If you have a sweet tooth, then white chocolate is one of your favorite snacks. White chocolate is easy to make. This chocolate has a few benefits that you can reap when eating in moderation.
- White chocolate is high on calcium and thus a rich source of phosphorous and riboflavin.
- It contains caffeine which acts as a stimulant.
- It is sweeter and creamier than dark chocolate and so it is a favorite for most people.
White Chocolate Recipes
Many people do not know how to make white chocolate and other products containing such like white chocolate popcorn and chocolate covered almonds. You can get recipes online or in recipe books and magazines. Here is a basic step on how to make white chocolate. Accompanied with a microwave, you have the following ingredients.
- ¼ cup of cocoa butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of soy milk powder
- 1/3 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- Salt (a pinch)
Below is procedure that you need to follow.
- Put the cocoa butter in a microwavable container, say plastic or wooden bowl, and heat for 1 minute. If the cocoa butter will not have melted when this time elapses, you can heat for an extra10 to 15 seconds. You can also add a little butter for uniform melting while you stir.
- When the butter and chocolate have melted, add the vanilla extract, soy milk powder, confectioners and a pinch of salt. Stir until you have a thick, yellowish liquid.
- Place the mixture in mould such as those used for baking, ensuring that you shake them properly to get rid of any air bubbles that may be entrapped in the mixture.
- Place the mould in the middle section of the fridge, to allow for a good setting of the mixture.
- Leave for four hours, after which you remove and place the chocolate in an air tight container.
You can also get other chocolate recipes such as white chocolate fudge recipe online, and learn how to do it yourself.
How to Utilize Chocolates
White chocolate can be great gifts for a special someone or for families but it needs some decoration tips for it to become a perfect gift.
- You can incorporate some dark chocolate during the molding process so that when it sets, it will be a cocktail with both white and dark chocolate.
- You can in script something, maybe the name of that person or a drawing on the chocolate, with a different color of chocolate.
- You can make chocolate molds with different, fancy shapes such as stars or animal shapes for an attractive look. You can then wrap them in a box.
White chocolate is tasty and nice but when eaten not in moderation, it can cause health complications. Enjoy preparing, eating and decorating white chocolates.