A lot of changes have been made from the traditional cloth diapers vs disposable diapers. While it is in your best judgment to use whichever type of nappy you want for your baby, still, it is best that you be guided on the advantages and disadvantages of using either of them, which will be discussed below.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Washable Diapers
One of the advantages that cloth diapers vs disposable diapers have is that cloth diapers are always soft against the baby’s skin. They are free from the chemicals as found in most disposable diapers. Further, cloth diapers are best for recycling purposes because they can just be washed and used again.
The downside of just using cloth diapers, however, is that it can be so much of a hassle to keep on washing the nappies every time you need them. It would even be more troublesome if you run out of clean and dry cloth diapers to use. Plus, if you’re going on a trip with your baby, the cloth diapers vs disposable diapers would certainly be less advantageous, especially when your baby has to go number two. You would have to contend with keeping a dirty and smelly diaper with you along the way.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Disposable Diapers
As mentioned, one of the advantages of disposable diapers is that they are a lot more convenient to use when you embark on trips with your baby, no matter how long or short. You can just easily throw away the used and dirty diaper, and simply take out a new one for your baby to use. You need not spend a lot of time washing your baby’s nappies. You can even have more time to play with your baby.
The biggest downside of using disposable diapers is that there are babies who tend to get diaper rash from using these disposable diapers. This is especially true when the mommy does not use a diaper from a trusted brand like Thirsties diaper covers. The rashes can make the baby uncomfortable, which means that you will get less rest as you would constantly need to attend to your baby.
As mentioned, the choice of whether or not to use cloth diapers vs disposable diapers is entirely up to you. Most probably, at home moms would prefer cloth diapers because they would have time to spare for washing them. Also, looking at the disposable and washable nappies price comparison, cloth diapers would surely save them a lot of money.
A new health conscious choice for baby’s delicate skin is Thirsties modern cloth diapers. These darling alternatives to the costly chemical containing disposable diapers are made with your baby’s needs at the forefront of their ingenious design. With unique and adorable designs of Thirsties modern cloth diapers and Thirsties diaper covers, your little one will surely feel snug the whole time he is wearing one.
Harmful Chemicals Some Diapers Contain
Popular disposable diapers contain various chemicals, which may be harmful for your baby. These include the following:
Tributyltin is used in a product that is primarily created to prevent the growth of barnacles, bacteria and algae on boat hulls. Research has shown that human skin is sensitive to this chemical, although it is unclear as to what the degree of sensitivity is.
This water-absorbing chemical, reported as non-toxic, has been known to cause mild to moderate skin irritation. This compound is found in disposable diapers today.
This chemical is the by-product of chlorine as a result of bleaching the material. Dioxine exposure can affect the immune system, and create hormone imbalance as well as increased cancer risk. Dioxin has been proven to build up in the human body throughout the person’s life.
These products are found in disposable diapers today, which is a great concern for parents and the makers of Thirsties modern cloth diapers. Because of these concerns and the desire for a healthier alternative, none of these chemicals is used in the manufacture of Thirsties modern cloth diapers or Thirsties diaper covers accessories.
Instead, Thirsties modern cloth diapers use a very unique scientifically developed fleece material that absorbs wetness and moisture away from the skin, while acting as an excellent moisture barrier. This technology was originally developed for use in the medical field. The development was to assure liquid absorbing material that could withstand multiple washings, yet remain effective against moisture. By using Thirsties modern cloth diapers, Thirsties diaper covers and Thirsties all in one diaper, you assure the health of your baby and your baby’s fragile skin. Even Thirsties disposable inserts are made without these chemicals.
Benefits Of Thirsties Modern Cloth Diapers
Thirsties modern cloth diapers offer today’s mothers a new product for a healthy baby, that is:
- Free of unhealthy, potentially dangerous chemicals
- Adorably fashionable
- Easy to use
- Manufactured to last through many wash and dry cycles
- Protects baby’s skin from moisture, naturally
- Financially a smart choice
- Environmentally better
Understandably, Thirsties modern cloth diapers are the logical choice for your baby’s healthy skin. By using these diapers, you can rest assured that no chemicals come in contact with your baby’s tender skin nor can they be absorbed by the skin. Keeping your baby’s skin dry and preventing diaper rash irritation is as easy as using Thirsties diaper inserts to assure a moisture barrier.
The extensive and thorough research used to develop these modern cloth diapers assures that each diaper change will keep baby dry and comfortable. It is easy to see why they are the number one choice for the informed, health conscious and environmentally friendly parents of today’s babies.
Diapers, as it is called in Northern America, is called a ‘nappy’ in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and many other countries. Regardless the name, the question is the same all throughout the world, and this is whether to use reusable diapers or disposable ones. There are many on-going debates about the environmental impact of these two, and comparisons are being made about these two products from the types of materials that they use, to the chemicals and the energy that are exhausted at production, down to its usage and its disposal.
Environmental Impact Of Certain Kinds Of Diapers
Perhaps from the environmentalists’ point of view, any type of product has environmental impact. These are their simplest conclusions:
- Disposable diaper’s largest impact is on the environment because it takes longer for these diapers to decompose, thus, they contribute to the earth’s landfill.
- Reusable diapers also uses more energy to wash, water as well as detergents to clean.
