker skin, with or without white pigments.
Also, when it comes to candy colors, the following are the shades that will contrast with your skin tone.
- Stay away fromlight tones of candy colored polishes if you have pale skin.
- With a darker skin tone, you should be wearing the lighter colors.
Salmon pink and similar colors shouldn’t be used by anyone as they will drain away your color.
With toffee and coffee nude colors, you need to choose very carefully. They will often look good on any skin tone, but you should still choose a color that will match your skin tone, otherwise you can end up looking overdone. Glittery and shimmery colors like chrome nail polish are quite popular and they are the best choice when you are looking for a glamorous look. They are also the best polishes for your beach look and when you have tanned skin. However, remember that too much glitter can be very hard to remove.
With sufficient knowledge, the dos and don’ts when applying nail polish will help keep your nails healthy and your nail polishes in their best conditions. Plus, your manicure will look its best and last longer when you know how to properly care for and apply your polish.
Do you have a hard time organizing your nail polish collection? Just as your collection of nail polish is growing with the never ending styles coming up, having your own nail polish rack is the solution to keep your storage neat and easy to find. This idea helps you to organize your nail polish in every color and every kind. This will allow you to scan through your colors without having you dig in your endless variety of nail polish.
Types of Racks for Nail Polish
There are several types of racks you can see in the market. You can even make your own if you want it tailored according to your unique need. Here are some samples of racks which you can use to organize your fashion collection of nail polish:
- Nail polish wall rack. This rack in embedded on the wall. It is a permanent structure which is ideal for nail salons and polish stores. To make these racks attractive, lights are installed over it to show the bright-colored nail polish which act as both display and decoration.
- Wood back nail polish rack for walls. This is a mountable kind of rack where you can hang it or screw it anywhere in your wall. It has a homey yet, chic appearance. Typically, the wooden back has a shiny stainless steel holder to keep the nail polish in place. A regular-sized wall rack like this can hold up to 90 bottles of nail polish.
- Nail polish acrylic display rack. This is the type of rack you see in the grocery stores where the rack is made of sturdy plastic. The top most level is usually enlarged for advertizing the brand names on the display.
- Spinning nail polish rack. This charming rack rotates whenever you want to scan through your different colors of nail polish. It is ideal for small spaces where you cannot install wall mounted racks. This type of rack can be made of glass for an elegant display. Store owners invest in this type because it can capture a classy feeling. You can actually make your own spinning racks using pretty glasses plates.
Can You DIY Nail Polish Rack?
Of course, you can custom-made your own rack. You have to decide what type of racks you need. You can choose to make a wall-mounted rack or a spinning rack. For wall mounted rack, here are the things you need:
- Wooden ruler
- Card board
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Several charming buttons for decoration
The first thing you have to do is to determine the measurement of your rack. Cut the card board according to your desired size. Then, measure the styrofoam’s length. It should be leveled to each sides of the card board. The thickness should be not less than two inches to make it strong enough in holding your collection. Use the glue to attach it on the card board. To keep nail polish bottles in place, use the sticks. Just measure it according to the size of the styro and stick it on the card board using a glue gun. Decorate your rack the way you wanted it to look like.
Organizing things is fun if you have the right storage. Keep your collection neat by keeping your colorful collection in your nail polish rack. It would be a breeze in making a choice as you can see your base coating, chrome nail polish or glittered nail polish all packed in an organized and orderly manner.