Home theatre systems are extremely popular today and so are the home theater speakers because they are an integral part of the system. Only when you have the best home theater speakers can you be guaranteed of high quality surround sound which will enhance your television watching experience. There are numerous types of home theater speakers today and choosing among them can be difficult. The reward however, can be very sweet. It is a time consuming process but at the end of it you will be satisfied with your purchase. There are essentially a few things to keep in mind while purchasing these speakers.
- Home theater speakers may either be bundled or may come as separate units. While bundled speakers are easier to use and are highly convenient, separate units gives you the flexibility of choosing the best quality.
- Buying individual speakers also let you mix speakers of different brands. Some brands like Polk speakers may have better quality midrange sounds while other products may have better subwoofer sounds. It is your choice to pick the best unit offered by each brand and assemble the units together in one system to get the best possible sound and entertainment experience.
- The main disadvantage is that in buying individual speakers you have to do the installation yourself. Each separate component will have its own installation instructions, warranty and other such things. Putting all these together could be a lot harder and may cost you more in the long run. But if DIY projects related to electronics excite you, you could go for these with ease.
- There are also several technicalities that you need to consider in buying home theater speakers. Wattage is of course your key priority but beware of the marketing strategies of different companies. They announce the wattage with pride but that is usually the peak and not the average wattage. You should check the RMS (root mean square) or the average wattage rather than PMPO (peak music power output) before making your purchase.
- If you are purchasing online, make it a point to look through a number of home theater speakers reviews. These reviews will give you a better understanding of home theater speakers. But beware of spam and false reviews. Browsing through several different sites is thus ideal.
- Some home theatre speaker manufacturers are Revel, PSB, Atlantic Technology, Outlaw Audio,DCM and SVSound. These are the top of the line brands, in terms of price, available in the market today. There are also several brands like Behringer, Blackheart, CBI, Celestion, Crate, DBX, Dunlop, Edirol, Elctro voice, Eminence, Epiphone, and EVH that competes with the consumers.
You should be careful while looking through the prices of home theater speakers. Before purchasing, ask for a demo and check if they are worth the price tag. Go through the specifications and the guarantee offered. If you are short on budget, you could choose to buy online but you should make sure you spend some time researching before making any move over the internet.