Helping The Environment With The Right Diaper
Parents can now simply make their choice of which diaper to get based on the performance of the product, the over-all cost of using them over time and the convenience of its use. The good news is, there are a few things you can do to help decrease the impact of using even the cheap reusable diapers to the environment:
- Wait for a full load on the washing machine to conserve energy
- Use colder water temperature in washing; no need to heat it up using more energy
- Use only detergents that are organic or earth friendly and stop using washing detergents or fabric conditioners that are harmful to the environment
- Use only the dryer in wet season; dry the diapers under the sun
- Reusable diapers, especially the best reusable diapers, need not be ironed
- Recycle the water from the washing machine instead of disposing them immediately
- Pass on the reusable diapers to another child in the family or give it away
- Use hemp as the top priority material
How To Wash Reusable Diapers
According to reusable diapers review, this is how to properly wash reusable diapers:
- Remove any waste and wash the soiled area of the reusable diapersby hand. You may need to soak the diaper for a few minutes in water with a little detergent to help soften the stain. This will prevent other clean areas to have the same stink and discoloration.
- Once done, prepare the washing machine. Use only organic detergent in plain cold water. Use hot water only if the soil is heavy and only if it’s necessary.
- Make sure that the pocket diapers and its inserts are held together. You can also add a scoop of baking soda to help whiten the cloth and eliminate the odour.
- Use cold water to rinse. You can add a cup of vinegar to the water to remove the urine odour instead of using fabric conditioners.
- Line dry your reusable diapers if it’s not wet season. During the wet season, you may put then on low heat for approximately fifteen minutes.
Especially if you dread the yucky part of changing babies on reusable diapers, you may find this idea so inconvenient. But, think green. Soon enough, you will realize that the best brands like Thirsties diaper covers help diapering pretty simple and enticing. I’s not going to be really bad after all. Soon enough, you will see the benefits more clearly and save Mother Earth at the same time enjoying parenthood.
One major downside to disposable nappies, it is its impact to Mother Earth. Imagine that a single disposable nappy is estimated to decompose on an average of 500 years under ideal weather conditions. Consider the number of babies using an average of 8 to 12 disposable nappies each day for a newborn and about 6 to 8 for an older one all around the world. This would mean scarcity of a good landfill for them to decompose. So, the first disposable nappy that was ever introduced to the market as a solution to some natural motherhood inconveniences is still buried somewhere underground up to now and will remain there, slowly decomposing for several more centuries. We just know something has to be done, and that is to introduce washable nappies if only to be responsible citizens of this world.
Advantages Of Washable Nappies
Aside from the impact of disposable nappies to the environment, here are a few other benefits of using washable nappies:
- It is more practical to use. Imagine that each child has different developmental milestones. On the average, kids may still wear nappies for an average of 2 ½ to 3 years. Buying reusable nappies may be more expensive initially, but because they can be used again or even passed on to another baby, they turn out to save you much more. Plus, other babies can even reach up to 4 years old and still need to be worn a nappy.
- Given the best washable nappies, they are actually better in leak-proofing than its disposable counterpart.
- Washable nappies are also more skin-friendly. According to statistics, children experience less skin rashes on washable nappies than on disposable ones.
- Shorter potty training. Ask parents who have been on washable nappies and compare their experience with those who have been using disposable ones. It has been observed that because disposable ones has that dry feeling for babies even after they make a pee, the parents spend more time in potty training or educating them about communicating when they feel like it than if they have been using cloth diapers.
- Washable nappies can be a beautiful fashion statement. The recent call to educate parents about the effects of disposable diapers mainly to the environment has led parents to prefer using washable cloth nappies. This demand as what is obvious in the washable nappies reviews has pushed many manufacturers to give more options to parents. Thirsties diaper covers come in different colors to match the parents’ taste and a lot of varied prints. Some have simple shapes and patterns like circles and hearts, others have themes and character prints that make the babies more adorable to look at.
On a final note, washable nappies can be made up of many materials you can choose from. Some washable nappies are made of wool, nylon, polyurethane laminate or PUL, polyester, or fleece. Regardless of which material you choose, you are certain to get one that makes your baby comfortable, cool and dry.
If you want to reduce your carbon emission while taking care of your baby you might want to consider using Thirsties diaper covers. Thirsties has been in the business of making cloth diapers for years now to help minimize their impact to the environment while at the same time providing parents with the means of keeping the baby comfortable even when they are in a budget. If you are using the usual synthetic diapers that you need to dispose after use, cloth diapers can be washed and reused without harming your baby at all. Let us find out more about what Thirsties diaper covers are and how they can help you keep your baby cool and comfy while reducing the amount of waste you produce to the environment.
What Are Thirsties Diaper Covers?
Thirsties diaper covers is the perfect alternative to the usual synthetic diapers today. It offers a snug fit while leaving space for air to pass through to keep your baby comfortable. The diaper cover by Thirsties is designed to mold itself perfectly with different types of cloth diapers such as pre-folded, fitted or contoured cloth diapers. You can actually find them coming in different designs, styles and colors that you can easily mix and match with your baby’s outfit for the day.
Features Of Thirsties Diaper Covers
- Leg Gussets for better protection against leaks.
- Hook and loop closure that is highly durable.
- Nicely cut.
- Cut-out for umbilical cord.
- Fabric used is completely water proofed and pliable for maximum comfort.
Where To Buy Thirsties Diaper Covers
There are lots of places where you can get Thirsties diaper covers today. You can shop for one in stores near you or direct from the manufacturer through their website. You can also look for places that are offering Thirsties diaper covers clearance where you can get these handy diaper covers at really low prices.
How about trying Thirsties Duo diaper covers? This type of diaper covers can be used from birth all the way to the time when you start potty training your baby. You can easily pair this diaper cover with fitted cloth diaper or pre-fold cloth diapers without any difficulties. Using this type of diaper cover can actually save you from using more than $2,000 disposable diapers while raising your baby from infancy to toddler years.
Raising your baby shouldn’t be too difficult nor too expensive now that Thirsties diaper covers sale are available. It is about time that you give back to the environment by reusing diapers instead of disposing them. With Thirsties diaper covers, you can save money while being more friendly to the environment. Try one today and see for yourself how enjoyable it is to use cloth diapers instead of disposable diapers.